Personality Cafe banner

6 minute IQ Test

10199 92
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
Yeeeaaaah, I think this is a little fishy...
Text Font Line Number Document
Reactions: Moonrise
Range of 116-132...I'm on a substance right now, though
It said I was "in the range of" 133 to 149, though that may be due to the fact that I had to restart the test and therefore used less time (though I tried my best to leave the clock count down to where I originally was).

I honestly don't care for the whole idea on an IQ score at all. I've refused to ever take a real one. I don't see any real practical use in it. I mean it seems to either inflate egos or deflates confidence as if it really is a limiting factor for someone when it comes to anything requiring mental abilities. Yes some people may be born a little bit more mentally quick or be better at logic but I think for the most part intelligence is learned. IQ may indicate someone's current ability and mental quickness but I think it's far from concrete.

The real point I'm trying to make is that I've known people with high IQ's who really weren't that intelligent because they were lazy yet there's also people with lower or more average IQ's who are extremely intelligent because they worked hard to build their knowledge.
I don't like the correlation you make between intelligence and work ethic. I believe they're completely separate traits. Because person with lower intelligence works hard and succeeds in life, does not change their intelligence, doesn't change their potential for learning and comprehension. All it means is that they had better work ethic.

Am I making sense at all? :)
Well that was a surprisingly short test. :)
Based on your performance on the IQ test we estimate your IQ score to be:
Your IQ score lies within a range of 133 up to149, or it may be even higher!
It said mine was between 133 to 149, and I have been officially tested at 140-145, so seems legit.
I do think IQ is a fairly stupid measure, because their are more types of intellgeince that IQ doesn't measure.
Reactions: goombagirl
"Based on your performance on the IQ test we estimate your IQ score to be:
Your IQ score lies within a range of 127 up to 143."

*ego feels great*

(honestly I don't believe I have that high iQ, probably just have easier time with visual puzzles.. still feeling dumb enough in the real life XD)
133-149 but I just guessed most off instinct, so..
I'm in a range of 103 to 119. *shrugs*
133-149 *yawn*
Reactions: Delilah
lol, wanna play chess or somethin' since we're elite?
133-149 *yawn*
Reactions: Halcyon
I wasn't speaking about success about success as much as I was learning. People's people's intelligence isn't fixed by their IQ. IQ shows their current abilities but it's not proven to go beyond that. We develop our minds from the day we're born until the day we die. Our experiences and how we choose to use our mind directly affects it's development. Psychology Today has an interesting article about it. So what value is IQ other than to show how our minds are developing? It could be a useful tool for teachers but I don't think it's something that kids should be told or that adults should put a lot of importance on. I think there's too many misconceptions about it and can be more dangerous than good when used for other than child development.

www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beautiful-minds/201110/intelligence-is-still-not-fixed-birth
It said I was "in the range of" 133 to 149, though that may be due to the fact that I had to restart the test and therefore used less time (though I tried my best to leave the clock count down to where I originally was).

I don't like the correlation you make between intelligence and work ethic. I believe they're completely separate traits. Because person with lower intelligence works hard and succeeds in life, does not change their intelligence, doesn't change their potential for learning and comprehension. All it means is that they had better work ethic.

Am I making sense at all? :)
Lol we're not really though considering almost everyone else got that too. This test seemed kinda stupid/inaccurate. Less than 10 questions? Really?
lol, wanna play chess or somethin' since we're elite?
It said I got somewhere between 133 and 149, and I definitely know I'm not a genius :p
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.