Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I don't know if I'm a dominant 3w4 (still trying to determine that), but I do identify as 3w4 to some extent.

Other 3w4s do not threaten me, no. I actually kind of hate having to compete with other 3w4s because it's never-ending.

So I just give up before I start and pick my battles elsewhere.

Maybe that's why I don't identify as a dominant 3w4. . . I would think a dominant 3w4 would love the competition.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Threatened? No. Jealous, maybe (if they have achieved more than I have). But not threatened.

·
Registered
ENTP, 387
3,318 Posts
I'm with @FakeLefty and @Lesuhlee I don't feel threatened, but can feel jealous if they have achieved more than me, or have excelled at something I haven't. And that jealousy can most definitely be used to fuel my fire.

On the other hand I haven't surrounded myself with that many 3's in general. I've usually only met them in Uni or work environment. My current job was a necessary solution cause I needed a job that wouldn't make me wanna stab an eye out. Most people in my profession are low achievers and the two 3's I can think of, I don't feel threatened by them at all.

·
Registered
ENTP, 387
3,318 Posts
Lol wanted to edit in that I'm don't feel threatened by those two 3s cause I'm obviously more awesome.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Lol wanted to edit in that I'm don't feel threatened by those two 3s cause I'm obviously more awesome.
First define 'awesome', then quantify.

Then establish benchmarks and measures for success. Then we'll compare notes, duke it out and determine winner.

·
Registered
ENTP, 387
3,318 Posts
First define 'awesome', then quantify.

Then establish benchmarks and measures for success. Then we'll compare notes, duke it out and determine winner.
Yes! Let's have a good old "battle of achievements." *claps hands*

So at work this is basically what I'm thinking, I'm more awesome cause: I'm more competent then many of my coworkers, have more knowledge on topics relating to the work we do and more variation in my experience with in our "field" (right now I work with adults who have autism. I miss working with kids who have autism. Where there is a constant drive to move forward.)

The reason this job is driving me up a wall though is that I have no responsibility, which has its perks, but it's boring and my less competent co workers who do have responsibilities, well it's one co worker in particular whom I have to deal with often, refuse to listen to reason and refuse to take advice or accept ideas that is coming from others then himself.

Not only my ideas and advice, but other competent people as well. This reminds me that I need to find a new job.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Yes! Let's have a good old "battle of achievements." *claps hands*

So at work this is basically what I'm thinking, I'm more awesome cause: I'm more competent then many of my coworkers, have more knowledge on topics relating to the work we do and more variation in my experience with in our "field" (right now I work with adults who have autism. I miss working with kids who have autism. Where there is a constant drive to move forward.)

The reason this job is driving me up a wall though is that I have no responsibility, which has its perks, but it's boring and my less competent co workers who do have responsibilities, well it's one co worker in particular whom I have to deal with often, refuse to listen to reason and refuse to take advice or accept ideas that is coming from others then himself.

Not only my ideas and advice, but other competent people as well. This reminds me that I need to find a new job.
-I own the company I work for;
-My company is the first in my state in this industry;
-first woman in my state to own a business in this industry;

...all before my 25th birthday.

I'm 29 now; company in our 6th year.

·
Registered
ENTP, 387
3,318 Posts

Wow! That is pretty impressive! Good for you!

I can't compete with that. Like honestly!

I always wanted to be a researcher and a professor (like down the line). So I started uni with this is mind. This lead to a long road where I got two BAs, an MA while working part time (and then full time during my MA). with kids who have autism. Then my dad committed suicide while I was half way through my Ma this lead to a long road of tons of depression, existential anxiety and me losing all ambition. My original plan was to work as a researcher get into a PhD program and then be a scholar on some small field where I'd plan to excel and be the best. (Cause why else be there?) This seemed pretty pointless when dad died though. So I decided to just finish my MA and continue in the job I had before finding a new job based on my Ma.

My problem being that the jobs I can get with that MA are all boring. So now I work as a temp with what I do best: people who have autism.

Now I'm back on track again and FINALLY have some ambition and some goals.

I don't know if you know what it's like to be a 3 with no goals, but it's a nightmare.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I don't know if you know what it's like to be a 3 with no goals, but it's a nightmare.
That, or a 3 with a self- imposed crisis of 'I did it; now what? I'm still gravely dissatisfied' variety.

I'll private message you; I think we can relate. Different experiences; similar psychological results.

To the OP: do 3s get jealous? Perhaps.

Or, they compare, evaluate the threat, then inspire. Case in point.

Reactions: Polexia

·
Registered
6,264 Posts

Wow.

I'm still trudging through trying to get a B.S in Mechanical Engineering. Grades aren't good but I'm still trudging forward, driven by the mentality that failure isn't an option. Do I know the endpoint to all this? NOPE. All I know is that failure isn't an option.

Reactions: Lesuhlee

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
no jealousy, I admire other 3w4s that show themselves to be competent and when in competition with them I find it motivating in a positive way. I kinda see it as competing against myself which is my favorite

Reactions: Polexia
1 - 13 of 13 Posts