Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a person with 3-7-1 tritype on the forum.
How your Enneagram Tritype affects your personality and behaviour?
What are some of your personality traits? What does Soc/Sx 3-7-1 looks like?
If you know anyone with 3-7-1 tritype, what is your impression of them? :]
Do you know anyone who is an ENFJ with 3-7-1 tritype? Any thoughts?

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
What are some of your personality traits? What does Soc/Sx 3-7-1 looks like?
If you know anyone with 3-7-1 tritype, what is your impression of them? :]
Do you know anyone who is an ENFJ with 3-7-1 tritype? Any thoughts?
I'm an ENFP 7w6>1w9>3w4 Sp/Sx
pleased to meet you :wink:

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Hello. :] Nice to meet you.
How does it feel to be 7-1-3? Do you feel any different from other people?
all in all, I would call 1-3-7 "The Gentleman" (or maybe "The Duchess" for the females lol)
maybe it's my wings (7w6, 1w9 and 3w4 are all the more aristocratic subtypes of 7-1-3) , but I feel like 7-3-1 tends to be a rather upper crust tritype because each of them is attracted to quality and high standards
- 3 aspires to reach for the stars. they want to rise as high as they can so they naturally fit in better among ambitious people
- 1 is a type of high ideals and want everything done the right way. they are process driven and willing to invest heavily in something with solid standards of quality. for instance, I am an opera connoisseur and my 1 fix is constantly critiquing the vocal technique of various singers and little details that make all the difference.
- 7 is the type with the most grandiose imagination and has a taste for the finer things in life such as fine wine, aesthetic beauty and adventurous vacations. the world is your oyster when you're a 7 fixer

additionally, I could easily see them being a highly inspirational type and falling mentor/teacher roles quite easily (especially the 3w2s and 3w2 fixers)

some examples of 137 tritype I can think of are
- Benjamin Franklin: ENTP 7w6>3w2>1w9 Sp/So
- Thomas Jefferson: ENFP 7w6 or 3w4>1w9 Sp/Sx
- Merryl Streep: ENFJ 1w9>7w6>3w4 Sx/Sp
- Che Guevara: E?FP some sort of 7w8/1w2/3w2 tritype Sx/So (not my favorite example, but he fits the bill I believe lol)
- Oprah: ENFJ 3w2>1w2>7w6 So/Sx
- Crispin Freeman: ENFP 3w2 or 7w6>1w9 So/Sx

fictional
- Zorro (The Mask of Zorro) ESFP 7w6>3w4>1w2 Sx/Sp
- Anastasia (Anastasia) ENFJ 3w4>7w6>1w9 So/Sx
- Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) ESFP 7w8>1w2>3w2 So/Sx

also, you might want to ask @Marlowe. she's another 1-3-7 :happy: and possibly @Boss (a 7 fixed 3w4 who might have a 1w2 fix)

PS: I think this piece fits the 1-3-7 tritype nicely

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I'm an ESTJ 1w2 3w4 7w8 sp/sx.

I don't have a habit of comparing myself with others, so I wouldn't know if I stand out. I have no particular inclination to make sure people identify me as a "special snowflake."

As to the enneagram's effect on my behavior...it really depends on what specific area of my life we're talking about. On the overall, though, I think being a 137 makes me an efficient performer with a flair for creativity when it comes to results.

I am incredibly competent at what I do, but I like to take new and creative means to achieve my end results when I work. I have a strong desire to reinterpret rules when I work without ever fully stepping outside them. I excel at doing what I want while making sure I've covered my ass if anyone objects.

My tritype plays out in a variety of ways. Perhaps describing my attitude towards a previous job I held would clarify how all three numbers interact with one another in a fluid fashion.

My previous job was working on a startup company that was struggling to find its feet with a fast-approaching results deadline. When I jumped aboard, my immediate instinct was to figure out what areas had/had not been addressed and organize a plan about how to fulfill those gaps. That's a combination of my ESTJ desire for efficiency and my (1) gut type wanting to reshape the mismanaged company into something manageable (a slight perfection tendency pushed by my passion for efficiency).

I quickly took over as a management leader because I was competent at what I did and able to troubleshoot like a badass. When I learned that some higher-up positions would be available in the company, I decided to make sure I got the best spot in the house. That's my ESTJ, (1), and (3) types working. I desire efficiency (ESTJ) and think if I get to the top, I can control it and reshape the company in ways that I want (1 & 3).

Mind you, I worked 15-18 hours a day, seven days a week on this. And often times (as is what happens with start ups), there is a lot of mundane work to be done. While I can handle mundane work for the most part, I can't stand doing time-wasting tasks that serve no ultimate end purpose. Alas, because my superiors were all efficiency-morons (bright people, just totally incompetent at knowing how to put their employees to best use), a lot of assigned tasks were paper-pushing gigs. So instead of doing it, I put on my management hat (3), delegated it to others who were willing (or thought they would get noticed by higher ups for sucking up and doing it) (ESTJ), and then took off to hang out with friends and enjoy myself (7). Not that I didn't put in my hours, but I certainly didn't waste them on things that had little relevancy to the outcome of the startup (ESTJ & 3).

I was eventually promoted to the spot of my choice. Although the company ultimately failed due to several flaws in the original software program, I deeply enjoyed working with the crew. The unstable enviornment allowed me to exercise my talents in management, leading, and creativity-- which I think perfectly reflects my 137 tritype.

I'm less of a "buck the system" person and more of a "use the system as a guideline of sorts to create what you want" individual. I usually make sure my results are different enough that they can't be replicated without knowing my thought process (that has to be a 3w4 thing).

Of course, this is all discussing my professional life. My personal life plays out very differently.

As an sp one, I place very heavy emphasis upon autonomy. Financially, emotionally, physically, and professionally. It is incredibly important that I am in full control of every aspect of my life. The negative aspects of the one come into play when I fail to act according to that ideal. Depending on others, asking for help, needing external advice-- those things make me feel "less than perfect." I also view them as a failure of character, which is where the three comes into play.

Interestingly enough, however, the seven fix really lightens me up in comparison to a lot of other ones. I am able to forgive myself and forget my "less than perfect" attributes a lot faster than most. I naturally use my seven tendencies as a way to skip over hang ups and get back to enjoying life. Although I definitely have my private cynical moments, I am generally an upbeat, fun person to be around.

Also, being an ESTJ (which means I'm Fi inferior) generally means even if I'm having problems, I don't show them to others. Fi isn't something to be shared, IMO.

On another note, being sx second creates a huge problem for me. I am incredibly sp and desire to be totally autonomous as a result. But being sx means on a very deep level I crave comfort and affection (not in a three-ish self-seeking manner). But my one desire and sp instinct pretty much chalks those feelings up to being worth less than dirt (after all, they are signs of needing others and that = bad).

Of course, you wouldn't know any of this if you met me. :D

(which probably just shows I am good at using the three-mask when it comes to my emotional state)

As to impressions...I have a pretty skewed impression of myself. I'm not really sure which traits I do/do not have. So I choose not to think about it and instead act how I want (definitely a seven thing).

Most of the traits I use to describe my character are words that have been put on me by others. Stubborn, willful, strong, opinionated, talkative, stand-out, impressive, intimidating, fun, off-beat-- I've heard all of them over and over. I usually just agree with others and leave it at that. I couldn't really tell you which I think I am. :/

I definitely lack the ability to see myself for who I truly am. At least, if I stop and try to figure it out. Acting rather than dwelling is much more natural for me, and naturally brings out who I am (whatever that might be).

To address your original question (rather than continue rambling about myself), I would think that a 371 would display a lot of similar competency/creativity characteristics as I have. I think the biggest difference is that they would be more focused on achievement, with a dose of personal guidelines about how to get there. They're probably also more likely to be engaging (all that 3 & 7 tangled into a hot tritype mess) and invested in grabbing and holding the attention of others. At least, that would be my guess.
@Swordsman of Mana Didn't you think I was an eight? ;)

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
@Marlowe
actually, I thought you were a 1 fixed 7 with a strong 8 wing. still do :wink:
Can you be a 173 tritype? I though you could only go clockwise when figuring out tri-type (so if you're a head type, your next type has to be gut, followed by heart-- imagine going around the enneagram circle and it makes sense).

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Can you be a 173 tritype? I though you could only go clockwise when figuring out tri-type (so if you're a head type, your next type has to be gut, followed by heart-- imagine going around the enneagram circle and it makes sense).
what? where did you hear that? but no, if you are, say, a head type, any gut type or heart type could be in your tritype.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
what? where did you hear that? but no, if you are, say, a head type, any gut type or heart type could be in your tritype.
Hahaha. Sometimes I make up arbitrary rules without realizing it. And then can't be sure if I heard it somewhere or just developed the notion in my head without basis. It wasn't so much about which pairings a person could have, just in which order. Like if you were a head type, then your middle type had to be a gut because it's the next set if you go clockwise.

Haaa...sometimes the things I come up with. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well in that case, I'm pretty sure I'm a 173. :p

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Hahaha. Sometimes I make up arbitrary rules without realizing it. And then can't be sure if I heard it somewhere or just developed the notion in my head without basis. It wasn't so much about which pairings a person could have, just in which order. Like if you were a head type, then your middle type had to be a gut because it's the next set if you go clockwise.
Haaa...sometimes the things I come up with. Thanks for clearing that up.
Well in that case, I'm pretty sure I'm a 173. :p
I think that's just ESTJ XD
you're too damn id to be a 1w2 imho :cool:
anyway, sorry for the derail

Reactions: Coburn

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
I am a potential 1w2 fixer as SOM said. Well, my impression of myself is that I am pretty fuckin awesome lol. Double competent (3-1) is a pretty professional/task oriented and ambitious combination. 7s can be visionaries, and I think my 7 fix boosts my 3's optimism, drive and the scope of my "dreams". I routinely overestimate myself, keep my eye on the prize and focus on solutions and what is "good"/ positive as opposed to what could go wrong. This isn't to say that contingency planning isn't my forte. It very well is, but my attention naturally goes more towards the positives of a situation and how to maximize them (3-7). 371 can be very frustration- triad ish and have a very set view of how things should be, and when this "ideal" isn't met (mind you the "ideal" can be very pragmatic here), the 371 trityper (in whatever order) is bound to get immensely resentful or angry. That's certainly very true of me. I want things to be a certain way, and when that requirement isn't met, the frustration can (and does) get expressed as rage.

Another person I know of this tritype is a 7w8-1w2-3w4. He is very politically active (has political aspirations) and is just a hugely ambitious person, overall. He is often typed as 8w7 or an 8w7 fixer, and he is neither. He is a very hard taskmaster, and there is a very notable insensitivity and pushiness to him that's likely what gives the 8w7 impression. He's so/sx btw. He has a very keen understanding of human nature and how people work. It's nearly impossible to bullshit him. He is quite in tune with power dynamics in an inter and intra group sense. He can also be very charming, though the ruggedness is always there. There's a grating edge to him. The 1 fix brings very strong convictions and seems to rein in the more scattered head centre workings of core 7. He is a more focused (comes across as 'belligerence' more often than not LOL) 7 with a strong sense of what his mission is in life, what his goals and visions are, and how to fulfill them.

I know quite a few 137/371/731 tritypers.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. :] All of you.
Funny because I am the only 3w2 7w6 1w2 So/Sx in the thread.
Are there any examples of my tritype, except Oprah? :p

·
Registered
213 Posts
7w6-1w2-3w4 sx/sp ENTP here.
Basically, the double competency holds the 7 in check, resembling a 5.
1 and 3 allow 7 to focus, which is unusual for 7s. They also, along with sx/sp, make me less sociable and more critical than other 7s. I'm also way more realistic than average for a 7, enough that I considered 6.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
I'm 3-1-7, close but no cigar.

Apply the theory of type 3, 1 and 7 and there's your answer.

What are some of your personality traits?
Type 3, type 1, type 7, type So/Sx, type ESTJ, and even alignment Neutral Evil.

What does Soc/Sx 3-7-1 looks like?
It looks like;
type So/Sx
type 3
type 7
type 1

If you know anyone with 3-7-1 tritype, what is your impression of them?
Wow, they also share the same tritype.

Do you know anyone who is an ENFJ with 3-7-1 tritype?
No.

Any thoughts?
No.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts