Personality Cafe banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. New to this group.
I am an INTJ-A, 5w4 (with 5w6 a close second), tritype 514 sp.
I would say I am very cerebral with an appreciation for aesthetics and art. I enjoy my "pretty pretties". And while I dig my eye-candy, brain-candy is more important to me. My excitement and passion flares for things that I find interesting and can research.
Research is what I do for fun. I am always full of questions.
Mostly I enjoy researching why people do the things they do. Odd creatures we are. And so reactive. People do things and they don't even wonder why they do them or what they expect to happen as a result! Boggles the mind. Psychology interests me intensely and I have done quite a bit of studying on the matters of interpersonal communication, especially with "difficult" people, not to mention studies in "difficult" people themselves and what makes them that way and where they are coming from when they act.
I may be judgey but I won't hold it against a person. I am pretty easy going in that sense.
I'm fairly amoral (as opposed to being immoral or moral) because I don't need somebody else deciding what is right and wrong for me, I trust my own personal values and integrity. Those with integrity don't need rules. And if a rule doesn't make sense I will ignore it.
I find myself, in fiction, almost always rooting for the villain. I have been this way as long as I can remember. Villains have goals and a plan of action, they are determined and driven toward this goal and nothing, not even a superhero can discourage them from trying to achieve it.
I tend to sit back and observe. Only acting when I have a plan, and then I do so with boldness. And by plan I mean a plan A, B, C and contingency plans for each of those and then an emergency plan D, you know, in case things go awry.
I am a huge lover of comedy and my sense of humor tends to be on the dark side. I can laugh at some pretty terrible things if they are funny. Cackle. Ok, I cackle.
I am shy as in I don't normally initiate nor enjoy contact with people and prefer to be left to my own devices and leave people to theirs. There are a few exceptions to this rule because I find some people exceptional. In those cases, I am not shy at all and enjoy open, fun, easy going, supportive friendships.
But if asked for advice, I will lay that aside and give people some good practical advice that probably isn't what most people will tell them, but advice they are usually glad to hear because it makes sense and it is on their side, since they are the one's that asked.
What I say and do with others and what I think and feel on my own don't always match up, but I always have a reason for everything I say and do, and even when I have to be mean, I am kind about it, if in a cold way. I may be blunt, but I am never rude. I am the kind of person who can tell somebody they are an idiot and make them feel proud of their efforts not to be one, instead of ashamed of their failings in that area. It is hard to pull one over on me. I'm suspicious of everyone's WIIFM (What's In It For Me) and know that strings come attached to most "good" deals. That said, I am admittedly bribable and I am pleasure seeking. I may be more utilitarian than say, Kantian (unlike fellow INTJ Batman), but when it comes to philosophy, I mostly embrace Absurdism (#camusisbae). I am the iconoclast, just like the 5w4 is described to be.
I don't set about choosing to be a leader, but often times I find myself in that role because either others assume me into the position or because everyone else is so goddam inefficient I can't stand it and just take take over. I'll do beyond expectations for a good job but then I am also willing to pass off the responsibility to someone else should a candidate present themselves. I prefer to rule from the shadows, not the forefront. When we INTJs take over the world (as we plan to do, I assure you) I called dibs on choosing who lives and who dies ages ago. I trust me with that, so I assure you, so can you.
When it comes to emotions, I have them and they can be intense, so for the most part I choose to note them when they arise and set them aside to analyze later. I am not a fan of feeling emotions physically. Zero stars. A weakness of mine is that I am overly sensitive to criticism. So I tend to focus on analyzing situations before deciding how I feel about them. I have a protective shell around my emotions because when it comes down to it, they run deep.
I would say I am a walking paradox in that I am the kindest cold person, the nicest mean person, nonjudgiest judge, hard nosed push over, easygoing boss, and the most curious aloof person you will ever meet.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hello. New to this group.

I am an INTJ-A, 5w4 (with 5w6 a close second), tritype 514 sp.
I would say I am very cerebral with an appreciation for aesthetics and art. I enjoy my "pretty pretties". And while I dig my eye-candy, brain-candy is more important to me. My excitement and passion flares for things that I find interesting and can research.
Research is what I do for fun. I am always full of questions.
Mostly I enjoy researching why people do the things they do. Odd creatures we are. And so reactive. People do things and they don't even wonder why they do them or what they expect to happen as a result! Boggles the mind. Psychology interests me intensely and I have done quite a bit of studying on the matters of interpersonal communication, especially with "difficult" people, not to mention studies in "difficult" people themselves and what makes them that way and where they are coming from when they act.
I may be judgey but I won't hold it against a person. I am pretty easy going in that sense.
I'm fairly amoral (as opposed to being immoral or moral) because I don't need somebody else deciding what is right and wrong for me, I trust my own personal values and integrity. Those with integrity don't need rules. And if a rule doesn't make sense I will ignore it.
I find myself, in fiction, almost always rooting for the villain. Villains have goals and a plan of action, they are determined and driven toward this goal and nothing, not even a superhero or "good guy" can stand in their way of achieving it.
I tend to sit back and observe. Only acting when I have a plan, and then I do so with boldness. And by plan I mean a plan A, B, C and contingency plans for each of those and then an emergency plan D, you know, in case things go array.
I am a huge lover of comedy and my sense of humor tends to be on the dark side. I can laugh at some pretty terrible things if they are funny. Cackle. Ok, I cackle.
I am shy as in I don't initiate nor enjoy contact with people and prefer to be left to my own devices and leave people to theirs.
But if asked for advice, I will lay that aside and give people some good practical advice that probably isn't what most people will tell them, but advice they are usually glad to hear because it makes sense and it is on their side, since they are the one's that asked.
What I say and do with others and what I think and feel on my own don't always match up, but I always have a reason for everything I say and do, and even when I have to be mean, I am kind about it, if in a cold way. I may be blunt, but I am never rude. I am the kind of person who can tell somebody they are an idiot and make them feel proud of their efforts not to be one, instead of ashamed of their failings in that area. It is hard to pull one over on me. I'm suspicious of everyone's WIIFM (What's In It For Me) and know that strings come attached to most "good" deals. That said, I am admittedly bribable and I am pleasure seeking. I may be more utilitarian than say, Kantian (unlike fellow INTJ Batman), but when it comes to philosophy, I mostly embrace Absurdism (#camusisbae). I am the iconoclast, just like the 5w4 is described to be.
I don't set about choosing to be a leader, but often times I find myself in that role because either others assume me into the position or because everyone else is so goddam inefficient I can't stand it and just take take over. I'll do beyond expectations for a good job but then I am also willing to pass off the responsibility to someone else should a candidate present themselves. I prefer to rule from the shadows, not the forefront. When we INTJs take over the world (as we plan to do, I assure you) I called dibs on choosing who lives and who dies ages ago. I trust me with that, so I assure you, so can you.
When it comes to emotions, I have them and they can be intense, so for the most part I choose to note them when they arise and set them aside to analyze later. I am not a fan of feeling emotions physically. Zero stars. A weakness of mine is that I am overly sensitive to criticism. So I tend to focus on analyzing situations before deciding how I feel about them. I have a protective shell around my emotions because when it comes down to it, they run deep.
I would say I am a walking paradox in that I am the kindest cold person, the nicest mean person, nonjudgiest judge, hard nosed push over, easygoing boss, and the most curious aloof person you will ever meet.
That was awesome. And not just bc I relate to ~90% of what you said :) Welcome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any 5's with 541/514 as part of their tritype? If there are what is it like? For me I spend a lot of time in my head and away from people and I often do research out of curiosity. And I have good artistic taste (including dark art) though I'm no artist and I often look for the meaning in things. I also sometimes feel the need to advocate on the behalf of others (if only I wasn't lazy and careless).
Hi! I’m an INFJ-T 5w4, sx/sp tritype 541 born June 6 1985 13h33min...ask away!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts