Personality Cafe banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
Damn, I can't get over how long it took me to find my heart fix as 4 is just too obvious now that I have.

'nother 974 checking in, this thread is amazing, oh the feels I have, the feeeeeels!

I simply do not relate to the titles of The Gentle Spirit or The Healer, in true 9 form my ultimate view is "whatever, call it what you want" however they sure as shit don't fit for me. The Escapist however is pretty much puuuuurfect.

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
What is the big difference between 478 and 479?

479 Gentle Spirit Archetype

Katherine said the 479 (749, 947) all took some kind of issue with the term "healer", even if they were in healing professions or were attracted to it. She was wondering what it was about that term that was off-putting, so what you've shared above is interesting (from a 7 perspective).
She said this is the gentle soul tritype that has a healing presence on others whether or not they intend to so when she says healer this is what she means as opposed to being vocationally attracted to the healing arts (although this is very common with this tritype).

I think for me when I was deciding between 479 and 478 I realized that my tendency to push, and shake up overrides my tendency to calm down. Although I can do both. I ultimately didn't end up going into counseling because I am a.) too impatient b.) too bossy and directive and c.) need to have more freedom to invite change than that discipline can allow.

So while I consider myself attracted to healing, and am interested in healing arts (energy healing, reiki, etc). I want to manifest it through a more intense and provocative way. Something that shakes people up in order to invite growth and development.

When 8 replaces the 9 you get more of a sense of groundedness or at least more practicality and realism that can seem a little harder edged and less lyrical.

For me there's less of a tendency toward optimism for the sake of being positive or keeping it light, although I don't like for things to get too serious, but if things need to be serious than I'm willing to go there. It's more of an if it's ugly, let's look at it. I actually struggle with that within myself; needing to see it if it's ugly (4 and 5 wing) with a propensity toward evasiveness and denial (with the 7 and 8) it's a strange mixture. Katherine says with 9 it (whatever "it" may be) must be transmuted into something lyrical, beautiful or playful to be tolerable.
There's a lot more in the OP this is quoted from.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm a 479, I'm still not entirely fixed on my tritype
(if anyone could help I'd be so grateful) http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/147828-whats-my-enneatype-help.html

The thing is, I completely relate to the 4 focus on loss/search for origin but I can't even wrap my head around feeling some kind of pride in being sad... Which is why I think I have a 7 directly backing it up. I'm an extrovert but I still think I'm too focused inwards/always making sure everything is healthy and that I'm properly dealing with everything to be a 7, who try to avoid their inner world from what I understand.

There are so many things about every one of the enneagrams that I can't relate to one bit. Is it possible to just not have one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry for hitting up this old-ass post but I took a tritype test and it said I was a 7w6-9w1-4w3, and when I went over the type descriptions it actually makes a lot of sense and I wanted to share my experience. Gentle spirit is a pretty misleading title, but the healing presence description is something I can definitely identify with. I'm constantly giving advice to my friends about their deepest issues and I rarely back down from the job. Although I won't want to do it most of the time, I feel a responsibility to try to give the best help I can. I'm also a passionate musician, and the musical arts is some of the most healing arts I know (even if I can't really wrap my mind around my own music actually helping other people). Which is another thing, the combination of 794 can in my experience create a very self-conscious, numb and avoidant individual. All three tend towards escapism in there unhealthy periods, and as I have experienced with the influences of 9 and 4 on the stimulation seeking tendencies of 7 there is a high chance of forming drug habits. This escapism can result from the discord that occurs between the behaviors of 7s and of 9s and 4s. The 7s have strong desires and exploratory/thrill-seeking urges, but 9s want to maintain their peacefulness and 4s want to maintain their self-image which can negatively effect the natural assertiveness of 7s. This results in the 7 type feeling deprived of essential experiences, and the type 4 influence kicks in, believing that is due to a fundamental flaw in himself and the feelings of intense depression anxiety and low self esteem can disturb the type 9 influence which results in the type 7 influence sensation seeking aka drugs or other intense sensations. When they are in this cycle of unhealthy behavior they would be very avoidant of helping others as they fear dependency and feeling inadequate. They would also be unusually critical of others, especially ones that they want to have an intimate relationship with and/or to help in some way because the 4 would feel alienated, the 9 would feel repressed and neglectful while the 7 would express this in impulsive anger/abuse towards others. The low self esteem of 4s mixed with the high self esteem of 7s would create a black and white self image scenario (borderline personality disorder) and the avoidant tendencies of 9s can make them appear moody and unpredictable towards intimate others because the more they desire closeness the more they fear rejection and pain. The title of healer seems ironic in this situation because to most others they would appear childish, flaky, excessive and self-centered. Oh yeah and if anyone knows how to get the fuck out of it let me know.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
@Sonny, whenever I read in the 9 forums - there you are! Even though this isn't technically in the 9 forum...
=D

I've found a lot of value in continued learning about my Enneagram and therefore myself, I have basically no interest in MBTI beyond just knowing it so the Enneagram and mafia forums are pretty much all I come here for.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
=D

I've found a lot of value in continued learning about my Enneagram and therefore myself, I have basically no interest in MBTI beyond just knowing it so the Enneagram and mafia forums are pretty much all I come here for.
I've gotten a lot more interested in it lately. All I'm certain of is 9w1. Dizzy thinks I might be this tritype...Crossy thinks 2 instead of 4. It's hard for me because I feel like I relate with most everything.

But yeah, I'm definitely noticing a lot of advantages to this over MBTI...I just feel so enneagram-dumb still.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
I've gotten a lot more interested in it lately. All I'm certain of is 9w1. Dizzy thinks I might be this tritype...Crossy thinks 2 instead of 4. It's hard for me because I feel like I relate with most everything.

But yeah, I'm definitely noticing a lot of advantages to this over MBTI...I just feel so enneagram-dumb still.
If you're cool enough for it, you can be this tritype :cool:

Reading stuff from decent authors is the best way to get understanding of the Enneagram on a deeper level and without the stereotypes. Personally I like Maitri and Palmer the most so recommend either of them, Palmer first tho. Pay more attention to your core and instincts when learning about it, as it really is way more significant than things like Tritype.

Reactions: girlinthemoon

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

Reading stuff from decent authors is the best way to get understanding of the Enneagram on a deeper level and without the stereotypes. Personally I like Maitri and Palmer the most so recommend either of them, Palmer first tho. Pay more attention to your core and instincts when learning about it, as it really is way more significant than things like Tritype.
Thank you for the suggestions! I will check them out!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

I've been watching Sandra Maitri videos on YouTube...thank you, Sonny! <3

·
Banned
60 Posts
I took the PSTypes Enneagram test today, and had an "a-ha!" moment in my brain. After much back and forth, I have decided on the 479 as my tritype. My highest gut, heart and head types were a Nine with balanced wings, 7w6 and then 4w5. No one person of a tritype will be the same as next, but I've always had the impression of 469s appearing more cold to others than 479s. That was the deciding factor of me choosing 479 over 469. It was kinda hard to accept that though. "No, I don't come off as warm to others! I come off as a socially inept, detached type!" People's reactions to me apparently say otherwise.

I've always thought I had Four in my tritype due to the stereotype of them being depressed messes. Four is actually the one Enneagram type I have a hard time understand--'they want to be unique and special; what else?' With my lack of understanding on the Four, combined with the bit inside me that wants to push more of my weirdness to the forefront, I can see me being Four-last now.

7w6 was another one I had a hard time coming to terms with. When I was introduced to the Enneagram, I had always thought I was a core Five. Why? I liked to research things. Needed no more justification than that, and I latched onto being a Five for a good two days. ;) Perhaps the researching for fun was actually just a Seven integrating to Five, or part of my 4w5ness. I am also a pretty goofy person. Jokes about boobs and dog penises are what I love to entertain with. I guess that makes me a Seven.

I have a deeper understanding of the Enneagram than what comes across on here; I just don't know how to put it I to words. You know when you're lost for a while and then you find it and you're finally at peace with the others? That's me with the 479 description.

Hope others will chime in with their insights on their tritype, as well.

(Oh, and yeah, Katherine Fauvre is right. I kinda object to being called a healer. It comes out and others can see it, but if I don't see it, then who cares what others think?)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I think I might be this tritype. :eek:

I was bored so I wrote a bit of a description just now. =)

-Imaginative, likes to daydream
-Personal growth and happiness are extremely important to this tritype
-Needs life to be fun, meaningful, and fulfilling
-Strong need for freedom, avoids obligations and commitments
-May struggle dealing with real world tasks and responsibilities; procrastinate until they're in the right mood
-May be prone to escapism and fantasies
-When less healthy: may feel that the world is a harsh and stressful place that doesn't allow them to live the way they want
-When healthy: inspired, creative, optimistic, and peaceful; capable of inspiring others to discover their potential and find joy in life

61 - 80 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.