Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP-T/4w5/478/Ne-Fi-Ni-Se-Ti-Te-Fe-Si
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read each description of the Enneagram and thought I was the closest to 4w5.
However, when tested on the website, 7 is almost always higher than 4. The result is 7w8.

Certainly I'm not very interested in art. However, I have a reason to be confident that I am 4. I used to have a problem that "I am different from the people around me." And now I think "I want to be myself as I am even if it is not accepted or people don't understand me. Individuality and unique opinions are important for everything" through this experience.
I express my individuality directly in words, not indirect things such as pictures and music. Because I think that the individuality is the original idea itself, not its expression method. Also, since it takes time to express in art, I am worried that I cannot clearly convey what I want to convey, so I do not like that method.
I am most afraid to lose myself as I am by adapting to others.

The high 7 is influenced by my feelings of "I don't want to be bound by the rules" and "I want to live happily".
But I'm not as optimistic as 7. Others often say, "You look happy," but that's not the case. In fact, I have a lot of troubles which no one else knows. I want to live happily but I can't.

The high 8 is due to my feeling that I don't want to rely on others. I think people should do their things by themselves and I don't want to be relied on by others. It feels a burden to be relied on. By no means do I have leadership.

Many tests say I'm 7w8, but I want to make sure I'm 4w5 and not 7w8.
What is the difference between type 4 and type 7?

·
Registered
mistyped as INFJ/612 for yeeears
137 Posts
It sounds like your tritype could be 478. I never pay attention to tests because they always rely on simplified versions of the types. What you said is not contradictory to being a 4, though it's not enough information for me to make a judgment.

Since 7 is all the way down the list as my seventh highest type, i feel like there are a lot of differences! Albeit you may not notice if you are a 4 with a 7 fix or vice versa. 4s focus on the bad, 7s focus on the good. 4s withdraw and sit with our feelings when stressed, while 7s try to find more stimulation and distractions. 4s feel like we're fundamentally different from other people and are tortured by it, 7s are tortured by the anticipation of being without pleasure. 4s have an edge of relishing our suffering, while 7s are allergic to negativity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts