Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken a few enneagramm tests a while ago and always came up with 7 as my biggest score and 5 just following. In the meanwhile, I've read that 7 are usually extroverts and that most INTPs are 5. More recently I took an ennagramm test with variants and I got 5 sx, but I don't know if this was influenced by all my. reading about MBTI. And of course 7 (sp) was my second result. Anyway, here it goes.

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Learning new things.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I don’t have a big plan, but I always have new projects and I get bored if I don’t. I want to achieve the goals I set, to learn and to create.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I’m sometimes apathetic and I don’t always live up to my potential. I don’t want to look back and feel like I haven’t achieved anything. Important values include honesty and uniqueness.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I’m mostly scared of dependancy and of getting stuck in a routine. Also pain.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I’m not too worried about how people see me. I guess I want them to see me as I am. I see myself as independant, resilient and a bit odd.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Mastering a new skill or having a plan for a new adventure makes me feel great. I feel bad when I’m bored and I don’t have any exciting plan in sight.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
I’m laid-back, but I’ve got a short temper. I don’t get angry at people much, mosty at events, when I’m frustrated. I can feel shame by association, if a friend or acquaintance says something embarrassing. I’m not an anxious person.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) I get a bit hyper under stress, especially « positive » stress (like a move, a new job, a big travel…) Else, I retreat. b) I’m pretty adaptable 80% of the time, but the last 20% I’m super reluctant to change. c) I hate conflict. I never fight with the people I’m closest to. If I do, I’m not that close to them anymore. Then again, I can be pretty assertive with people I don’t care about.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these? I don’t like people telling me what to do and I don’t feel the urge to tell others what they should do. That being said, I’m actually ok with legit authority, but that may have to do with how I’ve been raised.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I really don’t know what to answer. If this is about religion, I’m an atheist.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The test with the variants is the first where I have actually scored 5, but I've always wondered as both scores are always so close. In the description of the 7, I relate to the escapism, the creativity and the fear of dullness and constraints. In the decription of the 5, I relate to the need for privacy and the fear of intrusion.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a she :)
To add on, what I don't relate to in the 7 description is the high energy. Although people describe me as dynamic and energetic, I don't feel that way. I'm really good at starting stuff, but then I run out of energy and don't complete them. What I don't relate to in the 5 description is the lack of self-confidence. I don't dwell on the negative and pretty much like myself.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the result I get the most from tests. The one (recent) time, I got 5, it was 5w6 sx, though.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Hello, I'm aconite, I'm a Sx/Sp Seven and I usually get 5 in tests ;)

I'd say you're 7w8. The biggest difference, IMO, is that Fives are focused, while Sevens are scattered.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm definitely more scattered than focused. (I wish I were more focused.) But I had a look at the "you know you're a 7 when" thread and people seem for lack of a better word "bouncier" than I am. It may be because 7s are usually described as extroverts and I'm an introvert, although an outgoing one. Or maybe I'm bouncier than I think am? So hard to tell the type from the stereotype!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I'm definitely more scattered than focused. (I wish I were more focused.) But I had a look at the "you know you're a 7 when" thread and people seem for lack of a better word "bouncier" than I am. It may be because 7s are usually described as extroverts and I'm an introvert, although an outgoing one. Or maybe I'm bouncier than I think am? So hard to tell the type from the stereotype!
You're type 7. Type 7 integrates into type 5: when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), gluttonous, scattered Sevens become more focused and fascinated by life, like healthy Fives.

"I wish I were more focused" is a clear indication of this.

Reactions: TiNeSi

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, that's really helpful. I've read a description of the 7 sp/sx and I can definitely relate. I think I must read more into core motivations and fixations. Gaining knowledge is definitely central to my life, but more for the sheer enjoyment than to feel competent. Not sure if that is insightful, but I had kept those results of a test that I took:
1: 0%
2: 1%
3: 13%
4: 9%
5: 18%
6: 8%
7: 18%
8: 15%
9: 13%

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Thanks, that's really helpful. I've read a description of the 7 sp/sx and I can definitely relate. I think I must read more into core motivations and fixations. Gaining knowledge is definitely central to my life, but more for the sheer enjoyment than to feel competent. Not sure if that is insightful, but I had kept those results of a test that I took:
1: 0%
2: 1%
3: 13%
4: 9%
5: 18%
6: 8%
7: 18%
8: 15%
9: 13%
My results are usually similar, with 5 and 7 being the highest, although I tend to score lower on 3 and 9 than you (and higher on 4). I'm a Sx/Sp 7.

Reactions: TiNeSi

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To follow up. I sent my BFF a general description of 5s and 7s and she said she thinks I'm 70% 7 and 30% 5.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Yeah, I did a similar thing lately. I asked my family members and friends which motivation and bad traits sound most like mine and pretty much everyone chose 7 ;) Good that you figured it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts