Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you relate to any of this?

- You feel real but unreal at the same time, somehow the results of your life astound you nonetheless.

- Your own intuition surprises you too many times.

- You care more about expressing what you meant to express in the subtle messages you give across, rather than connect with people who might not understand you.

- You tend to get overly paranoid about stuff that are hidden.

- You care about implementing your deepest inner vision, sometimes a little too much.

- You like the idea of being independently unconventional even though sometimes it scares you.

If yes, might it be that I'm 100% 4w5?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Totally relate.

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hidden intentions make me very uneasy as well, no matter if it's someone intending to beat me or someone intending to hug me (though neither is likely to happen).

One thing I really notice about me though is that everything seems to be double in my life. Instead of being between two opposite extremes, I am the two opposite extremes at the same time. Whatever I feel about someone or something, I have the opposite feeling at the same time..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hidden intentions make me very uneasy as well, no matter if it's someone intending to beat me or someone intending to hug me (though neither is likely to happen).

One thing I really notice about me though is that everything seems to be double in my life. Instead of being between two opposite extremes, I am the two opposite extremes at the same time. Whatever I feel about someone or something, I have the opposite feeling at the same time..
Kind of like this?

"So much for the content of the psyche. Now let's turn to the principles of its operation. Jung gives us three principles, beginning with the principle of opposites. Every wish immediately suggests its opposite. If I have a good thought, for example, I cannot help but have in me somewhere the opposite bad thought. In fact, it is a very basic point: In order to have a concept of good, you must have a concept of bad, just like you can't have up without down or black without white.

This idea came home to me when I was about eleven. I occasionally tried to help poor innocent woodland creatures who had been hurt in some way -- often, I'm afraid, killing them in the process. Once I tried to nurse a baby robin back to health. But when I picked it up, I was so struck by how light it was that the thought came to me that I could easily crush it in my hand. Mind you, I didn't like the idea, but it was undeniably there. "

Source

·
Registered
264 Posts
- You feel real but unreal at the same time, somehow the results of your life astound you nonetheless.
The first part yeah, the second part I'm unclear about. Could you elaborate?

For me, "real but unreal" reminds me of the feeling I get sometimes. The only way I can explain it doesn't do it any justice - feeling like you don't exist. Like your actual being is suspended in time while your physical body and the rest of the real world keep moving around you.

Not too many times, but plenty I suppose. I love the little things. I get excited and say aloud to myself, "Ha, mentally called that shit!"

- You care more about expressing what you meant to express in the subtle messages you give across, rather than connect with people who might not understand you.
I think Subway may have fried my brain for the day, the way this is worded is confusing me. :blushed:

I wouldn't mind having friends that I couldn't really connect with (you all know what I mean). Connection and understanding aren't words to be thrown around, anyways, in my opinion. For those people, I would prefer to keep what I say shorter, or more subtle. With those I have a real connection with, I honestly can't stop myself from trying to fully express all of my feelings and thoughts as they pass.

Not sure if that's what you're getting at...

If it is hidden, I want to know everything about it. There is a reason it is hidden, even if it's just because of ignorance.

- You care about implementing your deepest inner vision, sometimes a little too much.
Yes. My boyfriend would agree a million times, but he would call it "when she talks about shit."
(not as serious as it sounds. I think it's kind of funny how annoyed he gets. I can see it from his point of view.) I feel bad sometimes, I can't make myself stop. That could be Ne? I've always associated it with ranting.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Kind of like this?

"So much for the content of the psyche. Now let's turn to the principles of its operation. Jung gives us three principles, beginning with the principle of opposites. Every wish immediately suggests its opposite. If I have a good thought, for example, I cannot help but have in me somewhere the opposite bad thought. In fact, it is a very basic point: In order to have a concept of good, you must have a concept of bad, just like you can't have up without down or black without white.

This idea came home to me when I was about eleven. I occasionally tried to help poor innocent woodland creatures who had been hurt in some way -- often, I'm afraid, killing them in the process. Once I tried to nurse a baby robin back to health. But when I picked it up, I was so struck by how light it was that the thought came to me that I could easily crush it in my hand. Mind you, I didn't like the idea, but it was undeniably there. "

Source
Exactly like that! It keeps me from completely enjoying something and it keeps me from feeling completely bad about something (though I have my moments of darkness).

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Kind of like this?

Source
Yes, that is something. We have such influence over our surroundings and it always develops from the ambivalence of "good" and "bad." I never noticed it like the author of the quotation, but I can sense its relevance to everything. An intricate, necessary balance. It's almost beautiful

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, that is something. We have such influence over our surroundings and it always develops from the ambivalence of "good" and "bad." I never noticed it like the author of the quotation, but I can sense its relevance to everything. An intricate, necessary balance. It's almost beautiful
And a bit depressing.

But according to that source, that's how our shadows form. When we keep rejecting those thoughts, it forms a complex, a different personality. In extremes, it could be considered multiple personality disorder. When we learn to accept these parts of ourselves, we become whole,and our self. It's really interesting actually. This is Jung's shadow theory.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
And a bit depressing.

But according to that source, that's how our shadows form. When we keep rejecting those thoughts, it forms a complex, a different personality. In extremes, it could be considered multiple personality disorder. When we learn to accept these parts of ourselves, we become whole,and our self. It's really interesting actually. This is Jung's shadow theory.
Fascinating. Chiaroscuro, even. haha Jung and Freud were colleagues? Another question crosses my mind. What type is Carl Jung?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm not really sure. There has been some dispute over that. Some say INTJ, or INFJ, etc. We don't really know.
Now, that can't be right. If he invented the N/S-F/T system, surely we must know his middle letters. I mean, how can you invent a personality typing system and not type yourself?

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
DISCLAIMER: This is an old thread, but these were really good questions.

Wow, that's an amazing way to put it. Yes, exactly.

Constantly. Mine runs my life.

Yeah, I don't ever try to really talk about myself or my feelings. I'd rather subtly put something out there. If someone picks up on it, nice. If not, I don't lose much, and it's not as draining.

If my SO wants to keep anything from me, I assume it's the absolutely most terrible thing possible. I need transparency to feel secure and able to trust at all.

I care about implementing my deepest inner vision... and I haven't even decided what exactly that vision is yet.

- You like the idea of being independently unconventional even though sometimes it scares you.
I've never fit in. I don't know what it feels like to fit in. I'd have to lie about who I am, and I couldn't do that.

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah. I usually feel like there is both a "good" and an "evil" side in me that responds to situations differently. The good side isn't really good though, its just quiet, perfectionistic, and unobstrusive. The evil side also isn't really evil. Its just curious, wild, and opportunistic. Unfortunately the good side wins almost everytime, which makes me a dull girl :sad:

Reactions: Invidia

·
Registered
917 Posts
Now then:
This shadow theory is extremely interesting for me. Mainly because my "shadow" is the source of my pain and misery, it doesn't help that it talks back to me either.
Yes you read that correctly.
It's truly getting to such a point where I'm becoming worried about my sanity.
I look at a friend and instantly I think "I know how to kill them in the most awesome, gory and horrific way possible."
No matter how many of these thoughts I have, they repulse me in every way, but if I lose control of my emotion, I may lose control to this monstrous person inside my head.

·
Banned
442 Posts
I am a 4w5 and a lot of that does to a generality describe me.

I would always like to add things that other type 4w5's may have:

- I have a lot of anger and have a hard time telling people upfront I am angry with them, instead prefering to keeping it hidden only to leak out later in revenge that I don't conciously know I am being vindictive till after the fact.

- I love Gothic stuff, black, skulls, crossbones, dark arts, black magic, mysticism, testing the envelope how far I can go with people

- Huge horror movie buff. I love the sight of blood in movies.

- Pyromaniac. I put things on fire as a kid.

- I always dream of one day getting even with my enemies and vision myself being victories over those who have wronged me pernamently punishing and scarring them for life. A unrealstic daydream I know will never come true.

- I am very obsessive compulsive

- I have a tendancy to use people and just see them as pawns for what I want with little concept of what a deep relationship really is.

- I have had a tendency to get in relationships with anybody just for sex.

- I am very to myself and often a hermit.

Reactions: StandingTiger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, it's rather sickening. Can never decide which side of the fence is greener...or "blacker" as the case may be.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts