Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! I'm not that good with Socionics, so I thought that maybe a test will help me understand if I typed myself well :kitteh:. I'll use the Philosophical questionnaire because I think it's the better way to let my way of thinking show up clearly. So, here we go.

1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?

Never attempt in the first place. I mean, trying you have 50% of possibility of achieving your goal. If you don't try what is the percentage of achieving your goal? 0% :laughing:. And if you don't try you'll always think about what could've been and with time you'll start to be guilty of stopping yourself. So trying is important, even if Yoda disagrees (sorry we needed a Star Wars reference :laughing:)

2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be?

Only one? Well, even if sound like Miss America saying this I think I'll go with ending all the injustices in the world.

3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate?

Fate is a really romantic concept and it may work in movies but in the end we shape our destiny. You know, "Be the change you want to see in the world" so no matter how hard are the stakes if you want to achieve something or simply you want to make the world a better place, go and do what you should.

4. What happens after we die?

I've no idea. This question has many answers based on how one relates to religion and the afterlife. I believe in the whole concept of Paradise and Hell but at times I think that, maybe, it's only a coping mechanism for going through life. You know, "in life I'm having only bad things so in the afterlife everything will be better". It's a good thought thinking that we'll have a pay-off for your actions and in theory it'd incourage people to act betterbut maybe it's not true? Idk the only sure thing is that when you die you stop breathing and you can't do anything anymore.

5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right?

Isn't this the same thing? I mean to me doing the right thing is doing things right too. We have critical thinking and a set of values so if we disagree with society doesn't mean we're doing things wrong.

6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant?

Live your life fully. Try to do your best and be yourself.

7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity?

Insanity is not respecting others people choices. As long as you're not doing anything morally wrong it's creativity.

8. What is true happiness?

Achieving your goals and be who you want to be.

9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to?
Shyness, other people's judgment too sometimes.

10. What makes you, you?

My DNA? :laughing:. In a sort of way it s true; I'm me because I'm different from others. In the end personhood is based on individuality.

11. What is the truth?

It depends. The truth may be objective or subjective. Ex. 2 + 2 = 4 is an objective truth because we can prove that it's true. If one asks "Does God exist?" the answer is purely subjective, we can't exactly prove our thesis so there won't be one truth but many truths

12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay?
Sometimes. A lie is a disrespect to the person you're talking to but sometimes is best to keep up lies for making things easy.

13. How do you know your perceptions are real?

I try to explain objectively my perceptions. If I can explain them they're true. That's why I like debates so I can prove my opinions and see if there are defects in them.

14. What makes a good friend?

Someone who is always by our side and tries to help you but doesn't fear telling you when you're wrong.

15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet?

They don't have the things but they have the desire. Desiring them you fear you may never have them.

16. Who decides what morality is?

Your moral compass. As I side before I try to justify my moral beliefs and first see them logically and contrast them with values I already know are right.

17. What is the difference between living and being alive?

Living is the simple act of staying in this world. You breath? You are living. You feel, you experiment, you have likings and dislikings, you think? You are alive.

18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it?

It's still wrong. When you do a wrong act deep down you kbow even if nobody knows.

19. Is there a reason to life?

Yes, we all have a reason to live. It's up to us to know what's ours.

20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness?

It's not the same. We can't always think the same way. Only comparing and contrasting our opinions we can reach a truth.

21. What is true strength?

Keep fighting and having hope in a better future, no matter how hard it is.

22. What is true love?

Staying with somebody who respect you and your choices, that wants to stay with you and helps you and doesn't fear to tell you when you're wrong. A good friend with romantic feelings basically :wink:

23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world?

Yes. Family is still important, no matter who makes it. A family can be two friends, two spouses, parents with childrens, of every gender and age. There's only one thing that is essential to a family: love.

24. What role does honor play in today’s society?

Honor is an old-fashioned word but not an old-fashioned concept. Morality is a better word. Honor is to me is treatimg others with respect and doing what's right. It's certainly a thing that should be more in the world. I'm ofc not talking about the old conception of honor that sees women in a terrible position full of sexism and sees them as "damaged goods", that's bs.

25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money?

Money can help you. I mean, in the world, USA especially, you have to pay to really have a good health. Food and cobfort? You need money for that. A roof on your head? Same. Money can't buy happiness in relationships but from a pratical standpoint, yes.

26. How should people live their lives?

How they want to if they respect other people.

27. How much control do you have over your life?

100% of control is impossible. In life there are variants, things you can't control. I'd say 50%. 50% is my choosing and 50% is chance.

28. What is freedom?

Thinking how you want and doing what you want (always respecting people ofc :wink:)

29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter?

No. A terrorist is a terrorist. Not respecting other people choices and boundaries and way of being it's not freedom.

30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture?

No. Nobody is born evil. There are circumstances that influence our behavior. Ofc changing it and doing the right thing is a thing we can do only ourselves.

31. What defines you?

My values, my likings, my dislinkings, my way of thinking and my experiences.

32. What do people strive for after enlightenment?

Doing things right, I think.

33. Do we have a soul?

Yes. We have feelings and a moral compass, that's what a soul is.

34. What is intelligence?

Knowledge, wisness, critical thinking and learning from experiences make intelligence.

35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you?

I make my own decisions. Advices are important but in the end I choose.

36. What is reality?

What we percieve with our senses.

37. Is trust more important than love?

Trust and love should always go togheter. You can't love without trust.

38. Is it easier to love or be loved?

To be loved. Love is a great feeling, hard at times, so it's more easy to be the inspiration that feeling it.

39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love?

Love and lose. You gain and lose so much loving but that's life. By never loving you never live.

40. Do aliens exist?

I don't know. Space is infinite so... if they exist I hope they are paceful.

That's it. Thanks for reading and for giving insights :kitteh:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Te valuing.
Fi valuing.
Looks like Delta values. Objectivist leaps out at the reader.
Ni devalued but strong. Reference Q29 especially, and Q30. Q32. Really that whole section.
Poor Ti. Simple direct answers that are repetitions of basically what the dictionary would say for some things. Normative.
Aware of and sensitive about Se. Ref Q35 especially.
Silly, spontaneous.
Shares easily.
Probably a Result type.
Negativist trying to avoid negative, Fi+ creative use I think?
I suggest IEE-Fi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts