Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just listening to one of my favorite songs and it got me thinking... what would be your "21 things you would want in a lover?"... Interesting thought.

"21 Things I Want In A Lover"

Do you derive joy when someone else succeeds?
Do you not play dirty when engaged in competition?
Do you have a big intellectual capacity but know
that it alone does not equate to wisdom?
Do you see everything as an illusion
but enjoy it even though you are not of it?
Are you both masculine and feminine, politically aware, and don't believe in capital punishment?

These are 21 things that I want in a lover
Not necessarily needs but qualities that I prefer

Do you derive joy from diving in and seeing that
loving someone can actually feel like freedom? Are you funny and self-deprecating, like adventure, and have many formed opinions?

I figure I can describe it since I have a choice in the matter
These are 21 things I choose to choose in a lover

I'm in no hurry; I could wait forever
I'm in no rush cause I like being solo
There are no worries and certainly no pressure In the meantime I'll live like there's no tomorrow

Are you uninhibited in bed, more than three times a week, up for being experimental?
Are you athletic?
Are you thriving in a job that helps your brother?
Are you not addicted?

I figure I can describe it since I have a choice in the matter
These are 21 things I choose to choose in a lover

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying really hard to be happy today, and "love" always does the trick for me. I didn't mean it to offensive or strange... only something that has me happy on a difficult day. :wink:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
If I listed 21 things, I'd never find her, so I don't really see the point in dwelling what will never be :mellow:

Maybe I'd enjoy to find someone who knows how to make me laugh.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I found out a few years ago that these kind of lists that people make and actual love when it happens are two different things.

One can have a mental list of things you'd like to see in your future partner, then meet that person and experience no feelings whatsoever for him or her.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well... I'm married now for almost 18 years, and have always enjoyed this song. I make lists for everything and yeah... I would guess that I did have a "list for love" as well. :wink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmmmmmm, 21 things? Thats a lot to come up with. Being as picky as I am that shouldn't be too hard...lol

1.Someone I can feel safe and protected with
2.Someone I feel a soulful connection to through physical touch
3.Someone I can communicate with on a very intimate level
4.Someone that values and accepts me
5. Someone who can give me space and who has a life of their own
6 Someone who is honest and loyal
7 Someone who can laugh and play and be silly! Who isn't afraid of what people think.
8.Someone who is in his own way spiritual and who, as Albert Einstein put it, lives his life as though everything is a miracle : )
9.Someone who is passionate about people and is caring
10. Someone who is open minded and a deep thinker
11. Someone who enjoys nature and who doesn't mind sitting in the silence
12. Someone who won't mind the fact that I take forever to walk somewhere because I get so distracted by what I see. Or perhaps I should just say someone who is patient.
13. Someone who is intella...intelerg..uhhhh..intelier...ummmm.. smart! He would be real smart :p

I can't think of any more. This "21 things in a lover" list is harder than I thought. Thanks for giving us something to think about. : )

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Beautiful hair, pretty face, eyes I can get lost in. Oh, and she also must be level 18. I don't date n00bs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts