Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 is the ennea of fascination. what fascinates you, why, and how has it changed thorought your life, and do you notice any consistent patterns?

my 5 has been pretty inexistent thorought my life, thanks to it being my last ennea. but these are definately 5 inflicted traits: love of intellectual word play. the more bizarre words, or the more mental agility is exercised by intellectually playing with my wordful expressions, the better. however, i very rarely care to do this stuff.

like i like to explain ordinary things in scientific terms cause its sexy.

example: the majority of peoples mating requests are like this: "sex with you without a condom.. would be fun. =)"
i responded back to the person: "go fuck a sheep."

but my mating requests, if i ever got to the point that i actually want to do something else than just shower them with my feelings, lols.. would be like this:(look directly to their eyes and just calmly state:) "it would please me very much if you mounted me."

actually i suspect, that 5w-whatever might be my primary, and im not using it just cause i find it too depressing to use it. since the world is too crap, and ill never get to fix all these problems humanitys stupidity has caused me so why bother trying to get what is impossible.

ive started to open myself to imagination more recently, such as, instead of hating everything, ive started observing how beautiful colours cars can have. its very pleasing.

so, tell me everything and anything about things in and out of your mind that fascinate you now, or had!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I am fascinated by fact how math inside enneagram works.
1/7=0,1428571428571...
There are also, in fact, 4 different groups of triads.
891/234/567
135/792/468
147/258/369
126/378/459
You can notice, that each pair of types is only in one of these triads.

How probable is it to meet somebody with exactly same type as you?
18 (possible types with their wings, if I don't count types perfectly between wings and types without wing)
*12 (rest of them after one from first triad is determined)
*6 (rest of them after two are determined)
*6 (all possible instinctual variants)
*9 (9 levels of developement)
------
69984 different types
This number is reason, why I look weirdly at everyone, who thinks of Enneagram as if it was another "We must put all people into a box" theory. With 7 milliards (billions) of people on Earth that means there are 100022.862 people exactly like you. Including you. (well, not exactly... that would be it, if each type was equally probable)

I am fascinated by good systems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For me, it's art. Whether I read, listen or watch. When it's really good, there's that indescribable something about it, don't you think? :)

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
I am fascinated by fact how math inside enneagram works.
1/7=0,1428571428571...
There are also, in fact, 4 different groups of triads.
891/234/567
135/792/468
147/258/369
126/378/459
You can notice, that each pair of types is only in one of these triads.

How probable is it to meet somebody with exactly same type as you?
18 (possible types with their wings, if I don't count types perfectly between wings and types without wing)
*12 (rest of them after one from first triad is determined)
*6 (rest of them after two are determined)
*6 (all possible instinctual variants)
*9 (9 levels of developement)
------
69984 different types
This number is reason, why I look weirdly at everyone, who thinks of Enneagram as if it was another "We must put all people into a box" theory. With 7 milliards (billions) of people on Earth that means there are 100022.862 people exactly like you. Including you. (well, not exactly... that would be it, if each type was equally probable)

I am fascinated by good systems.
LOL

Then you gotta add cognitive type into the equation.

On the other hand, this would seem to assume equal distributions/probability of types, which I'm not sure at all is the case. Requires further research into how culture and upbringing inform enneagram, as well as at least some real results to verify these ideas so that we can use them to predict..

·
Registered
620 Posts
What fascinates me? A lot.

It has changed in that I now know a lot more than I used to and am now very picky with what I consider worth learning. I now am drawn to things that I consider useful or practical.

Why am I fascinated?

Because 5 is connected to 8, knowledge is power. Non useful, impratical information does not increase your power. 8 is the lesson 5s should learn so that they can streamline their efforts and move away from 7.

5 is also connected to 7, 5 enjoys knowledge and the entertainment and experience of learning, knowing and teaching.

To be fascinated, to be gripped by your 5ness, is to combine 7 & 8.

Being fascinated is the...anti emotion? Of being made powerful by increasing your knowledge through experience.

It is like finding secret lightening hidden within mere information, that lightening then striking your brain and charging it like a battery.

This overabundance of mental energy is what makes the 5 powerful enough to move to 8 and erratic enough to move to 7.

5 itself is still, like the lightening rod; waiting, learning, gaining power.

With power you become able to help others. This is an advanced life lesson for 5, it is the lesson meant for 8s so that they can go to 2.

That is how you can be unashamed of your merciless quest for power, because with great power comes great responsibility (lol) and a duty to use that power for good.

When that power is used for good you become truly strong, emotionally strong, strong in your identity and secure in your self, 4. So the cycle continues...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
LOL

Then you gotta add cognitive type into the equation.

On the other hand, this would seem to assume equal distributions/probability of types, which I'm not sure at all is the case. Requires further research into how culture and upbringing inform enneagram, as well as at least some real results to verify these ideas so that we can use them to predict..
The "(well, not exactly... that would be it, if each type was equally probable)" part was about the distribution stuff. Just clarifying it.

Cognitive functions? You mean only 16 MBTI types, or any order of functions?
If any order, it would mean 69984*40320= 2821754880 different kinds of people, which is huge number. HOWEVER there are things to consider... silly things... Imagine, what would 1 with dominant Se function behave like. Or 7 with Ni. Or 4 with Se. You see, there is no clear correlation to Enneagram and MBTI/functions, but there are some things that just don't go together (or at least don't look like it). Finding out about such correlations would be process too complicated for me, and I've got other stuff to do :p sorry

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
By the way, type 5 is about existential separation and avarice, the detachment/attachment conundrum, not fascination. Fascination can take place in the context of any type and may have to do with getting caught in any fixation.

Next.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
The "(well, not exactly... that would be it, if each type was equally probable)" part was about the distribution stuff. Just clarifying it.

Cognitive functions? You mean only 16 MBTI types, or any order of functions?
If any order, it would mean 69984*40320= 2821754880 different kinds of people, which is huge number. HOWEVER there are things to consider... silly things... Imagine, what would 1 with dominant Se function behave like.
Met one.

Or 7 with Ni.
Think I've met one.

Or 4 with Se.
Know one.

You see, there is no clear correlation to Enneagram and MBTI/functions, but there are some things that just don't go together (or at least don't look like it). Finding out about such correlations would be process too complicated for me, and I've got other stuff to do :p sorry
It's okay, I was just kinda joking with you.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
I don't think 5 has anything to do with fascination. 5 seeks understanding, which is necessarily has nothing to do with and is very far removed from fascination. Fascination seems like something a 9 could do, however, at least in the way it's implied in the OP.

With that said, what Flatlander already pointed out, fascination probably has nothing to do with anything type-related.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Met one.

(1 w/ dom Se)

Think I've met one.

(7 w/ dom Ni)

Know one.

(4 w/ dom Se)

It's okay, I was just kinda joking with you.
ESXP 1 "No, your style of partying is wrong!"
ISTJ 7 "Let's not care about what I say at least this one time!"
Am I supposed to feel bad now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.