Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just realized that, sometimes, I'm actually very aware of what people think of me, it's just that I deliberately give an image that will make people dislike/be offended by me. maybe I'm trying to give off the image of the bad ass 8 who doesn't give a shit, but I view people disliking me as a sign that I'm doing something significant and worthy of real attention, rather than the false "'atta boys" most 3s go after. when I get one of these, it makes me feel like a loser and think something akin to "really? you think I'm so insecure and incompetent that I actually need you to encourage me? LOL puh-lease!"

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yes!!! Sometimes when there is someone who is really annoying me, I express an opinion I know will offend them and then they walk away.

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
sp 3s are said to have the image of having no image. so more likely to being comfortable with dislike. i don't consciously project an image crafted to attract hate/dislike. tbh, i don't have to fuckin try. :laughing: i am very comfortable with it and have grown to expect it.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I did that in highschool. I went through a real alternative/punk phase. When I say I didn't give a fuck, I mean I really did not give a fuck about anything. I rolled into class drunk or high, with a ripped T shirt, combat boots, and a spiked bracelet made with real nails. I knew I stuck out, and I kind of flaunted it and pushed people's buttons. If they liked me, great, if they didn't like me, even better because I could fuck with them more!

After a while, once people knew what I was all about, they started to respect me more because I didn't care what people thought of me. It was interesting.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sp 3s are said to have the image of having no image. so more likely to being comfortable with dislike. i don't consciously project an image crafted to attract hate/dislike. tbh, i don't have to fuckin try. :laughing: i am very comfortable with it and have grown to expect it.
in general, from my observations
Sp 3s: want a respectable image, but pretty much want to be left alone to focus on their goals
So 3s: want admiration and fame. want to be admired and usually want to be liked
Sx 3s: want attention. they want to be bold, glamorous, striking and to disrupt the energy of the room and focus it toward themselves

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Sometimes. I can think of two instances when it's happened...

1. When I want to push people away.
2. When I want other people to draw closer together... make 'em a team. I play undercover friend-maker sometimes.

·
Faceless
7,169 Posts
Hmmmmm, do I put on an image that people won't like? I think it's more like, since you don't like me being myself, I'll keep doing it mostly because I prefer doing so and partly because it's funny to watch you get pissed off. :wink:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I definitely do this occasionally. If I'm trying to project an image that others won't like, it's usually that of a braggart or something along the lines of that. If I can see that I'm not going to get along with someone - or that I don't want to - then I'm at least going to do my very best to make them acknowledge my achievements!

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Oh yeah. A lot of the time, I assume that people won't like my true self or even my preferred image, so I try to put off an act of not caring about anyone to push them away. This is because it's a lot less painful if they dislike my image than something that I connect myself to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts