Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I have thought that I have been a 459 since I have taken the enneagram tritype test, but I could also see myself acting like a 479 since the 7 integrates to a 5 when healthy. Before I started to introspect and developed a greater sense of intuition and consciousness I feel like I could have been a 479, but when I delved into my inner world and started to look at myself it seemed like I transformed into a 459. Does anybody have any insight that would make these two tritypes distinct at all, or just opinions of how each type differs/develops over time? I appreciate anybody's input.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
From http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/73452-27-tritype-archetype-descriptions-3.html :

459 The Contemplative Archetype

If you are 459 is described as being intuitive, knowledgeable, an accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your feelings and ideas to others.

Your life mission is to delve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insight with others. A true philosopher (also, contemplative), you are happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with others. Making sense of your world is a never ending quest.

You can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

your growing edge is to recognize that your need to pull away into the private world of your making to ponder your thoughts and feelings keeps you from engaging with others. true contemplation leads to higher knowing that we are all connected in the universal unconscious.

*Most withdrawn/introspective-459, 954, 549
or

479 Gentle Spirit Archetype

This is the sort of sprite or fairy like tritype. There is a need to remain positive while still searching for meaning. The blindspot is that there is an attraction to magical thinking and missed opportunities to speak their truth so they find themselves glossing over negative feeling states in favor of something more comfortable or positive. When 4 is in charge there's a tendency to not see all the ways in which depression or sadness is evaded through this magical thinking process.

the life mission is that this is the true healer archetype. They are often found doing bodywork or other healing practices as these are the 3 types that have a desire to transform. They like to inspire people toward happiness through expressing their creativity in a peaceful non-intrusive way.

She said this is the most lyrical type, a sort of ethereal archetype (so is the 459 but it is a more withdrawn ethereal quality, almost wispy and ghost like) whereas the energy here is lighter and more impish or I think when it's a male energy you get a strong trickster archetype (like dfgray). Playful yet meaningful. Very idealistic (although not quite as idealistic as the 471) but still concerned with maintaining positivity and feelings of being up. I think Regina Spektor is an example of this archetype with 4 in charge.

I'm actually put off by the idea of being in a "healing profession", though there's a strong likelihood that 7-4-9 is my tritype. I guess it's a reluctance to mix energies with society at large, or something of that nature. I wouldn't want to be in a profession where I constantly had to touch people. I'm not a cold person, I just wouldn't want a day filled with people-touching, if that makes sense.
EDIT: Oh, also, I would have to say "reluctant to show anything negative" is not such a likely descriptor for me.
Katherine said the 479 (749, 947) all took some kind of issue with the term "healer", even if they were in healing professions or were attracted to it. She was wondering what it was about that term that was off-putting, so what you've shared above is interesting (from a 7 perspective).
She said this is the gentle soul tritype that has a healing presence on others whether or not they intend to so when she says healer this is what she means as opposed to being vocationally attracted to the healing arts (although this is very common with this tritype).
(There's more in the link. Just put the first sections in quotes.)

I tossed up between the two of them as well, but at the end of the day I related to 7 more than to 5. I think that a combination of being an introvert as well as an sp-4 with a 5 wing AND triple-withdrawn is too much for me. I have that need to keep things light and entertaining for people. Any 5-ishness I see in myself is probably down to the influence on my 4 core rather than an actual head fix.

Here's some more discussion on being a 479. And here's 459.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts