Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt in the first place?

Well generally I think its worse to fail. You put all this effort into something and get so stressed over it just to find that it was a big friggin' waste of time and energy. I hate that.

2. skip

3.To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?

Well you make a lot of your own decisions in life. In a way I believe in fate, and in a way I don't. Because you make a lot of your own choices and have some control. Yet at the same time the choices you've made will always have been the exact choices you've made in retrospect, and they always will have been the choices that felt right to you, or logically made sense to you, or you just kinda went with on an impulse. That said, I still think there's always gonna be a whole lot you simply have no choice in.

4. skip

5. skip

6. skip

7. skip

8. What is true happiness?

True happiness is 2 words: "true" and "happiness". That's it. Happiness is obviously defined as an emotional state, but exactly what emotional state? Emotions are such free floating, strange, everchanging, often very vague and undefinable things. Putting labels on it like happiness, sadness, love, etc. will never completely do them justice.

9. What things hold you back from doing the things you really want to?

I don't honestly wanna do more than what is possible for me to do.

10. skip

11. skip

12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?

Yes they are okay. I'm an honest person 99.7% of the time, but sometimes you have to lie to protect yourself or others. Duh. Everyone does it sometimes.

13. How do you know your perceptions are real?

You don't know. There's things called delusions and hallucinations. But even besides that: if you perceive something you read or something someone tells you as "real", well then you have to ask yourself where that "info" came from. So you'll do further research and find more "info" that will either negate or confirm the other "info". Then you have to ask where that "info" came from. And on and on. See where this is going? We're all just really kinda winging it with our perceptions.

14. skip

15. skip

16. Who decides what morality is?

Well certainly not some "guy" in the sky watching over us. Its completely open to interpretation. But that doesn't mean someone has no moral compass if they don't listen to the "guy" in the sky because that person is still capable of having strong virtues like justice, compassion, etc. that they use to guide their own morals. But morality is simply a human construct. Maybe even a "less than" human construct. Look at the way other animals will get protective of other beings or show compassion sometimes. They have morals, and they're not even aware of it.

17. skip

18. skip

19. skip

20. skip

21. skip

22. skip

23. skip

24. skip

25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?

I suppose its possible, but not likely. There's actually a certain income bracket that tends to be the "happiest". I just know its not the 1%, and its not the people that desperately struggle to get by. With no money you can not only not do leisure things to have fun, but you also often can't get your basic needs met. Or you'll be working your ass off at 3 jobs and just barely get by. Most people can't enjoy life like that, unless they love working 24/7 or whatever.

26. skip

27. skip

28. What is freedom?

I'm skipping a lot of these "What is blank ?" questions because my answers to them are all gonna basically look the same.

29. skip

30. skip

31. skip

32. skip

33. skip

34. skip

35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?

I make my own decisions whenever possible. Even though I don't have complete faith in myself, I have even less faith in others, especially when it comes to decisions that I should be making for myself. Sometimes I'm not sure about something and I'll ask for advice. I'll then consider what people have to say. But ultimately it comes down to what I think in the end.

36. skip

37. skip

38. skip

39. skip

40. Do aliens exist?

Of course they do. This solar system is just a "microscopic" part of the galaxy. This galaxy is just a "microscopic" part of the known universe. The known universe is thought by scientists to be less than 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of the whole universe. Genetic materials like RNA and DNA are likely sprinkled across the whole universe just like any other chemical. But I don't believe in those little green people that people have "seen". I think those are just "waking up" or "falling asleep" dreams. People have those kinds of dreams sometimes. Basically, your eyes will be open, but you'll be paralyzed and you'll see extremely vivid things that you'd swear are real. People have had the "alien sightings". So naturally when other people heard and saw pictures of what those people saw, sometimes they'd have their own dream of the same thing, and it just spread like wildfire. But I also think that if aliens visited Earth they'd look nothing like us because obviously they evolved on a completely different planet. Those green people look too much like us. I'm sure its possible that there's aliens somewhere that look like us. But I think the likelihood of the aliens that just happen to visit Earth just happening to look like us is extremely unlikely. And you know, some aliens might be like lifeforms such as plants or bacteria. I believe plants and bacteria are also just as much Earthlings as us, and I believe all non-animal lifeforms on this planet are just as much creatures as the animals. Whew! I guess this was my longest answer. Save the best, or at least longest for last, right?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts