Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,139 Posts
Hey, I've been having the same problem but I don't think any of the enneagram types are as set in stone in their typology as the myers-brigs. It's more like a fluctuation in typology that's why there's all those lines in the circle--the psyche is dynamic. It's like what happens when you are having bad psychic hygiene or stressed or in crisis that you see the more negative aspects of a personality. That's why I think you see people get divorced when economic problems arise. For a more indepth explanation of this I suggest:
Descriptions of the Enneagram Types

· Registered
4,139 Posts
I mean that the enneagram is supposed to point out what our strongest motive in life is. This motive drives us toward goals. When we are moving in an unhealthy way (so many different unhealthy ways but for 7's it's stretching yourself too thin and not finishing anything for example) then you end up with the more negative aspects of the type. Our personalities fluctuate based on circumstance. This is true about all people. The enneagram is dynamic because the world is dynamic and our psyches are dynamic. Things change, people change, people's reactions and motivations change. It's hard to explain. But the idea is to try to be healthy and, knowing your motivation in life you can find the corresponding enneagram type to see the fluctuations of your psyche based on the obstacles that will potentially arise by following that motive to some end.

· Registered
4,139 Posts
Thanks Scruffy I was having the same problem and Coco I am getting all the same results as you! I do think that the future will work out, too. I'm so glad I read this. Coco, everyone is selfish sometimes. Being that you fluctuate towards 2 probably demonstrates you care about other people and 7w6 is called the entertainer. Oh, wait wouldn't a 6w7 be called the buddy. Now I'm confused again. Hahahaa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.