Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite straightforward, really. Anyone who's around the 30 mark or over, could you please give younger INFPs some advice?

Some example notions might be:

• What do you wish you knew back then?
  • What do you wish you'd done differently?
  • What would you have liked someone to say to you in your 20s?

I encourage you to contribute. We all know INFPs need good advice.
I wish I had known on more than an intellectual or outraged level that we all face the same demons at some point or another, and that no matter how we look on the outside: Good looks, great job, laughing, whatever... we share basic fears, desires, flaws.

When I was in my 20s I wish someone, more than one someone, would have been less impressed with what I had accomplished, and courageous enough to say, with compassion, Let it go; you cannot achieve everything, and even if you could, you'd still be unhappy... then have them go on to tell me, "Get up off yourself; no one else is pinning you down."

I wish someone would have said, and then shown me--as I once showed a teenager--how to meditate without the ritual and rhetoric and oh-la-la sounding words.

It might not stick at first; you might resist it, but just 10 minutes in the morning either right out of bed or only after waking up just enough, sit your butt on a cushion or chair and breathe... watch your breath... don't get sucked into thinking:

Just 10 minutes, stop the discursive thinking; it'll still be waiting, but for 10 minutes, settle; settle down, Babe. It'll add up over time...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts