Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(For starters i always get INTP but few times i will get INFP popping up)

I never met anyone as unusually quiet as i am so i wouldn't even know what to compare off of

I think allot but often its non useful thoughts worrying thoughts and i'm trying to change that, constantly racing ... i usually have open a bunch of tabs on multiple topics on the screen.

I used to be a good writer

I wasn't to good at science or math i actually sucked really bad at math but for some reason i would write my best things in science class so instead of paying attention in science i would write.
Science interests me though.

I'm not good at putting periods though etc.

I can't express what i feel verbally and i can't express my thoughts either

I feel like a stupid smart person or a different kind of smart, I'm still trying to figure myself out.

I'm hard on myself and i feel like i'm not living up to my potential

I'm a massive slob

I don't like people much and probably cus they never get me anyways and i don't care so why bother so i keep my distance but at the same time i feel like i can feel what other people feel at times and get affected but its rare.

I feel sadness but to other people i appear cold and selfish because i don't say or know how to say things and i am often misunderstood. relationships go bad because of my "lack of communicating" no one ever knows me few i think can better no me like other INTP's or INFPs that i talk too online.

I avoid arguments and avoid the person i'm arguing with instead of wanting to sit there and talk to them about whats bothering me because usually i get over things quickly and i wish they would too and move on but at the same time i can be sarcastic, cynical and say harsh things and not realize how bad i sounded. and at the same time i can also hold grudges against people too.

At work i hate saying hi to people and i don't address anyone by there names and on break i go somewhere away from them. If someone tries to sit near me and talk to me i feel uncomfortable and make an excuse to walk away, and i don't click with girls much at all and i am a girl but i don't feel like one except for some of my emotions feeling girly. but i don't feel like we are one sex anyways i feel like we are all both but are bodies give us a more dominant sex.

I'm very into the supernatural the strange the brain, music and reading

I normally wouldn't even be posting something

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
you're only human. but i am sorry. you will never truly be a robot. robots have no feelings. final answer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting i wondered if i could be a robot i wasn't sure though, thank you for clearing that one, ill just build one :).

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,544 Posts
Whichever you are, it seems like some counseling would help you a lot. I strongly recommend it, because from what you write I can see depression in you, either in the future or already (I've been there).

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I think you confuse emotions with Feeling. Feeling equals values. A depressed INTP might come off as INFP due to the excessive emotions they're feeling. A hurt INTP might come off as INFP because they're more in touch with the emotional and irrational side. A mature INTP might come off as a Feeler because they count their emotions while making decisions. Anyway. Based on your post:
You don't seem to have values, just a lot of emotion. Not INFP.
You seem very passive. More INTP than INFP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If i wasn't i would of ran off, i don't get offended I could care less if i was being made fun of I'm on a different level of things i'm not a bullied child in grammar school, in fact i think bullies are like babies that don't know any better or like kids with guns and its pathetic. i'm in a new phase of life, learning about myself and becoming stronger, i can take criticism i was just simply curious, people can think whatever they want to think its there minds.

My humor... you have no knowledge of how that's even like to assume i wasn't prepared.

-Simply curious

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
are you an Fi or a Ti. That is the question. If you are wanting to discuss feeling a lot, then Fi would probably be the way. I never discuss feelings with someone who is arguing with me.

I think you confuse emotions with Feeling. Feeling equals values. A depressed INTP might come off as INFP due to the excessive emotions they're feeling. A hurt INTP might come off as INFP because they're more in touch with the emotional and irrational side. A mature INTP might come off as a Feeler because they count their emotions while making decisions. Anyway. Based on your post:
You don't seem to have values, just a lot of emotion. Not INFP.
You seem very passive. More INTP than INFP.

that's a good point. If I can take a leap based on what you said, perhaps Ti deals with principles, Fi deals with values. :)

edit: actually, by the definitions in this article http://www.nytimes.com/1984/08/12/magazine/on-language-principle-vs-value.html
I'd like to swap that around. Ti deals with values and Fi deals with principles. It sounds counterintuitive, but... the definitions of the words make sense.

Thing is though, by that definition, I have more principles than values... I think. but i have a strong Fi. And I am a Christian. so that might explain me.
I don't know. It seems like the INTP would have values over principles, but it could be tho opposite.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"are you an Fi or a Ti. That is the question. If you are wanting to discuss feeling a lot, then Fi would probably be the way. I never discuss feelings with someone who is arguing with me."

Was that to me?, well i don't communicate in a normal way communication feels alien to me so if i told too much than anyone else would that's just me being a social alien and it is over the web, i woudn't sit and tell what i put on this thread to a stranger i just met, to there face. in fact i don't tell much of myself to anyone on how im feeling or my thoughts like i said in the first post i made. And to give an answer on what i was i felt i needed to give some description.

I'm not trying to argue i'm just responding, i think this website is helpful.

·
Registered
227 Posts
For reasons others have mentioned, if you were definitely either intp or infp then I would lean toward intp. However, you strike me as neither.

These are the two types I can most easily identify just by getting a general sense of a person.

The main reason I'm doubtful you're an intp - and please don't take thid as an insult, I'm just making observations and comparing them to what I know about intps - is your disregard for punctuation and proper sentence structure. Every paragraph is one long run-on sentence, which can make understanding your intended meaning a challenge. Intps usually strive to be as clear and complete in explaining their ideas as possible, particularly in writing, and so find it very important to apply a solid grammatical structure to their writing. It's not like an intp to dump all his ideas on a page and let his readers sort all the information out. Being understood as clearly and completely as possible is his first priority.

You should consider the possibility that you are another type completely - neither intp nor infp. If you are in a difficult period in your life, as someone suggested, you may be relying on functions you wouldn't normally make much use of, which can skew your results on an online personality test. Those tests aren't very professional and certainly not foolproof besides. Often test takers answer the questions based on how they like to see themselves rather than how they actually are.

I'm writing this on a touchscreen, so please forgive any apparent hypocrisy about intp grammar, typos etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What does grammar have to do with what i am? my bf he spells like shit and still points out how i don't put periods everyone does and has since i was in elementary school.

So i would have to learn how to put my proper punctuation before i can take a personality test, secret elite club?

Ok so which type has bad punctuation and mental problems? all of you are mentally balanced on this website is that correct?.

How would i go about taking the test at the right time then?, after therapy?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts