Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Sensitive Fi: emotional, vulnerable, feels overwhelmed by tangible reality, generally extremely innocent and naive
Examples: The Ugly Duckling, Edward Scissorhands, Quasimodo

2) Narcissistic Fi: preoccupation with one's own feelings and preferences, often to the exclusion of others. unless the first variety, people exhibiting this flavor of Fi tend to be extremely confident and have a high opinion of themselves. they may either be coldly elitist or more drama queen-ish
Examples: Viserys Targaryen (Game of Thrones), Cruella de Vil, Narcissus, Anne Frank, Thranduil (The Hobbit)

3) Idealistic Fi: Yin/Harmony. the most socially minded Fi. this type of Fi also tends to be intellectual, wanting a world where everyone can get along.
Examples: Hiccup (How to Train Your Dragon), Rurouni Kenshin, Michael Moore, hippie culture

4) Idealistic Fi: Yang/Justice. unlike their Yin brethren, this brand of Fi is extremely visceral, full of anger and a belief that only they can make justice happen and bring swift retribution to those who would stand in their way
Examples: Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones), John Brown, Joan of Arc

PS: note that not all of these are ENFPs

·
Registered
15,895 Posts
Guess I'm a mixture of 2 and 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Just curious -- did you write/think this up yourself or did you learn it from an article of some kind? I find it very interesting.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
These types of Fi seem right to me, but mostly as fictional characters. It sounds like the security addict (1), narcissist villain (2), hero (3) and idealist villain (4).

To describe real persons I wouldn't like to rely on this, but I must say you've done some good homework.

Reactions: RangerJoe

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think I'm a mixture of 1 and 3, although 2 and 4 sound a bit like me too... :dry:

Reactions: AdroElectro

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These types of Fi seem right to me, but mostly as fictional characters. It sounds like the security addict (1), narcissist villain (2), hero (3) and idealist villain (4).
To describe real persons I wouldn't like to rely on this, but I must say you've done some good homework.
subtype 4 can also be a heroic character, more so than 3 imo, which is often a wimpier personality without suffient zeal or charisma

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
What theory is this? And I seem to be in all of them, but at different times.

·
Registered
399 Posts
A lot of narcissistic people have extremely low self-esteem and draw attention to themselves believing others judge them just for who they are, then they will be rejected.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,796 Posts
I have all four, but the fourth is the strongest.

·
Registered
4w5
1,535 Posts
I'm all of them, but it depends on my mood. I relate a lot to Edward Scissorhands, Anne Frank and Daenerys Targaryen. I also find myself wanting to understand and get to know evil villains who are sad and selfish. I don't know which type of Fi that is the most dominant in me. I think I am the least 3 though. I think you captured the different types of Fi quite well.

·
Registered
ESTp-SLE, ESTP, 7w8?
1,367 Posts
I'm 2, but my 4 side is becoming more developed as the days go on.

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
I'd say 1 definitely fits me the most, although I can see how 3 could fit when I'm at my most optimistic.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah, I think I'm 3, the hippy Fi, haha

Reactions: mushr00m

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Four types of NFP :kitteh:

Mystic : NF > PJ > ST
The least objective. Frequent use of NE, NI, FE, FI.
You look like an NFJ in their good day.

Philosopher : NP > FT > SJ
The least concrete. Frequent use of NE, FI, TI.
You look like an NTP with a heart.

Tomboy : FP > NS > TJ
The least abstract. Frequent use of NE, SE, FI.
You look like an SFP with a brain.

Weakling : P > NF > ST > J
The least aggressive. Frequent use of NE, SE, FI, TI.
You look like a weakling.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,667 Posts
According to these, 3 and 4 sound right. I wouldn't fess up to 1 even though it exists also. 2 when insecure.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Philosopher.

Reactions: TheQuirkyArtiste

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
My sister is definitely number 2. Every word that comes out of her mouth is either 1. A compliment towards herself, or 2. An insult to everyone else.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts