Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one responded to my last thread so I thought I'd make a new one. I feel INFP fits me quite well, but I'm unsure of the whole type 5 thing. What do you all think?
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Personal growth. I seek to learn from my mistakes, and even better, from the mistakes of others. I seek to be all I can be, and experience all that I can (within healthy limits).

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Again, growth. On a more specific level, my life goal is to be the guy who lives off in the woods with his almost-wild animals and all kinds of crazy knowledge about the wilderness. Can you tell I'm an introvert?

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I would hope to avoid being trapped, and especially I would hope to avoid having to climb over others. I have no desire to squish others beneath me. I value integrity, respect, maturity, kimochi (sp?), and humility.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I fear being misunderstood. I fear being constricted. I hate limitations. I fear being seen as crazy.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I do not care much how others see me, as long as I can achieve some acceptance. I see myself as a changing entity, and I see myself as someone who tries to see what is behind the curtain, whatever that may mean at that time.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Some of my greatest memories are from a wilderness camp I went on. Cheesy, I know, but there was something very special about that place, and those people. As for what makes me feel my worst, at least from prior experience, the feeling that I disappointed my parents.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
Anger is a hard one for me. I've felt it many different ways before, and how I respond to it has changed quite a bit over the past few years. In the past, I would go into a rage. Then, I would simply go and sulk. Now, I tend to discuss it if that is possible. If not, I will try to discuss it with someone uninvolved, and achieve some level of understanding. Then, I will mull it over, and determine whether it is even worth being angry over.
Shame... I tend to retreat when I feel shame. I tend to hole up inside myself, and avoid all people for fear of disappointing them further. I suppose you could say I put up a wall, and during that time it is very hard to get through to me.
Anxiety I typically try to discuss as well. I just accept that some anxiety for many things is normal, and that, in the end, everything will work out as needs be, regardless of how it may seem.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress depends on the kind of stress. Sometimes I work all the more, and can achieve quite a bit during stress, sometimes I freeze up, sometimes I get frustrated and drop everything.
Unexpected change doesn't affect me too much. As I said above, I trust that everything will work out. Eventually.
Conflict is something I'm not real good with. I can usually discuss something with someone, as long as there is a chance that there won't be a blow-up, but otherwise it's very hard for me. I never get physical unless in defense, but if it does get heated I usually say (or yell) my piece, and then walk away from it all to cool down. That is, of course, if reasoning will not work.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
I do not respond to authority at all without a good reason. That said, I won't defy authority simply because it's authority, and I have to rebel. It's just that what I am being told to do must match my values, or else I am quite inclined not to do it unless I am offered a good "why". My parents are my sole authority figures in life, and even then, they tell me to do something I really don't want to do, they better have a good reason for it.
I don't mind power, though. In fact, I respect power. I just won't listen to it if it conflicts with my principles.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I see it as being very positive, even in a horrible life. I think that, while we do have our own free will of course, everyone gets something out of life. Whether that be the happy upper class family, the homeless man, or the totalitarian dictator.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
I would rather not answer this on a forum. Sorry!

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
Absolutely. Without trust, no true relationship can take place. Trust is absolutely necessary, and I tend to think of myself as a rather trusting person. I trust my family implicitly, and expect the same of them. I tend to trust anyone close to me implicitly, or very nearly so, unless they give me a reason to do otherwise.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
Whew, it's hard for me to talk about things I like about myself without feeling like I'm bragging. Here goes, I suppose:
Like:
Sensitive
Trusting
Honest
Understanding
Intelligent (unless it's math)
Loving
Stubborn (sometimes irrationally)
Humble

Dislike:
Sensitive
Stubborn
Closed-off
Unapproachable
Shy
Self-critical
Awkward
Inconsistent

I'm sure there's more, but this is what I can think of right now.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
Hmm, this is tough. =/ I don't really know. I think that I can generally see the reasons behind actions easier than many of my friends and sometimes even my family, but I think that may be partially because that's something I look for. The most common question for me to ask, whether myself or another, is "why?"

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
If that's the way they feel, that's the way they feel. I won't try to change their opinion except by example. That said, it can hurt to have that kind of thing happen. As for complimenting, I usually feel better about myself... But it can be hard for me to take compliments. I can receive them alright, but I usually feel of the opposite mind.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
Ah, so many things for both. It's hard to answer this one. I guess I'm thankful for my parents, who guide me on my path. And I wish I could have knowledge. First-hand knowledge of the wild.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts