Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, how many people with 459 tritype variations (459, 495, 549, 594, 945, 954) are on this forum and if possible for each of you, what is your dominant instinct?

My guess is that some of the instincts can blend easier with some tritypes than others. For example, I believe that self-preservation is quite at ease with the 459 since it's already a meditative and introspective energy (I'm probably generalizing). Sexual may possibly clash with the overall removed and inhibited archetype, but overall the need for depth might be intensified.

Social, however, seem a bit out of touch with the 459, and my guess is that people with this combination won't identify with the need to seek solace and trust from the ''tribe'' so to speak. I for myself have this tritype and is social first and tend to have a very push-pull relationship with crowd, groups and people in general. I want social status, yet I am terrified of be swallowed whole by the tribe. I very much keep the role of the observer around people and love to know more about what the current feel the group emits.

Anyways, thanks as always for the feedback.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm 514 SO (& identify more with 9 than 8 to the extent that you might find that relevant). What you're describing also basically applies in my case. The way I relate to groups of people or "the tribe" isn't pure desire to trust/seek solace or pure positive draw. It's hardly those things at all for me. It's more complex than that and often symbolic as much as actual.

If true for a "double withdrawn" SO dom I expect it might be even more true for "triple withdrawn" SO dom.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 459 so/sp
11 Posts
Out of curiosity, how many people with 459 tritype variations (459, 495, 549, 594, 945, 954) are on this forum and if possible for each of you, what is your dominant instinct?

My guess is that some of the instincts can blend easier with some tritypes than others. For example, I believe that self-preservation is quite at ease with the 459 since it's already a meditative and introspective energy (I'm probably generalizing). Sexual may possibly clash with the overall removed and inhibited archetype, but overall the need for depth might be intensified.

Social, however, seem a bit out of touch with the 459, and my guess is that people with this combination won't identify with the need to seek solace and trust from the ''tribe'' so to speak. I for myself have this tritype and is social first and tend to have a very push-pull relationship with crowd, groups and people in general. I want social status, yet I am terrified of be swallowed whole by the tribe. I very much keep the role of the observer around people and love to know more about what the current feel the group emits.

Anyways, thanks as always for the feedback.
Hey, I’m [F] a 459 so/sp! I’m really interested with your descriptions. They seem very analytical and well thought out. I’m really interested in finding out more about this particular type overall.

Also, kinda out of topic but I know someone [M] who I strongly think is a 479 sp/so. I also wonder about his internal workings.

And I’m reaaally interested in knowing and understanding how they perceive each other.

Me (459) and him (479) are both INFPs btw.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I’m [F] a 459 so/sp! I’m really interested with your descriptions. They seem very analytical and well thought out. I’m really interested in finding out more about this particular type overall.

Also, kinda out of topic but I know someone [M] who I strongly think is a 479 sp/so. I also wonder about his internal workings.

And I’m reaaally interested in knowing and understanding how they perceive each other.

Me (459) and him (479) are both INFPs btw.

459 or the Contemplative archetype has the three withdrawn types in each enneagram center of intelligence (head (5), heart (4) and gut (9)), meaning that this is the most introspective tritype of all the roster. However, this tritype isn't the most unassertive or shy (that place belong to the 259) since the FOUR has a natural need to self-express. Since this archetype's energy is so inward, this tritype can appear so inhibited and distant as if like they don't care about others or their environment. However, this is precisely this tritype's natural defense strategy to avoid feeling overwelmed (FIVE) and having their peace disturbed (NINE). Additionnally, the 459 often needs to feel welcomed and accepted by their environment in order to open up and be social. Otherwise, they may withdraw and quietly bolt out from a crowded venue. This tritype often has a natural knack for understanding things in a deep and meaningful way and often has very peculiar interests. This tritype is probably the most naturally connected to its inner self and unconscious of all the tritypes. FOURS with this tritype often display less emotions than other FOURS and can be more removed from their environment.

479 or the Healer (I prefer the original name over the Gentle Spirit) has the three most imaginative types in each center of intelligence (head (7), heart (4) and gut (9)) and therefore will frequently display great creative aptitudes in their daily lives. They often have an original way of seeing things and love the new and the novel, often with a touch of wistful innocence in them. This archetype is the most liquid and gentle of all and is capable of wonderful observations and is able to see beauty in its many forms. They work best in a therapeutic way, transforming painful experiences into bright and meaningful events, hence the original name of Healer. Where they struggle is how they avoid allowing dark and troublesome emotions getting into their thinking process : FOUR wants to deep but the SEVEN and NINE component say : urgh...no, we have to keep things light and pleasant. This can prevent this tritype, especially leading with FOUR from going all the way through psychological healing and distracting itself with temporary fixes.

Reactions: hareofcaerbannog

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 459 so/sp
11 Posts
459 or the Contemplative archetype has the three withdrawn types in each enneagram center of intelligence (head (5), heart (4) and gut (9)), meaning that this is the most introspective tritype of all the roster. However, this tritype isn't the most unassertive or shy (that place belong to the 259) since the FOUR has a natural need to self-express. Since this archetype's energy is so inward, this tritype can appear so inhibited and distant as if like they don't care about others or their environment. However, this is precisely this tritype's natural defense strategy to avoid feeling overwelmed (FIVE) and having their peace disturbed (NINE). Additionnally, the 459 often needs to feel welcomed and accepted by their environment in order to open up and be social. Otherwise, they may withdraw and quietly bolt out from a crowded venue. This tritype often has a natural knack for understanding things in a deep and meaningful way and often has very peculiar interests. This tritype is probably the most naturally connected to its inner self and unconscious of all the tritypes. FOURS with this tritype often display less emotions than other FOURS and can be more removed from their environment.

479 or the Healer (I prefer the original name over the Gentle Spirit) has the three most imaginative types in each center of intelligence (head (7), heart (4) and gut (9)) and therefore will frequently display great creative aptitudes in their daily lives. They often have an original way of seeing things and love the new and the novel, often with a touch of wistful innocence in them. This archetype is the most liquid and gentle of all and is capable of wonderful observations and is able to see beauty in its many forms. They work best in a therapeutic way, transforming painful experiences into bright and meaningful events, hence the original name of Healer. Where they struggle is how they avoid allowing dark and troublesome emotions getting into their thinking process : FOUR wants to deep but the SEVEN and NINE component say : urgh...no, we have to keep things light and pleasant. This can prevent this tritype, especially leading with FOUR from going all the way through psychological healing and distracting itself with temporary fixes.
Thank you so much for the enlightening response! Also, what do you mean by the 479’s being “liquid”? Is it their chameleonic abilities in social settings of readily being able to blend in? If so, how do they feel about this?

Also, how do they see each other? If an INFP 459 so/sp and an INFP 479 sp/so were to cross paths, how would they perceive each other?

My apologies if these questions are a lot haha. There are barely any sources for tritype theory so I’m glad I’ve stumbled upon your insights.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for the enlightening response! Also, what do you mean by the 479’s being “liquid”? Is it their chameleonic abilities in social settings of readily being able to blend in? If so, how do they feel about this?

Also, how do they see each other? If an INFP 459 so/sp and an INFP 479 sp/so were to cross paths, how would they perceive each other?

My apologies if these questions are a lot haha. There are barely any sources for tritype theory so I’m glad I’ve stumbled upon your insights.

Yes, ''liquid'' in this case means that they can adapt better to their environment and is a bit more openly receptive to others compared to the 459 who would be a little more selective in showing their emotional response and be overall more guarded. I believe that the 469 is the most receptive of all FOUR and NINE combinations because of the SIX added need to seek out the truth in any situation while the SEVEN part of the 479 filters out the dreary side of life in favor of positive experiences and the FIVE part of 459 partially cancels out the receptivity in favor of solace and emotional distance. So theoretically, the scale would go from more receptive 469 → 479 → 459 to less receptive.

FOURS with the 479 tritype would be more inclined to stay truth to themselves than SEVEN or NINE in the lead, but still remain concerned about fitting in and exude a positive outlook. Dissatisfaction and sadness is usually hidden with the Healer/Gentle Spirit and this is a common theme with the Contemplative (459) since both SEVEN and FIVE don't deal easily with emotional woes and prefer to veer away from it (you could also add the NINE into the equation since this type also shy away from negative emotions). FOURs with the Healer archetype may feel a sudden emotion that they feel need to be taken care of in the moment, but also be immediately in conflict with the SEVEN and the NINE fixes wanting to blend in and feel positively excited. Because of this push-pull (keep in mind that this is the situation for a FOUR leading with 479 only, not the other combinations), this FOUR in a social situation might feel the need to reflect on its emotional experience momentarily but overall cave in to the pressure coming from SEVEN (mainly) and NINE to lighten up and be cheerful. You may actually see in the FOUR's eyes the need to go deep into emotional expression amidst his or her overall demeanor if you're observant enough, but the smile and graceful body gestures might contradict this need. Look at Michael Jackson interviews if you want observable proof of this.

An interaction with two INFPs, one with 459 and the other 479 could be interesting indeed. In guess that the 479 would most likely initiate the conversation since this tritype is overall more open to new experiences and is less introverted than the former. Additionally, the 459 INFP generally could invest more time into developing its Introverted Sensing (Si) function and keep its Extroverted Intuition (Ne) more inside their thoughs while this could be the reverse for the 479 INFP, leading him or her to look more like an ENFP. Obviously, I feel that the two would greatly connect with the same function stacks and with the FOUR leading and the NINE fix. Both personalize experiences and are greatly connected to their values and their authenticity. Overall, the 459 INFP could push forward more into their personal experiences and insights (Fi + Si) and the 479 would veer the conversation about personal observations and quirky imagination schemes (Fi + Ne).

As for the instincts, Social FOURS are more openly shameful about their needs and view themselves more as victims of their general upbringing and social inadequacies. They lament more openly too than the other two instincts. Combine that with a 459 tritype and you get a little more toned down lamenting and comparing than, say 469 for example, but it is still noticeable.This is a very shy and inhibited combination that feel conflicted between the need to express arrogance and superiority (FOUR and FIVE coming together) and the crushing lack of self-confidence that comes with having to continuously compare with others. This FOUR could look like a 469 or 479 at times since the social instinct focus on being in tune with the group's need and overal gestalt. This is the quiet outsider that feel different and unfit for society but that is also comfortable being the observer and secretly need to be admired and valued for its uniqueness while lurking in the shadows.

The Self-preservation FOUR is the countertype of the FOURs, meaning that it doesn't openly express envy like the other two instinct and can be less identified with it at first. This FOUR is long suffering but put a lid on his or her personal woes as if they were considered harmful and cumbersome for its survival. This FOUR is masochistic it the way that he can endure a lot of pain without wincing and can take a lot of pride for it. This FOUR generally more focused into expressing itself and less deterred by its emotional fluctuations but pay the price of shoving down the pain and sufffering too far. You can understand that with a 479 tritype, since neither SEVEN or NINE wants to deal with pain directly, that this could be an unusual combination that is very upbeat and cheerful. They can be very focused on the bright side of a situation while helping people solving emotional difficulties, but their own private suffering is still very off-limits. I guess that they could look a bit like 279 in that way, but with more self-consciousness.

Reactions: MadiNightshade

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 459 so/sp
11 Posts
Yes, ''liquid'' in this case means that they can adapt better to their environment and is a bit more openly receptive to others compared to the 459 who would be a little more selective in showing their emotional response and be overall more guarded. I believe that the 469 is the most receptive of all FOUR and NINE combinations because of the SIX added need to seek out the truth in any situation while the SEVEN part of the 479 filters out the dreary side of life in favor of positive experiences and the FIVE part of 459 partially cancels out the receptivity in favor of solace and emotional distance. So theoretically, the scale would go from more receptive 469 → 479 → 459 to less receptive.

FOURS with the 479 tritype would be more inclined to stay truth to themselves than SEVEN or NINE in the lead, but still remain concerned about fitting in and exude a positive outlook. Dissatisfaction and sadness is usually hidden with the Healer/Gentle Spirit and this is a common theme with the Contemplative (459) since both SEVEN and FIVE don't deal easily with emotional woes and prefer to veer away from it (you could also add the NINE into the equation since this type also shy away from negative emotions). FOURs with the Healer archetype may feel a sudden emotion that they feel need to be taken care of in the moment, but also be immediately in conflict with the SEVEN and the NINE fixes wanting to blend in and feel positively excited. Because of this push-pull (keep in mind that this is the situation for a FOUR leading with 479 only, not the other combinations), this FOUR in a social situation might feel the need to reflect on its emotional experience momentarily but overall cave in to the pressure coming from SEVEN (mainly) and NINE to lighten up and be cheerful. You may actually see in the FOUR's eyes the need to go deep into emotional expression amidst his or her overall demeanor if you're observant enough, but the smile and graceful body gestures might contradict this need. Look at Michael Jackson interviews if you want observable proof of this.

An interaction with two INFPs, one with 459 and the other 479 could be interesting indeed. In guess that the 479 would most likely initiate the conversation since this tritype is overall more open to new experiences and is less introverted than the former. Additionally, the 459 INFP generally could invest more time into developing its Introverted Sensing (Si) function and keep its Extroverted Intuition (Ne) more inside their thoughs while this could be the reverse for the 479 INFP, leading him or her to look more like an ENFP. Obviously, I feel that the two would greatly connect with the same function stacks and with the FOUR leading and the NINE fix. Both personalize experiences and are greatly connected to their values and their authenticity. Overall, the 459 INFP could push forward more into their personal experiences and insights (Fi + Si) and the 479 would veer the conversation about personal observations and quirky imagination schemes (Fi + Ne).

As for the instincts, Social FOURS are more openly shameful about their needs and view themselves more as victims of their general upbringing and social inadequacies. They lament more openly too than the other two instincts. Combine that with a 459 tritype and you get a little more toned down lamenting and comparing than, say 469 for example, but it is still noticeable.This is a very shy and inhibited combination that feel conflicted between the need to express arrogance and superiority (FOUR and FIVE coming together) and the crushing lack of self-confidence that comes with having to continuously compare with others. This FOUR could look like a 469 or 479 at times since the social instinct focus on being in tune with the group's need and overal gestalt. This is the quiet outsider that feel different and unfit for society but that is also comfortable being the observer and secretly need to be admired and valued for its uniqueness while lurking in the shadows.

The Self-preservation FOUR is the countertype of the FOURs, meaning that it doesn't openly express envy like the other two instinct and can be less identified with it at first. This FOUR is long suffering but put a lid on his or her personal woes as if they were considered harmful and cumbersome for its survival. This FOUR is masochistic it the way that he can endure a lot of pain without wincing and can take a lot of pride for it. This FOUR generally more focused into expressing itself and less deterred by its emotional fluctuations but pay the price of shoving down the pain and sufffering too far. You can understand that with a 479 tritype, since neither SEVEN or NINE wants to deal with pain directly, that this could be an unusual combination that is very upbeat and cheerful. They can be very focused on the bright side of a situation while helping people solving emotional difficulties, but their own private suffering is still very off-limits. I guess that they could look a bit like 279 in that way, but with more self-consciousness.
“Additionally, the 459 INFP generally could invest more time into developing its Introverted Sensing (Si) function and keep its Extroverted Intuition (Ne) more inside their thoughs while this could be the reverse for the 479 INFP, leading him or her to look more like an ENFP.”

This part right here is uncanny. My boyfriend is the 479 I’ve been talking about and this hits the nail on its head. Can you explain why this phenomenon happens? Why does the 459 keep their Ne inside their thoughts, and why does the 479 look more like a ENFP?

I genuinely wonder how you can intuit on these types behavior. It’s amazing haha. Do you know real life people of these types? Do you read books about them?

Honestly, I kinda envy the type 479’s cheerful spirit. I really do. I try to integrate that element of them into my own and I think it has developed more in me.

Everything you said about the 479’s stoicism is just as true as well. I’ve observed it firsthand haha. I notice it in my boyfriend a lot. I’m more open to lament, he seems to bottle it down.

As for my next question, how do you think the two would fare in a romantic relationship? What are the benefits and potential pitfalls?

Also, what do each want out of a relationship? Do they look at each other and feel that resonance with one another considering they are of very similar types?

Also, is a 479 just as keen as a 459 in looking for a partner who is sort of similar to them? Because as a 459, it really feels somewhat exciting. I feel as though my 479 bf is not as KEEN about the feeling of kindred-ness. But maybe it’s his stoicism.

Would a 479 find more satisfaction in dating someone who reflects his values, principles, thought patterns, and maybe even behavior than in someone who doesn’t?

I know these are a lot of questions haha. I hope you get to them one by one. I ponder on them a lot and hope you can give substantial input. I thank you a lot.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi sorry for the delay,

I'm not a naturally writer-type person, so I may procrastinate and take more time to respond.

For the relationship question, I guess two INFPs of any enneatypes (especially core FOURS) would mingle quite well, but as long as they core values are shared or respected at the very least.
The good side of that relationship is that INFPs are naturally good listeners and don't try to influence their thoughts too much onto each other, unless if they feel hurt in any way, shape or form.
Having both FOUR and NINE in the tritype for both is a big plus for general understanding and mutual respect overall, and since the NINE in the tritype doesn't want conflict, there might be a great incentive to not push each other too hard and let things be.
Unfortunately, having two NINES fixes in a relationship means that there can be a lot of passivity and 'putting one's head into the sand' behavior. 479 especially might want to maintain and preserve a happy and peaceful environment where there could be a potential for growth in allowing the conflict to happen. 459 (I can attest to that) can bolt and say nothing in case of conflict and become increasingly distant and muted, while 479 will distract themselves and minimize the issues at hand. I'd say that both 459 and 479 are really not naturally meant to handle conflict directly and can procrastinate and let it inflate over time. However, 459 will probably the first hurt and less gentle about it but still gonna be very passive aggressive when stressed or emotionally swamped. 479 Wants to go deep and explore the reasons for the disharmony (FOUR) but the pull from the two other fixes (SEVEN and NINE) might be too hard to handle at times and they won't want long and painful discussions about why their girlfriend feels that way and why...they might try to figure out a way to get out of it after a while.
Overall, I'd say the hardest part to overcome for the 459 partner is to learn to speak their truth and stop postponing their resentment and hurt, while the same for the 479 would be to learn how to accept criticism as it is and stay with their negative feelings more.

Stay tune for the rest of my answers :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My tritype is 459 and my instinctual variant is sp. 😁
Sp 459s are often said to be artisans, are you invested in any kind of artistic activity or craft?

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 459 so/sp
11 Posts
Hi sorry for the delay,

I'm not a naturally writer-type person, so I may procrastinate and take more time to respond.

For the relationship question, I guess two INFPs of any enneatypes (especially core FOURS) would mingle quite well, but as long as they core values are shared or respected at the very least.
The good side of that relationship is that INFPs are naturally good listeners and don't try to influence their thoughts too much onto each other, unless if they feel hurt in any way, shape or form.
Having both FOUR and NINE in the tritype for both is a big plus for general understanding and mutual respect overall, and since the NINE in the tritype doesn't want conflict, there might be a great incentive to not push each other too hard and let things be.
Unfortunately, having two NINES fixes in a relationship means that there can be a lot of passivity and 'putting one's head into the sand' behavior. 479 especially might want to maintain and preserve a happy and peaceful environment where there could be a potential for growth in allowing the conflict to happen. 459 (I can attest to that) can bolt and say nothing in case of conflict and become increasingly distant and muted, while 479 will distract themselves and minimize the issues at hand. I'd say that both 459 and 479 are really not naturally meant to handle conflict directly and can procrastinate and let it inflate over time. However, 459 will probably the first hurt and less gentle about it but still gonna be very passive aggressive when stressed or emotionally swamped. 479 Wants to go deep and explore the reasons for the disharmony (FOUR) but the pull from the two other fixes (SEVEN and NINE) might be too hard to handle at times and they won't want long and painful discussions about why their girlfriend feels that way and why...they might try to figure out a way to get out of it after a while.
Overall, I'd say the hardest part to overcome for the 459 partner is to learn to speak their truth and stop postponing their resentment and hurt, while the same for the 479 would be to learn how to accept criticism as it is and stay with their negative feelings more.

Stay tune for the rest of my answers :p
Thanks a lot for the insightful responses! Also, turns out we’re the same type haha! Have a good day :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts