Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so? how 'bout it? anything you'd have told yourself way back when if you could that would have saved you a lot of wasted time/energy/needless pain/etc. in life? anything you'd want current teenage ISTPs to know that'd save them from the same?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
1.) Don't get into a relationship until you've developed some Fe and some healthy boundaries.

2.) Don't worry about sorting things out...just go experience life for a while and things will fall into place.

3.) Finish college.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Study harder
Come out at a younger age
Care less about what others think
Learn to drive as soon I was able to learn instead of waiting 2 years
Travel more (although, plenty of time for that now)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Very true! Im not sure how you develop Fe. Life experience/relationships, I suppose that's how I developed that side of me. Im still crap at it, just not disastrous!

·
Banned
517 Posts
1. Go talk with her, you might have a chance. If not you'll spend the next 7 years of your life wondering if she actually liked you.

2. Don't buy baggy pants, you won't wear them in the future.

3. Go on, drink, you pussy. A beer or 10 never hurt anyone.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
1) You aren't going to ever be able to make a lot of friends in your life, accept that and value the few you already have.

2) Yes, you will lose that puppy fat. It will solve approximately none of your problems.

3) Don't feel guity for not wanting a relationship and turning the few that ask you down; there will come a time in your life where everything will just perfectly snap together in place with someone, then you will be ready.

Reactions: Seralya

·
Registered
236 Posts
Care less what people think of you, that includes your family. Your different for a reason, and if you play your cards right, it will work in your favor.

Take more chances with women, yeah they think your wierd but they also think your cute too.

I really only have two...lol all my regrets in life stem from these 2 things. Lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
1. Turn your homework in...holy fuck, you already did it, is it so hard to get credit for it?
2. She's hot and she likes you, ask her out, take Friday off and don't tell mom and dad...you do that sometimes to go drinking anyway.
3. Don't let wassisface give you crap just because he's small, that makes the other ones think they can give you crap too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
-Be more self-aware, it'll save you from a lot of crap that you're given.

-There will be a girl that you will meet in high school that will be a manipulative bitch with a massive superiority complex, punch her in the throat and never so much as look at her again. If you don't so this, she will steal hundreds of dollars worth of clothes and books from you and you'll kick yourself for letting her get away with it.

-That girl that you called your "cousin" back in middle school because you guys were so close? Drop her like a rock. Nothing good ever came out of that friendship.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
- Be slow to anger. Most things that anger you are only a few seconds long.

- You should have punched your aunt when you had the chance.

- You're going to deal with physical and mental pain but it is small in comparison with the friendship you'll make.

·
Banned
517 Posts
Extras:

Aim for the nose next time, his bracers are too strong.

Concentrate in German class.

Knock before you enter. No, that image will never go away.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Reactions: MXZCCT

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
1.) Trust yourself. It would have been so much easier if you learned this so much sooner.

2.) There is nothing wrong with you. Why didn't you fucking realize it sooner. Come to terms with your mistakes/embarrassments and move on. There is nothing you can do to change your past.

3.) As time passes you will learn to get your head screwed on right. But, first, you had to unscrew it to correct it.

4.) Keep moving, and don't look back. It only slows you down.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I'm not sure if I'd have had the motivation to study harder and with a goal in mind when I was 12-13 even if I went back in time and told myself to do so. But the following quote from Hagakure would have helped me, if I understood it earlier:

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything."

1 - 20 of 36 Posts