Personality Cafe banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Just say it .. you're all dying to pic scam this forum with your mugs ;)
Yes.

Everyone should be able to see my face. My face alone makes everyone's day brighter. Look at my face in my avatar. Your life will change forever! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
More hyperbole than anything :). There are actually pictures of me on this site.
If there was such a thread in the 3 forum, I would participate. I wouldn't start it though, see?
Argh .. I was just gonna start it :p

On second thought ... dunno how many would actually participate.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Yeah ... I've noticed many 3's have a habit of exaggeration ... even I do. I think passion and 3's really go together .. even though a 3 may 'just' be a trash collector ... in his/her mind *if* he/she likes what he/she is doing, they're job is desribed as something like

- Giving back to the community through environment pollution control via waste disposal management
- Introduced new systems of waste disposal by mapping out most efficient route to disposal units which improved overall efficency of the company
- Through contributions to the company's waste disposal systems, the organization met Safety and Health standards 3 years running

And that's what it really is ... isn't it?
ROFLMAO!:laughing::shocked::laughing:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
- Adding and communicating with bosses on FB and wishing them on special occasions
- Driving to their house with a small birthday gift
- Taking on extra work like volunteering for additional projects
- Inviting them out to expensive lunches
- Visit their office every morning just to say "Hi" and make up stuff to talk about along the way.
- Be ever-present when the boss is around
- Look busy do nothing
- Exaggerate in verbal / written progress reports to make it sound like you had to go an extra mile
*vomits*

That's terrible. I won't do such things.

A former colleague told me that after I got resign from my previous job, a lot of colleagues like to talk about "the good old days when WickedQueen was here". He said they told him that when I was there, everything are easier and more efficient, because I took care of everything and make sure the jobs were done on time and delivered as it should be.

Another former colleague told me that my (former) boss told her: "If I can have WickedQueen and *mentioned another former colleague* by my side again, I wouldn't need anyone else to do the business."

I focus on my job and how to help others to make sure our project succeed. I don't do things mentioned above in the OP. I received those appreciation without me having to suck anyone. If you're being professional and competent, you will eventually get what you deserve.

Reactions: Nymma

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Ok .. let's change the word from "sucking up" to doing small things for success like [answer with a yes or no if you like]:

- Adding and communicating with bosses on FB and wishing them on special occasions
No, I don't use my FB for anything but stalking, I'm not making an exception for bosses.

- Driving to their house with a small birthday gift
I'd rather give them the gift privately at work if possible, but driving is okay depending on how out-of-the-way their house is.

- Taking on extra work like volunteering for additional projects
Yes.

- Inviting them out to expensive lunches
Whew, no.

- Visit their office every morning just to say "Hi" and make up stuff to talk about along the way.
I do greet them more than I should, but I don't bother much with the small talk unless they initiate it.

- Be ever-present when the boss is around
No, I think this just gives me more opportunity to fuck up around them. Also, I'm not even offering anything but my presence which would probably just get annoying after a while.

- Look busy do nothing
Yeah, I don't see this as sucking up though. Just pretending to do the job that I should be doing but am too lazy to do at the moment.

- Exaggerate in verbal / written progress reports to make it sound like you had to go an extra mile
Yes.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts