Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a 5 factor personality test a few minutes ago, and the result of my first factor was this-

Extroversion:

You have medium extroversion.
You're not the life of the party, but you do show up for the party.
Sometimes you are full of energy and open to new social experiences.
But you also need to hibernate and enjoy your "down time".

That sounds more like an introvert that enjoys social activity, to me, though???

However, that is a pretty spot-on description of me, but I would probably edit/comment on it so that it would be more like this-

You're not the life of the party (because of mild social anxiety and because that doesn't really seem super fun to me anyway), but you do show up for the party. (because parties usually make for great memories, because they can be thrilling, because of the whole "aesthetic" of parties, because I like laughing with and listening to a whole bunch of people, etc.)

Sometimes you are full of energy and open to new social experiences. (yes. I am also open to new experiences that aren't social as well, like bungee jumping, white-water-rafting, skiing, etc. I love adrenaline and I feel it in both social and non-social instances.)

But you also need to hibernate and enjoy your "down time". (of course. I don't see how anyone could not need this? And although I enjoy "down-time" a lot, it gets boring after too long.)

Would this put me more on the extroverted or introverted side of the spectrum? (I feel like ambivert describes me pretty well, but I know that technically isn't a real thing)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That sounds more like an introvert that enjoys social activity, to me, though???
Not necessarily. But you're right, it's not indicative of extroversion.

No one is a 100% introvert or extrovert. What matters is where your main focus lies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts