Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's this? All most exactly ten years ago I was put on a 5150. The reason why is because I took my mom's 2mg Xanax and not my .25mg for sleep. After I took one of here pills I forgot took another and another black out then got sent there. So before this my life was perfect as far as being happy, I was nearly ever in a depressed mode, It felt like I was going off a complete adrenaline release all the time. When I was under the 5150 the staff were pretty bad they had that 'God' complex yell at you scream at you and.. Make fun of you, Where ever they had the chance even if it was because you put food in the microwave to early. Pretty much got them away from me as fast as I could..

Nurse: You know your here for a reason
Me: Yes, But not the reason that you think I told you what happened
Nurse: It's a professional dissension
Me: The Doctor is God?
Nurse: Absolutely not!
Me: We then he is human, And showing how fallible we are.

Made sure there supervisors where around when they tried to legitimize my 5150. They gave me Effexor XR because they thought I was depressed. at a high dose, And six-hundred milligrams of Seroquil for sleep. Then I meat a girl in there that I liked she was in the for something less then I did but would be concerted a threat to self. That was the first girl I kissed, Got dragged off to one of the offices so the doctor could tell me that you get aids doing that, The conversation was just like the one with me and the nurse. That was ten years ago. Went from being able to say that I was happy to living ten consecutive years in a depressive state. I don't think it was the girl like most probably would have guessed at, Took a few anti-depressants after this they made me feel worse but didn't the affects from those went away after I stopped taking them. I'm not sure any ideas what happened in there?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm guessing the staff was just corrupt and ignorant. I don't believe they said or did everything you describe, but they can be pretty careless from my experience.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There must have been some reason they thought you were suicidal and didn't just overdose. If I'm interpreting this right, "going off a complete adrenaline release all the time" sounds like a fair description of mania to me. Maybe it was great for you, but it could have scared everyone else. Why were you prescribed Xanax in the first place?
There are a lot of uncaring assholes that work in psych hospitals, but also a lot great people who are trying to make a difference. Seroquel really is a shitty med that nobody seems to like except the docs, but I think you shouldn't give up on antidepressants, you still might find one you like, and therapy might be helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts