Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me how does your enneagram type clash or merge with your mbti type. And how did you figure out you weren't NOT Fe dom (or not fe at all for some of you).

I tend to see 2 as ExFJs instinctively and that's because I don't know how to imagine them otherwise. But I wanna hear your thoughts, feelings and experiences just to help me understand how mbti interacts with enneagram 2. Thanks.

·
Registered
ISFP 2w1 (9w1 7w6) sp/so
36 Posts
ISFP 2w1 core here !

How did I figure out I wasn't Fe dom ? Honestly that was never a question.
I discovered through 16personnalities, though I have (thankfully) branched out since then. The test only ever hesitated between INFP and ISFP. I did research on the cognitive functions, and I settled on ISFP after some times. I only discovered enneagram after that.
I'm Fi dom through and through. My values are personal and extremely important to me. I never thought of myself as Fe, and it's only after I discovered enneagram that I realized how much 2 was confused with Fe.

Sooo, how does my Fi interact with my 2 ? Pretty well most of the time honestly. They overlap in different areas.
My Fi make it so that I value kindness, being a ''good'' persons and making positive changes around me according to my personal beliefs (non religiously speaking, just personal principles) ; and my 2 wants to be perceived as kind and helpful and that's also how I think of myself as the more worthy of being loved.

I would say my Fi mostly clashes with my 2 when some of my other values contradict my 2 in one shape or another. For example I also value honesty, speaking the truth. Meaning I'm sometimes faced with uncomfortable situations when I have to choose between telling the truth, and not hurting the other person (since I want to be kind & help them)
Most of the time, I try to circumvent around the problem : emphasizing the positive sides I do think to get the truth pill to go down easier for example.

I am a 2w1 and Fi dom however; so I think the w1 and Fi mingle even more; and I can't tell you as much of the perspective of a 2w3.
However; I've met a few other 2s core on the net, and none of them were EXFJ. So these two aspects of a personality are well separate.
I can answer any particular question you might have, however I don't really know how to explain it more on my own, because I don't know what aspects of 2 make you think "ExFJs" immediatly. So don't hesitate to get back to me for more precisions if you Believe it useful !

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Leilamy

Thanks a lot for sharing this. It's now clearer. I might have a few questions though.

2s are known to be self-sacrificing, right. It's generally easier for Fe people to minimize their needs because ''listening to one's feelings/needs'' is perceived as selfish, self-absorbed or weak for them. Without enough Ti to make them aware of their boundaries, they might loose themselves into others. Ti desires independence while Fe desires social and emotional connection. Coupled with 2, they take pride on being able to take care of everyone's needs with almost no willingness to check on their own needs (they might do it, but with guilt/shame). Since you are Fi, I imagine you don't have that problem..?

FJ 2s are also extremely image-oriented, care about that other think of them, wanna appear like the ''best loving or inspiring person'', etc. I believe FPs don't put THAT much emphasis for external approval....or?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tell me how does your enneagram type clash or merge with your mbti type. And how did you figure out you weren't NOT Fe dom (or not fe at all for some of you).

I tend to see 2 as ExFJs instinctively and that's because I don't know how to imagine them otherwise. But I wanna hear your thoughts, feelings and experiences just to help me understand how mbti interacts with enneagram 2. Thanks.
I am an INFP 2w1. I would say that it's hard for me to nail whether my MBTI clashes or merges with my Enneagram because both aspects are part of myself and I just see it all merged as one concept of who I am, which I think is pretty natural for most people.

I knew I wasn't Fe dom because I took the MBTI test got obsessed and was like this is SO ME. And then I learned about the Enneagram and then figured out I was a 2 and was like this is SO ME. I don't think I really paid too much attention to which MBTIs go with which Enneagrams because I am a person who has so much faith that every individual really is so unique so you could pop out and grow to be anyway.

Being a 2 INFP involves a lot more fantasies around love and romance and seducing others into liking me--which can sometimes make me look like a 4. INFPs are highly perceptive into the emotions of others and being a 2 who reads the needs and emotions of others can make my internal reality feel super emotional and sensitive.

I think that I read others' motives really well, but the challenge is not taking it personally. Since I have developed more and more boundaries as well as understanding my own personal values over time, I can finally see into others and very rapidly understand whether someone seems like someone I want to be close to or if they are someone I need to create boundaries with. It's become a superpower now of having stronger conviction and expression than before, which makes me grow to be like a healthy 4.

But in my less healthy state as a 2, I definitely have spent time daydreaming about relationships from potential romantic partners to seeing my own family's brokenness healed and redeemed and able to have connection with them. I think being an INFP has been a huge blessing and advantage in overcoming my issues as a 2 enneagram because of my natural interest in psychology and journaling about my feelings lol has made me really do "self-therapy" for a long time which led me to see an actual therapist and I am much more enlivened and in control of my life than ever before.

Hope this answers you

·
Registered
ISFP 2w1 (9w1 7w6) sp/so
36 Posts
2s are known to be self-sacrificing, right. It's generally easier for Fe people to minimize their needs because ''listening to one's feelings/needs'' is perceived as selfish, self-absorbed or weak for them. Without enough Ti to make them aware of their boundaries, they might loose themselves into others. Ti desires independence while Fe desires social and emotional connection. Coupled with 2, they take pride on being able to take care of everyone's needs with almost no willingness to check on their own needs (they might do it, but with guilt/shame). Since you are Fi, I imagine you don't have that problem..?

FJ 2s are also extremely image-oriented, care about that other think of them, wanna appear like the ''best loving or inspiring person'', etc. I believe FPs don't put THAT much emphasis for external approval....or?
I would say that matter comes up with IVs more than Fe vs Fi. I have an INFJ friend with a 2w1 fix who is actually much better than me at establishing firm boundaries for exemple. Might be because it's not her core, but I don't think that's the only thing at play.

As I'm both Sp and Fi (and I think the Sp 2 descriptions found on the net could use a little work) I'm not sure how much I'll be able to separate the two.

I don't think Fe in general see listening to their own feelings as something selfish if they're not 2 core. I attribute boundaries; and a desire for social & emotionnal connection more to the IVs than Fe & Ti personally.
However yeah I do think Fe 2 take pride in being able of taking care of everyone's need in the way you said.
I discussed Fi 2 and Fe 2 for a typing with a friend a long time ago; and she made a differnce in this kind of manner :
Fe 2 is the mom friend that wants you to know they remember everyone's birthdays and baked cookies and how good they are at taking care of everyone's needs (like you said)
Fi 2 helps you because it aligns with their values and they want you to remember that they are ''such a good person'' for helping you selflessly.

Now of course that's a bit simplified but I think that's an intersting angle.
It does somewhat align with myself; though I do not expect people to look up to me that way.
I want to be kind and helpful, because it's the kind of person I aspire to be. I wish people would consider me this way because the way people think of me reflect my actions (in my opinion), and if people don't think I'm helpful then I'm doing Something wrong in my own mind. And more selfishly, if I have to be remembered as Something I would to be remembered as someone kind and good.
(which is what Heart core is about at least in part to me : how you want to be viewed/for what do you want to be loved)

Indeed, I wouldn't say that I have troubles with taking care of myself as well as taking care of others. I am actually moreso annoyed at my desire for comfort, my boundaries, my laziness that I sometimes see as so many characteristics getting in the way of my 2. However I cannot tell you if it comes down to my Fi or my Sp (as Sp2 is technically contraflow)
So yea, I don't consciously ignore my own needs to take care of others'. I might underestimate them sometimes but not voluntarily. (I'm not that good at introspecting on my negative emotions, Triple Positive Outlook does that to you)

Fi are usually seen as caring less for external approval Indeed, however I think that's kinda negated by the Image Core in such case. Image core necessarily care about how they're viewed in some shape or form; otherwise it wouldn't be their core.
Fi is more easily able to ignore others' opinions on their actions when it comes to enacting their values or beliefs I believe, but that does not apply to every area.
I'll admit that external approval is no more important than my "own" approval. That is, living up to my own standarts (but that's also down to my w1).
However I DO care about it. I'm a sucker for compliments and hearing I've done well. There's just the added difficulty that I must myself feel as I've truly done well to accept & take to heart these compliments.

Does all of this help ? Don't hesitate to ask for more if this raises more questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts