Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did 40q, maybe better than 80q, anyone got opinions on SLE vs LSI? No other type is really an option. If you do have some twisted reasoning for another type, post it for fun anyway. o_O

Thanks.

:perc2:

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?

Work = activity that brings a result, a profit, e.g. money

Why: the usual reasons, money, workaholism, etc

Parameters: do I have the necessary skills, any required qualifications, or if experience/qualification is not required, am I allowed to learn as I go, allowed enough time etc.

2. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?

I determine it compared to the set standards. Those can be official standards or my own expectations.

As for the quality of a purchase, yes I do pay attention, it depends on the objective, what I wanted to achieve with the purchase. Sometimes the cheapest crap will do, sometimes it needs to have a lot of functionality. It really depends on what I need to do with it, what my priorities are.

3. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?

This is probably a new task or entire area of expertise new to me so with practice I have confidence that I will develop a great understanding and also get very fast and precise at the job.

4. If you struggle to do something, what can you say about such a task? Tell us your next steps and give examples. Compare with actions of others in a similar situation.

Growing impatience and low frustration tolerance if something gets in my way -> my temper will show ;)

Other than perhaps throwing a little tantrum, I'll just keep working and get past the obstacles and figure out the thing. I can be pretty patient in building my understanding to figure things out.

Other people can be less persistent, less thorough or patient. Otoh they may not throw the temper tantrum either :p

5. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

Lol what.

OK, if I had to do a task like that, I would require money and resources, organize the task, people.. blah blah it's complex clearly.

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean? Give examples.

The former: you have a general idea and apply it to specific cases to get the conclusion. The latter means you observe specific situations and make up a general conclusion etc from it.

2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view? Is it is easy for you to be logical?

Logical = the way our brains calculate a lot about the world. It's an unemotional detached and objective way of thinking.

It's basically a way of breaking down a content or part of a content into certain structural parts and then seeing all the stuff together along certain logical principles, altogether making a structure out of the content, preferably with as much precision as possible or at least as necessary. The structure that's correctly abstracted away from the content will give you the feeling that everything just neatly matches up, i.e. everything is consistent and that feels good in a logical sense.

Yes some of my view as explained here correlates with the common view but I could elaborate so much more on it.

Yes easy for me to be logical.

3. What is hierarchy? Give examples of hierarchies. Do you need to follow it? Why or why not? Give example of hierarchy of systems, what is it?

A hierarchy is a complex system of order, with objects or categories organized on several levels according to a structure, ranking objects inside.

Examples: social classes; at the workplace; For hierarchy of a system: maslow pyramid; systems I make up myself :)

Yes I follow it if required or if it helps me if I follow it as it can allow for an easier way of manipulation of people/objects.

4. Choose one of the following tasks and give a detailed answer. Explain your choice.
- How notions of “flatware” and “spoon” relate to each other?

If you mean flatware in terms of eating utensils then spoon is a subcategory of that. I answered because this required only a one-sentence answer anyway

- If A is not B, and B is not C, therefore A is C. Is it correct? Why?

That's not correct; the conclusion is only true under certain circumstances, it doesn't follow from anything stated here. Specifically, from A, B doesn't follow, and from B, C doesn't follow and we have learned nothing about if C follows from A because no relationship between A and C got established in any way. I could also interpret A, B and C as sets and show the same reasoning.

I chose this task because it wasn't about boring everyday things.

- What is classification? How does classification work? What is it needed for and where is it applied? Give example.

You know what, I'm going to answer this one too. Classification is when you take things and order them into categories based on some criteria. Shared traits or some other criteria can also work. For practical purposes this works great, it's much easier to handle certain things in this systematic way. Like, I can find something faster or I will remember data a lot better if it's categorized first. On a theoretical level I could nitpick a lot at certain categories, especially depending on how good the framework is that it's done within. :p I have strong opinions on imprecise categories. :p

- "The vegetable is not what is here shown. For a vegetable existed ten thousand years ago, therefore this here is not a vegetable" (Diogenes Laertius). Find logical fallacy.

This, I'm going to answer too because I got annoyed by the nonsense. :p This just sounds like random nonsense, considering what the word "vegetable" means, because clearly vegetables do exist today, or if you meant a certain piece of vegetable that's just so special that it no longer exists then name it properly if you want to refer to it in some way. Also, it doesn't state very well how from the idea that "a vegetable" existed ten thousand years ago it would follow that it no longer exists. It doesn't specify that "a vegetable" only existed ten thousand years ago and only then.

5. Do you frequently feel the need to structure information? For what purpose? How do people usually do it? How do you do it?

Yes, for tasks, projects, for building my understanding on things, also to achieve certain goals. Why, it's just natural to use some organization for those and structure is needed to understand things. I may also structure study material or other data to learn it as quickly as possible if there's time pressure.

For tasks/goals, I just think up a structure that makes sense and I will follow it, often this happens on the move, going from just from some main points in a high level outline to more refined structure if refinement is needed. I get pretty inflexible with these things but sometimes I figure out another structure that seems better. I don't know how others do it exactly but I'm pretty sure not everyone is as inflexible with this stuff as me.

1. Can you press people? What methods do you use? If so, how does it happen?

Yes. I can use different methods; applying direct pressure, optionally supporting it by logical arguments, entering negotiation if necessary. If the person is my equal in the situation, I usually try to be more flexible but if I meet unreasonable resistance I become inflexible. If they're my inferior then on the whole it is a simpler process obviously.

The only thing I'm not really good at is refined emotional manipulation, I use only an unrefined version when I put pressure on people by using threats, being vindictive or just plainly expressing anger.

2. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified? Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?

Yes, depending on situation there are immediate strategies or you can plan it and make it play out over time. I don't think ahead too much though, just sometimes a little, it's more based on the immediate situation. I'm usually pretty direct is how I can sum it up. Justification: I respond to someone else's attack or I need to get something out of the situation.

As for occupying physical territory, I often just feel it in the situation if it's ok or not. In terms of balance of forces on the different sides and also if it's OK in a social sense. Otherwise, I'm very territorially oriented but I can respect physical space of others in general.. well except when I don't lol.

3. How do you protect yourself and your interests?

I just do. Well, I often keep private about my motivations in certain situations; I either do this to keep my advantage or because I don't want to risk becoming vulnerable. As for physical protection of myself, I go by instincts, they work well. As for protecting interests in terms of material interests, protecting them usually is done through a direct and active response by me. Sometimes it's more indirect, otoh it's sometimes explicitly aggressive including physical aggression, it obviously depends on the situation. Also see above what I said about pressing people.

4. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?

Refer to previous question, yes force may have to be used.

5. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?

Hell yes mentally; and physically too considering my size.

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?

Beauty is what's aesthetic. I don't change my opinion on my own; yes it correlates with the general notion.

Also, logic can be very beautiful to me. That part of my definition may not correlate with the general idea lol

2. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classic beauty"? If so, what is it?

There is some objective standards for it, yes but some of what's attractive to people can be subjective. Not everyone likes the same thing.

3. How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?

Comfort results in a physical and relaxed feeling. Coziness is a more extreme form of that.

I create my own comfort easily but I prefer to keep things simple and straightforward. You know KISS principle = Keep it simple stupid. I'm insensitive to many kinds of discomfort but I quickly and easily resolve real issues while minimizing attention and time spent on it.

I've never discussed these skills of mine with others, I haven't been either criticized or praised about it.

4. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?

I have some styles I prefer in dressing and when I go out to buy clothes I usually know what I'm looking for and I only search for that then; I like a good strong sensory impression and I use some principles too in deciding, like, does it look good on me, can I match this with other items of mine etc. Yes I follow fashion :) Why, because I like it :) I do prefer to have a bit of my own style though while still staying fashionable; I like to pick clothes that are not trivial and not found in a random basic shop. Yes I have the basic understanding of how to pick clothes for different body types.

5. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
I did it myself for my own place. I didn't have any plan beforehand, I went around, looked at a lot of options, spending a lot of time with that, building sensory templates automatically and just put it all together at the end, things just clicked after seeing enough things. I could've asked a professional designer but I didn't feel the need. Maybe next time I'll try that too and compare opinions :)

1. Is it acceptable to express emotions in public? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.

Yes acceptable but it can be inappropriate if you are expressing an emotion that's considered to be out of place in the certain situation or as a general social norm.

2. Think of such negative emotional states as sadness, gloom, and despondence.
- Can you, at your own will, enter these states? If not, then when do you feel them?

No not at my own will but I used to have one method that sometimes worked but even the reliability of that method depended on my current state (some mind state or something) to be able to use the method to then actually enter these emotional states. It no longer seems to work.

- How long can you stay in such states?

Not long on my own.

- How can you withdraw from them?

It ends quickly.

- Can they be pleasant, soothing?

Pleasant per se? No, but "comforting" in a strange way

- How do you feel after you have experienced them?

Same neutral way as before

3. How quickly can you change emotional state? To what side – positive or negative?

Quickly, to whichever side, either works, but not really at my own will

4. What emotional state is usual for you? Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?

Usual is an unemotional state. :p

Yes and no, I can smile a lot while staying pretty dispassionate. And I can try and hide some kinds of moodiness or emotionality, I continue looking dispassionate. With strong negative emotions, I don't have good control over preventing their expression and I actually don't mind that, better if they are out of my system.

5. Tell us about your moods over the last day.

Default: neutral/very calm; easily excited in a shallow way for short bursts; very easily frustrated/irritated/annoyed and angry -> I release these quickly by immediate expression; also at times for short times I have some kinds of undetermined vague moods and some of it I don't even want to put into words, images and symbols work better for that.

1. Tell us how did you build relationships with others over the last day.

I analyse the communication with people to understand them better and improve the communication which in my opinion is needed for working relationships. I have no other approach to this topic.

2. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to? How do you express it?

Sympathy in my view is when you are being helpful, you support or comfort someone in some way but you don't actually feel the feelings of the other person. I get involved when someone needs practical help or when I think someone's being treated unfairly and I get angry about it and try to support the person. When I'm not angry, the best sympathy related expression I can give is some sort of a smile and a few simple words ("I'm sorry to hear that"). Then I move on to offering practical help.

Don't know when it's not advised to express it other than if it gets in my own way

3. Are there any standards of behavior or interpersonal relationships in the society? If so, do you adhere to them? Do people always have to maintain them? Why?

Yes there are lots of such standards and a lot of it's a pain in the ass TBH. No I don't always follow them, even though I do force it on myself in many situations. In formal situations it's easy to do this but otherwise I can forget to pay attention to some of these and if I try to pay attention to them, it's very tiring for me. Some other aspects I more easily pay consistent attention to but it's still conflicting with my default way of going about things.

Nope people don't always have to follow such norms. Some really basic social norms are important sure but that's all. The rest seems too subjective to me and seems like it's just the preferences of certain people and no more than that and honestly, why should that get in the way then.

4. What does moral mean? What is immoral? How do you understand these terms and does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?

Moral = supposedly some kinds of ideas on right and wrong. Immoral is violation of these so-called ethical principles. These ideas are rather subjective and seem to be based in feelings for many people.

No my understanding of them does not correlate with some other people's. Some people get upset over things that I cannot see anything bad about. Also, the common moral dilemmas to me are often not dilemmas at all, it's simple to solve them using an objective method. Apparently this objective method violates moral ideas but that sort of moral "reasoning" makes no sense to me. Overall, having too much of a conscious concern over so-called moral behaviour - that goes beyond the absolute basics - to me just seems like a lot of unnecessary burden but some people seem to live in this sort of stuff naturally.

As for evaluating the correctness of my own understanding of morals, beyond knowing about the basics of social behaviour, I look for what makes sense in a situation, that means objective evaluation. That works fine, I am confident in my own objective evaluation and the rest I prefer to ignore because it either just makes no sense or worse, it is confusing in the sense of me not being able to have consistent feelings about it. I am consistent in my logical principles however.

5. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you feel ill-disposed towards somebody for a long time? How easily do you forgive people?

I quickly dismiss their attitude towards me if I can easily explain logically how they are wrong. I mostly get upset/angry over it when I can't make sense of whether they really have a negative attitude towards me. I will explicitly require a logical explanation from them for their behaviour/words. If it's an obvious situation, I will express my thoughts very bluntly especially if they are not giving the logical explanation I asked for.

I don't have much of a negative attude towards other people unless I get angry over something. With that, I usually do stay strictly logical and restrain myself to a degree; sometimes I can start a personal attack, giving really negative criticism, get violent etc but I do have to get really riled up for that first or have to just simply let go of restraint for whatever other reason, e.g. if I think they behaved in an unfair enough way and so they deserve it.

I don't feel ill-disposed for long at all; I can set myself against someone long term only based on unemotional logical principles when I decide that they deserved it but I don't feel a thing actually. I don't do any explicit act of forgiving on any conscious level, I just hold no resentment if the issue truly got solved and/or I'm no longer feeling angry.

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?

Meaning for me is subjective. So it's not the same as for most people, I hope. :p

For me it's in the following things: material and certain spiritual things, in the direction you are taking in life, in society related goals that are impactful and can help others, and my wandering instinct :)

2. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's traits?

I can say right away how they look physically. That's the first thing I will see. I will see their facial expressions, behaviour, overall visible style and social status and anything else that's directly observable. That's it basically but I am very observant about these details.

As for talents, I can see or ask what you've proven to have expertise/skills about. So obviously if you had no problem getting these skills, you have some talent.

As for "what the person is all about" - that sounds pretty vague to me.

3. What is imagination? Do all people have imagination and can fantasize? What is your fantasizing like?

Imagination is thinking up things that are only in your mind and not directly connected to tangible reality.

I don't daydream, I don't like illusions.

4. What do you think of people (or yourself) who distinctively stand out in a crowd, differ from others? What is a measure of such distinction, how can this difference be feasible and how not?

They visibly stand out in terms of looks, in style of speaking, in behaviour. They can be cool interesting but can also be too nonconventional.

I didn't understand the question about measure/feasibility.

5. Ideas do not have to be correct in order to be good. What's your attitude towards this statement?

What the fuck is this bullshit statement. Makes no sense.

1. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?

I don't know fuck about the psychological mechanisms of this, I just know I was / have been changing over the long term in my life so far and it's all so weird. :) I seriously would like to understand better. I can explain from a cognitive standpoint a bit better. Others would also notice the visible changes.

2. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you waste time?

Time is something like this... you are in the present, now, an almost nonexistently thin imaginary line or vertical snapshot on a timeline from past to future. The past doesn't exist, the future doesn't exist, only your present moment exists. This is a conundrum to me. But I do have the present at least and I also have my mind that can think of/imagine past/future.

As for feeling time, I have an instinctual sense of time, pretty good :) I think it's felt in terms of magnitudes. It's closely related to space and motion sensed in space though it's certainly not just that.

"Killing" time just means you are bored waiting for something and you just do something to make the time pass.

3. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?

By default I don't feel the need, I just go ahead and rely on my ability to do things. I expect that I will somehow succeed, I actually don't think much about it though. There are certain complex situations where yes I could do with some help in seeing how things would play out or I will feel too unsure to make a move.

Problem is I just can't put my mind to try and predict too much in advance, though I can have basic ideas that can come to me in flashes. I can also analyse some trends of the past if I have all the details literally in front of me. But usually what I end up doing is, I just make the move anyway or I don't and that's it.

What I'm also capable of doing is, following some events and pick the logically relevant points and have a flash of a little idea of how it's going to play out. This is just theoretical though, I'm not personally involved in those events. I don't do this often.

Sometimes I get a tiny little bit worried about how something that I've already started on will end but this is very rare and I deal with it on my own just fine. Otoh, I don't think I would seriously listen to anyone else in these cases, I'll either have control myself or just suffer through it, no other options. Or at least that someone needs to provide objective arguments as I would trust a forecast only if it makes sense based on data / trends. I'm seriously not into unscientific horoscopes etc.

4. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?

I'm very much on time if I care to be on time, e.g. it's an important appointment. If I don't care because it's not so important to be on time, I will be late while perfectly knowing all the way that I am going to be late. But even when I decided it was not important to be on time, for some reason my being late starts to seriously bother me by the time I've actually arrived there.

If someone else's late and it interferes with my plans for the day I get irritated / angry and I can lose emotional control enough to shout them down even when it's a more formal situation where that behaviour otherwise wouldn't be too acceptable. If it doesn't interfere with plans I don't care too much though I will not wait for hours.

Otoh, if I did the timing wrong myself or just got unlucky and missed something by being late even though I tried hard to get there in time, I will get very very pissed off, I can get into real rages over this.

5. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions:

a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts

I suppose 20 mins before I am still on my way so I will be focusing on just getting there or whatever else that's going on in that specific moment (unless I'm supposed to prepare for the meeting in some way)

b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts

I might already be there or very close to arriving. If I happened to arrive 5 minutes early, I will check if the person is already there. If not, I will wait and keep watching/looking for the person.

c) It is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here

I will wait a bit more.

d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here

I try to contact the person after 10 mins of them being late. If I get a reply specifying when exactly they get there, cool I will wait until that time. Let's then assume person does arrive, great unless it interferes with my plans for the rest of the day; well if they still don't arrive and they can't reassure me for a second time that they will really be here this and this time, I will leave.

e) More time and the person is still not here…

Well if I didn't get a reply as to when they will arrive, I will leave within a few minutes, that 20 minutes of total waiting seems pretty much in the ballpark for that. I don't give it much thought, I expect to find out later what was up with them. If it interferes with plans, I get upset as detailed above. If no interfering, no hard feelings :)

Note on how I answered:

Te block: went for concise summary, I enjoyed the competitive aspects and where I explained my own approaches
Ti block: enjoyed delving in if it wasn't too basic or if it was a too basic question I tried to still delve in to show more complex aspects
Se block: liked answering concisely in a comprehensive way
Si block: kept it simple no problem
Fe block: short, didn't see a way to delve in more but it was very interesting still
Fi block: liked to explain my alternative unfeeling approaches :p
Ne block: some of it didn't make sense, went way past my head
Ni block: very interesting and stopped myself from delving in more :)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I know you previously self-typed as SLE and are now between SLE and LSI. Hard to tell for sure, but I'm kind of tempted to say LSI based on these responses. The responses to the Fi block seemed stronger than the Ne block, suggesting Ne is a more likely PoLR function.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I know you previously self-typed as SLE and are now between SLE and LSI. Hard to tell for sure, but I'm kind of tempted to say LSI based on these responses. The responses to the Fi block seemed stronger than the Ne block, suggesting Ne is a more likely PoLR function.

What I noticed is that yes I can do something about those Fi things so yes I had no problem answering many of the questions in the Fi block but the thing is that it's really mostly Ti stuff. I don't know if that's how Fi role is with LxI's.

Thanks, can you tell me what made you think so?

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: Telepathis Goosus

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
...also, do you feel like we are conflictors? I read the two quotes in your signature now and lol we might be.
Ahaha, well. I think in socionics I'm more of an EII than an IEE, but I'll stay with IEE to match my MBTI type. I guess we are then, haha.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahaha, well. I think in socionics I'm more of an EII than an IEE, but I'll stay with IEE to match my MBTI type. I guess we are then, haha.
Hehe. Anyway what made you think LSI? In my questionnaire

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
I would lean more toward LSI too. Why? Because of the Fe block. If you were an SLE, I think that you would be way more expressive, and you would have a harder time controlling your emotion. You seems pretty dispassionate, which is more of an LSI trait. Not to mention that the Ti block is very developped. Your Se block is described more in a "defensive way", which makes me think of Se creative, more thant Se dominant (they are more aggressive), if you know what I mean.

Source (wikisocion) :

LSIs respect and admire people who are deeply passionate about things and care enough about them to instill their attitudes in others and try to get them involved. They can forgive a little unruliness, impulsivity, and disorderliness for the emotional value such people give them. LSIs tend to suffer from a deficit of passion and feel emotionally connected to the world mainly when they are around lively and emotional people.

Can I ask you a question? Could you describe me how you behave in a group? (a group of friend, and a project/work group)

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey I only see this now; thanks for the reply :)

I would lean more toward LSI too. Why? Because of the Fe block. If you were an SLE, I think that you would be way more expressive, and you would have a harder time controlling your emotion. You seems pretty dispassionate, which is more of an LSI trait. Not to mention that the Ti block is very developped. Your Se block is described more in a "defensive way", which makes me think of Se creative, more thant Se dominant (they are more aggressive), if you know what I mean.
I actually don't control anger that well once it gets strong enough. By that I mean I can't NOT express/act it out. But otherwise, yes, I control emotions very well. I control even the anger too, my actions during expression of it, though I do get more impulsive.

Can you explain more about this "defensive way" thingie?

Can I ask you a question? Could you describe me how you behave in a group? (a group of friend, and a project/work group)
Sure, let's see.

Friends: I guess the mood will be good and I'll be going with it, can get pretty expressive at times, it's all good fun, kinda really spontaneous too. That's not really how I am by default :)

Project/work group: that depends on the work, but assume this is a meeting of sorts? In such a situation, by default I will just sit and follow everything, putting it all together in my head constantly and whenever I see the need to act, I will intervene and direct / influence things. Much more serious mode than the friends mode but I enjoy the analysis and the action and especially the influence by directing things.

What does that tell you?

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
Hey I only see this now; thanks for the reply :)

I actually don't control anger that well once it gets strong enough. By that I mean I can't NOT express/act it out. But otherwise, yes, I control emotions very well. I control even the anger too, my actions during expression of it, though I do get more impulsive.

Can you explain more about this "defensive way" thingie?

Sure, let's see.

Friends: I guess the mood will be good and I'll be going with it, can get pretty expressive at times, it's all good fun, kinda really spontaneous too. That's not really how I am by default :)

Project/work group: that depends on the work, but assume this is a meeting of sorts? In such a situation, by default I will just sit and follow everything, putting it all together in my head constantly and whenever I see the need to act, I will intervene and direct / influence things. Much more serious mode than the friends mode but I enjoy the analysis and the action and especially the influence by directing things.

What does that tell you?
It tells me that you are clearly a Ti-dom. Let me explain you:
The Se-dom feels at home when surrounding by people, leading them to achieve goals. They are initiator, and they are the ones who make things happen, and control everything. That why I talked about aggressiveness, this initiating force and willpower to lead people to achieve things is their dominant way of acting. We could say that they are more impulsive, and more focused on acting.

Creative-Se are way more "defensive", it means that they will not initiate and take action unless it's necessary. But they will have no problem doing it if they must. They can also lead people to achieve a goal, but they are not be that impulsive and quick to initiate. Se isn't their main function, so they will not seek confrontation for the sake of using Se.

Your description of your behavior in group projects, fits totally with the definition of creative Se.
(Source : Extroverted sensing - Wikisocion)

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It tells me that you are clearly a Ti-dom. Let me explain you:
The Se-dom feels at home when surrounding by people, leading them to achieve goals. They are initiator, and they are the ones who make things happen, and control everything. That why I talked about aggressiveness, this initiating force and willpower to lead people to achieve things is their dominant way of acting. We could say that they are more impulsive, and more focused on acting.

Creative-Se are way more "defensive", it means that they will not initiate and take action unless it's necessary. But they will have no problem doing it if they must. They can also lead people to achieve a goal, but they are not be that impulsive and quick to initiate. Se isn't their main function, so they will not seek confrontation for the sake of using Se.

Your description of your behavior in group projects, fits totally with the definition of creative Se.
(Source : Extroverted sensing - Wikisocion)
Yeah, I agree with you :) I had a problem deciding between SLE and LSI originally because I'm creative subtype and apparently that makes that function the most conscious one of all. So I assumed that was my leading function but nah... after understanding Model A more I figured it out :) Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@westlose

I rechecked something and got a question for you;

You quoted this from wikisocion:

LSIs respect and admire people who are deeply passionate about things and care enough about them to instill their attitudes in others and try to get them involved. They can forgive a little unruliness, impulsivity, and disorderliness for the emotional value such people give them. LSIs tend to suffer from a deficit of passion and feel emotionally connected to the world mainly when they are around lively and emotional people.
What I don't understand in that description is the part on forgiving "a little unruliness, impulsivity, and disorderliness", I don't really relate to having to do so, is that just some crappy stereotype?

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
@westlose

I rechecked something and got a question for you;

You quoted this from wikisocion:

What I don't understand in that description is the part on forgiving "a little unruliness, impulsivity, and disorderliness", I don't really relate to having to do so, is that just some crappy stereotype?
Well it depends. It's true that I've only tried to tell apart LSI and SLE.
Why don't you relate to this sentence?

As long as you still relate to Dual-seeking Fe, I won't be worried that much.
Also, they told "they can", so it's not necessarily always the case.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it depends. It's true that I've only tried to tell apart LSI and SLE.
Why don't you relate to this sentence?

As long as you still relate to Dual-seeking Fe, I won't be worried that much.
Also, they told "they can", so it's not necessarily always the case.
I relate to the Fe DS just fine and I think it's just that it's unclear what exactly they mean by the unruliness...?

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
I relate to the Fe DS just fine and I think it's just that it's unclear what exactly they mean by the unruliness...?
Well, what they mean is that they will not make a big deal about some fun, or attempt to rise the mood. Ti-users are quite serious. Imagine that they are working with some Fe-users, they can forgive some unruliness because Ti-users value Fe.

As soon as the work is not messed up, they don't mind some emotional content.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, what they mean is that they will not make a big deal about some fun, or attempt to rise the mood. Ti-users are quite serious. Imagine that they are working with some Fe-users, they can forgive some unruliness because Ti-users value Fe.

As soon as the work is not messed up, they don't mind some emotional content.
OK it makes sense this way then :)

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes LSI is a good version along with SLE.
In our analysis SLE slightly wins by points :wink:
Myst91

Heh some people here also see me as 50/50 on the LSI vs SLE question :)

Do you want me to clarify the points marked as unclear?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts