Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow 4w5 INFPs, how do you deal with painful past experiences? How do you turn them into opportunities for profound growth and healing?

Other than answering those questions let's just create a "You know you're a 4w5 INFP when" thread, shall we?

You know you're a 4w5 INFP when you long for that ideal romantic partner who never comes your way :sad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
You know you're an INFP 4w5 when...
you can't decide between an artistic career and an academic career.
you're good at analytical research but it doesn't feed your soul unless you can present it in a beautiful and poetic way
people who don't know you well think you're practical and detail oriented, while you feel like you're emotional and tragic
you are a perfectionist and will only put out a good product that reflects your personal aesthetic...
which means you're often late with deadlines
or stated another way, your work must be accurate AND feel/look/sound right
you never stop being awed by all the incredible complexity and beauty of nature
you can over-think to the point where you are afraid to put yourself "out there"
You keep doing more and more personality tests to figure out if you're more 4 or more 5
Nothing you do is ever the definitive... it can always be improved....

Hoping someone else posts and can put a little more positive spin on it, because I'm in a long-term existential 4/5 quandry!

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
You know you're 4w5 when...

-You crave authentic relationships that are deep, lasting and unshakable.
-You want to find out your true identity and how you fit in this world.
-You want certain people to know how "unique" you are.
-The only thing that gets you up in the morning is the answer to "who am I?"
-You alienate certain groups of people who you used to work with because you want that private time to introspect and pursue your own projects.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Love yourself unconditionally.

You know you're an unhealthy 4w5 INFP when you long for that ideal romantic partner who never comes your way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As for your question, the way I've come to terms with dealing with things in the past that hurt me is trying to think of them as something out of a history book. I try to think of all the people doing what they did to me and to other people I cared about, and I constantly ponder "what emotional reason would they have for doing this?"
Society may say it's unhealthy, but making myself feel like they had their own just reasons for doing what they did reasonable actions if I were in their shoes.
When it comes to things that I can't ever seem to stop regretting, I write about it. I vent through my characters when I write and it helps me feel better. I don't know why, but trying to re-live the same things through character's head makes things seem smaller to me.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Fellow 4w5 INFPs, how do you deal with painful past experiences? How do you turn them into opportunities for profound growth and healing?

Other than answering those questions let's just create a "You know you're a 4w5 INFP when" thread, shall we?

You know you're a 4w5 INFP when you long for that ideal romantic partner who never comes your way :sad:
when sadness feels more beautiful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts