Personality Cafe banner

4 types of extroverts

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FearAndTrembling 
#1 ·
So... with the idea in mind that extroversion doesn't necessarily mean other people are the only source of stimulus. I thought I might as well experiment with seeing which sort of external factor might be the ... core of the stimulation. I might be totally off with certain things. Feel free to correct and readjust. But roughly speaking, I would think :

Se : extroversion comes from the focus of participating and experiencing activities. Stimulation most likely will come from many different external, busy areas (could include sports, maybe being in a city, lively party, etc). When looking for energy, they might look towards the external world for not necessarily people but more the aspect of experience and doing (with or without others).

Ne : extroversion comes from the focus on novelty and connection, influenced by external changes. Might extrovert selves through means of creation, linking together external things, etc. When looking for energy, they might look towards external happenings (either communication, events around them, etc) as a means of generating possibilities and then extroverting the self to test these other (whether with others as a means of getting feedback of idea, or simply by constructing)

Fe : Might be more people and communication oriented than the other extroverted traits. Extroversion comes from the focus of connection with others and groups. Might come off as the most tell-tale extroverts from the way they express themselves and etc. When looking for energy, they might look towards other individuals and events involving others (social gatherings, possibly in situations of conflict which needs to be resolved etc) and the connection formed through this might stimulate them most.

Te : leaving blank since can't describe as well as I'd like.

See less See more
#3 ·
Se has to challenge the environment somehow. Fight it. Wrestle with it. Usually concretely, like sports and adventure. Business. It needs to fight. It needs something to poke. Ne is similar, but in a more abstract way. Particularly with ENTP. It stretches an idea, turns it over from every angle, deforms it. Often finds a ridiculousness in it.

Reactions: Recede
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.