Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first typing post was http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/470658-searching-my-type-ixxx-d-i-think.html
i used (or tried ^^) to answer this questionaire.It might have failed =D

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I think you are an INTP. I think a Ne-dom would be spending less time on each question, you go quite in depth which I think is more of a Ti thing. You also pause a good deal in thought (if part of that is grasping for a word as English is your (2nd?) language that might affect things though) Your English is amazing by the way, at first I thought you were a native speaker) Ooh, and congratulations on your engagement; I wish you happiness)))
That's just my opinion though and I'm not really that sure. Hopefully someone a little better at typing than I will come along and figure it out properly. :/

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I would say you're a more sociable variant of an INTP. Not all of them are extremely introverted and unaware of social constructs :)

Oh, and I like your personality. You seem very smart and nice to be around.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you are an INTP. I think a Ne-dom would be spending less time on each question, you go quite in depth which I think is more of a Ti thing. You also pause a good deal in thought (if part of that is grasping for a word as English is your (2nd?) language that might affect things though) Your English is amazing by the way, at first I thought you were a native speaker) Ooh, and congratulations on your engagement; I wish you happiness)))
That's just my opinion though and I'm not really that sure. Hopefully someone a little better at typing than I will come along and figure it out properly. :/
Hey thanks for the input and the explaining on how you see certain functions in action (or not/less).And for the congratulations :D

The pausing is not really due to speaking in english, maybe 10% max.It's how I talk normally.Tbh I never noticed I pause that much.I mean, I knew I paused but not that I paused that long, in my head it seems shorter. =D if that makes sense.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've watched the video and perused your responses in the other thread.
I would say that you are definitely NTP. The Ne and Ti seem pretty clear in the video. It's your E versus I preference that is not that clear. However based on your answer to question 14 in the video where you said that you would go out rather than stay in, and the fact that Ne is spewing out of your video, I am going with ENTP.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've watched the video and perused your responses in the other thread.
I would say that you are definitely NTP. The Ne and Ti seem pretty clear in the video. It's your E versus I preference that is not that clear. However based on your answer to question 14 in the video where you said that you would go out rather than stay in, and the fact that Ne is spewing out of your video, I am going with ENTP.
Yeah the NTP part seems to be sort of fixed in stone :) Ti and Ne in abundance.But I'm quite torn.The thing is I used to go out a lot.I enjoy it.But I really do need alone time.Maybe the extraversion in this case is not perticularly related to people but more to information sources around me. But when I test for example my TI is through the roof.Always. I'm starting to think I'm an ENTP with very high TI or an INTP with good Fe.I don't know.How does a ENTP meltdown look like?Because In my case I get very emotional but it is a heavy mix of Si and Fe so I'm not certain which is the one driving the meltdown.This video is 2 days after a semi meltdown, so I had time to recuperate which might explain the high energy level.But it might also just be my natural state.Prrrffff :D

I do feel like I have a very high Si.Should read up on that one more.

maybe i should just settle on xntp.But that seems like I didn't want to..go the extra mile :D you know

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah the NTP part seems to be sort of fixed in stone :) Ti and Ne in abundance.But I'm quite torn.The thing is I used to go out a lot.I enjoy it.But I really do need alone time.Maybe the extraversion in this case is not perticularly related to people but more to information sources around me. But when I test for example my TI is through the roof.Always. I'm starting to think I'm an ENTP with very high TI or an INTP with good Fe.I don't know.How does a ENTP meltdown look like?Because In my case I get very emotional but it is a heavy mix of Si and Fe so I'm not certain which is the one driving the meltdown.This video is 2 days after a semi meltdown, so I had time to recuperate which might explain the high energy level.But it might also just be my natural state.Prrrffff :D

I do feel like I have a very high Si.Should read up on that one more.

maybe i should just settle on xntp.But that seems like I didn't want to..go the extra mile :D you know
I don't see anything wrong with an extrovert needing some alone time after extroverting.

Here's a question for you:
You are feeling drained and need to recuperate. Note that I am not saying how you came to be drained, just that you are drained. Which of the following would you prefer?
  • Spending time engaging in an activity with other people. You have complete control over the choice of activity and the choice of people. You do not have to worry about kids, boyfriend, job or other obligations for the duration of this activity.
  • Spending time engaging in an activity by yourself. You have complete control over the choice of activity. You do not have to worry about kids, boyfriend, job or other obligations for the duration of this activity.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmm..I'm torn.. I would want to be home read,play a game or watch a tv show depending on my mood.but i wouldn't mind if my best friend was with me during the latter two.Because he wouldnt talk to me unless I made clear I wanted to talk.(he is prolly intp-ish).
So is that a social activity?Being in the same room not talking?But sometimes i will just want to crawl in my bed, but that is when it's very extreme.

·
Registered
159 Posts
hmmmm..I'm torn.. I would want to be home read,play a game or watch a tv show depending on my mood.but i wouldn't mind if my best friend was with me during the latter two.Because he wouldnt talk to me unless I made clear I wanted to talk.(he is prolly intp-ish).
So is that a social activity?Being in the same room not talking?But sometimes i will just want to crawl in my bed, but that is when it's very extreme.
Why is it important to have your friend with you when you are not interacting with him?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Convenience maybe?someone to share the experience with but without necessarily interacting about it. It's like doing something alone at the same time in the same place. It sounds weird I know :) There are very.few people that can be comfortably silent together,of the few I know he is the one that understands me best (least faulty anyway) when I'm in that state without having to explain myself. So he is not draining energy from me, but not giving. He is energy neutral at that point, but my activity and surroundings are energy positive ergo... Recharging

·
Registered
159 Posts
Convenience maybe?someone to share the experience with but without necessarily interacting about it. It's like doing something alone at the same time in the same place. It sounds weird I know :) There are very.few people that can be comfortably silent together,of the few I know he is the one that understands me best (least faulty anyway) when I'm in that state without having to explain myself. So he is not draining energy from me, but not giving. He is energy neutral at that point, but my activity and surroundings are energy positive ergo... Recharging
If your friend were not in the room would you recharge at the same rate, more slowly or not at all?

Now what if your friend was in the same house or apartment as you, but not in the same room. Would that be as good as having him in the same room?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your friend were not in the room would you recharge at the same rate, more slowly or not at all?

Now what if your friend was in the same house or apartment as you, but not in the same room. Would that be as good as having him in the same room?
1st question same rate,2nd he doesn't need to be in the room. If in the house I could still go talk to him if I wanted to withou much effort

·
Registered
159 Posts
1st question same rate,2nd he doesn't need to be in the room. If in the house I could still go talk to him if I wanted to withou much effort
If your friend was in a different part of the house, could you completely recharge without having to interact with him? Or is it a must to talk to him during the recharge?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no not a must.sometimes I would prefer to talk, but I'm wondering maybe if I want someone there for when my energy is recharged.You know?So we can start having fun again :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
no not a must.sometimes I would prefer to talk, but I'm wondering maybe if I want someone there for when my energy is recharged.You know?So we can start having fun again :D
Alright, consider this scenario:
Your friend is in another part of the house. You are recharging alone in your room. When you have recharged completely, and only when you have recharged completely, you go and talk to your friend.

Now is there any way to improve on this scenario such as changing something to allow you to recharge faster or better?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you very much for your time and assistance.I think I am indeed an INTP but just don't necesarilly recognize myself in some other intp's on youtube.Although I have the idea that some om them are a lot more communicative/energetic than others.Like, a lot.I'm quite scatterbrained but normally quite energetic when talking.Would you think that is Ne or Fe or both?Just out of curiousity.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kind of a fun video, Dwelfusius. I think you would fit better as INTJ.
wowie :) I was very much not expecting that one :)
care to elaborate? The Te is present although less than Ti according to tests (but from my limited function knowledge it is certainly one of the higher ones in my stack), Fi is there as well, I think Fe and Fi are a bit equally developed in my case, slight Fe preference.But the Ni..woosh you got me there..Or it is due to the fact that it's the function I underand least or I just suck at figuring myself out but I think that will be together with Se one of my weakest functions.Whereas Si is..very present in me. I think

1 - 20 of 23 Posts