Personality Cafe banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again PerCaf. I have known this system for 7 years now and I still don't really sit well with any type. I am older and wiser now, perhaps this will be the time.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I feel mutable, easily influenced by my circumstance and emotions. One day, I can be very logical and confident and another afraid and highly emotional. When the latter happens I bottle up those feelings and become reclusive. When I am feeling well, I feel invigorated the company of others and nothing helps me develop ideas better than talking them out with someone. I act as someone who is moved purely by logic but my emotions are always raging inside of me, and influence me more than I wish they would.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want love and significance. I want create things that I will be able to look back in pride. Be someone that I can admire and count on. I yearn for inspiration and the ability to inspire others.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I connect with others in a personal level and discover things about them that no ones has ever tapped into before. When I am the life of the party, connecting with many people. When I write or create something that I consider artful. When I make situations from audacity
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I feel fearful or nervous and cannot get rid of the anxiety. When I think about how I don't measure up to the people I love, that they are too good for me. When I let laziness win.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about what would be the most interesting turn of events. What would be something that I can look back and think "yeah, that was awesome how I did that." If it is a serious matter, then I try to be as logical as I can, though it feels dry.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I like to have my ideas to be heard and implemented if there is no better alternative or logical objection. I don't want to be the leader, nor do I want someone to lord over me. I regard everyone as an equal and expect the same.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Going out and dancing ridiculously with my friends, then settling down to race our minds through ideas like stories for game development, potential breakthroughs in science, video skits that we could make.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like to research and then immediately try to extrapolate on possibilities using the concepts. This way I memorize them since they are attached to my own ideas.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I very disorganized and scattered in all possible ways. The only time when I am not, is when i become obsessed with something, then everything is a chaos around me except for the perfection of that one thing.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
That's hard to answer. I compare it the intuition from the knowledge of things that I have already learned. If I feel like I lack knowledge enough to validate the concept, I research further into it.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I try to hold on to what I believe, but nerves sometimes get the best of me and I crack to favor harmony.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I vacillate between the two. One side of me is very wired and wants to say everything as purely as I can and the other one wants to sit back and say things artfully with self possession. There are some rare instances they are both satisfied.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to jump in after a quick evaluation of potential opportunities. I would say that it does speak more,
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go with them if it is something I would enjoy. I can always watch the show later.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Very differently. I am usually very confident and outspoken, but I can become very serious if I am feeling nervous. People sometimes consider me standoffish. I also becomes less intelligent when stressed out, which stressed me out. So I try not to think about it.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I hate people who take advantage of others because they can. People that use the general goodwill of people as a ladder and feel no remorse. I also dislike people who will not put their beliefs into question.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Books, I can tell a lot about the way someone talks about their favorite book.
18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
My finances. And I am paying for it
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They think I am a dauntless extrovert that has no doubts. When I am probably the most nervous of them and I need to be outspoken to dissipate anxiety and make jokes to get escape depressive feelings.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would like to make videos or art with my girlfriend and friends. Get into ridiculous situations and come up with more ideas for future days.

Thank you for reading. I tried to be as honest as I could. Ask me anything if you are interested in psychoanalyzing me.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
xSFJ, leaning towards Fe dom. Lots of Fe. Ne seems rather engaged. Ni is an introverted function. They don't extrovert their ideas in such a way. They come from the inside. Also seeing Si/Ti.

Reactions: Humaning

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xSFJ, leaning towards Fe dom. Lots of Fe. Ne seems rather engaged. Ni is an introverted function. They don't extrovert their ideas in such a way. They come from the inside. Also seeing Si/Ti.
interesting, I have never been pegged as an SFJ. I can see where you would see Fe and Ne but where do you detect Ti and Si?

·
Registered
404 Posts
What I see is a lot of Ne in your post. Extrapolating possibilities. Enjoying learning new things about just about everything. Just look at question 7. That's describing classic Ne.

Also, the serious response to stress indicates what your inferior function could be. Typically, the "serious" functions are Ni and Si. I mean that they appear "serious" to others, while Se and Ne are the "fun" functions. So, someone with a dominant Ne function like you would describe themselves as a lot more serious when stressed.

Also, you described yourself as poorly organized and bad with money in the past. That's also consistent with your type, which is ENFP.

The Fi is auxiliary as evidenced particularly by questions 2 and 3, wanting to connect with people, valuing love, etc. Sometimes this can be confused with Fe, but in reality it's Ne combined with Fi.

Tertiary is Te, which is why you would say that you vacillate between your emotions and your logic. ENFP uses both Fi and Te. It's the dominant Ne combined with the inferior Si that gives an ENFP their personality quirks, which would be things like inattention to detail (Si) a lot of the time, then at times extreme unbalanced attention to detail to the point of obsessing of it as an example.

Really confident of ENFP. The thing that stands out most is the Ne, which makes sense since Ne is dominant for ENFP. To be using Fe as well, you'd have to be ENTP (Fe tertiary) and that doesn't appear likely here as the ENTP has a very prominent Ti (auxiliary), and there is zero evidence of Ti anywhere in the post. In fact, you sound a lot like ENFPs that I know.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
interesting, I have never been pegged as an SFJ. I can see where you would see Fe and Ne but where do you detect Ti and Si?
If you use Fe and Ne, you use Si and Ti. That's a given.

5 is Ne+Si. Trying to be serious and logical yet feeling dry strikes me as inferior thinking.

8. Ne+Si. Possibly Te, but I'm not willing to be 100 percent certain. I do the same, but I'm not a Te type. When you research, do you ever poke holes in the logic, or break it down?

9. Scattered is going to make people jump to Ne dom. Ne is scattered, but SFJs use Ne. My mother? Textbook ESFJ. Unhealthy one, but ESFJ nonetheless (not because she's my mother, either). She's scattered. Very much so. So much she thought she had ADD, but she's not an Ne dom. Obsession and perfectionism of one specific thing strikes me as Si.

10. This feels like Ti to me. Trusting internal logic first, and finding external logic when you can't reach a conclusion independently.

15. Less intelligent when stressed strikes me as inferior thinking.

17. Gaining impressions from others based on what they're into, and using that information to generate outcomes of who they are as a person. Si+Ne.

Now I could be wrong. You could very well be ENFP. ExFx (ENFP or ESFJ; no Se/Ni anywhere) is my best guess. I confuse Fi and Fe a lot, like most people. But SFJs are stereotyped and commonly mistyped, so I can never resist the urge to play out the idea that someone is an SFJ. I still wouldn't rule it out.

At a party, what's more important to you? The idea of the party, or connecting and engaging with people? Do you like to get people emotionally involved in parties?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@eb44345 Thank you for the thorough analysis, I'll consume and digest it. Mmmm

@hoopla Also thank you for taking the time to investigate my responses. In a party, I focus on doing something that I have not done before and push others to do the same. Do some game that we have not done before, make music, dance to a certain music, or dress to a new theme. Everytime I throw a party I do a new theme, to the point that it a running gag with my crew ( I am mentally prepping them for the orgies :D ) Casually today is my birthday so I am preparing for a Anything but Cloths debauchery. I do like to tell my friends how I love them and how awesome they are, but we do that all the time anyways. We are a loving bunch. I also like to talk one on one with people, some of the most intellectual and interesting conversations have been the most rached of parties. I think that when you liberate the social inhibitions, you also unleash the creative and analytical power of the mind.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Liberate social inhibitions? Tell me about that. How do you free people from what they're morally expected to do?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Liberate social inhibitions? Tell me about that. How do you free people from what they're morally expected to do?
Not anything inherently immoral, but liberate them from social bugs in their persona that don't allow them to do certain things. I accomplish this by placing them in situations where they have little frame of reference. By saying something ridiculous very seriously, or by having a theme like customes, where people feel like its okay to not really be themselves. It is the reason I like to costumes and cosplay so much, people become who they truly are.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Not anything inherently immoral, but liberate them from social bugs in their persona that don't allow them to do certain things. I accomplish this by placing them in situations where they have little frame of reference. By saying something ridiculous very seriously, or by having a theme like customes, where people feel like its okay to not really be themselves. It is the reason I like to costumes and cosplay so much, people become who they truly are.
what do you consider immoral?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what do you consider immoral?
Doing harm onto others. Stealing, killing, injuring, or otherwise depriving them of their ability to have the best life they can have.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Doing harm onto others. Stealing, killing, injuring, or otherwise depriving them of their ability to have the best life they can have.
What if these people said, "Oh, but it was what felt right. It was the right course of action". How would you react? What's more important- reaching your needs, no matter what, or thinking, "well, this feels like the right thing to do, but what if it's wrong? What if it hurts people?"

It's not that Fi doesn't care, but Fi is not as object invested as Fe.

I hope others jump in and contribute. I want more variables to work with here.

·
Registered
404 Posts
All the newness that you desire is very common for Ne. Se likes newness too, but it's more physical typically, something like going on a vacation to somewhere new for example.

Classic ENFP is the type of person who wants to inspire other people to be who they truly are, to be true to themselves. They are oriented outwards/externally due to the dominant Ne, but the auxiliary Fi also plays a big role in who they are.

I've found that people misunderstand the functions a lot. Ne/Se/Ni/Si are all about gathering information. Ni and Si gather information from within themselves, while Ne and Se gather information externally from their environment. Se and Si see what is really there, what is reality. They are detailed and observant and usually realistic. Se sees things in the most vivid detail in the present moment, like a photograph while Si integrates what it sees in the present with past information. Ne is like Se in that it works in a flash, in the moment. It is spontaneous and craves newness. Ni is more like Si and develops a concept over a long period of time.

Ti/Te/Fi/Fe are very different from the N and S functions. Ti/Te will focus on how something works while Fe/Fi will be into the values/ethics or what SHOULD be. Ti will focus on the process of how something works, analyzing it logically, analyzing every little piece of something. Te is more into "what can I do with this?" than how the details of it work. You'll notice that dominant Ti types will tend to be very pensive, thoughtful, analytical while dominant Te types will be direct and efficient.

Fi and Fe are focused on right/wrong, good/evil, etc. Fi gets its values from within the individual. It's going to see the world in a way of everyone being true to themselves, expressing themselves. Fi is very, very individualistic and non-conformist while Fe is very conformist, group-oriented. Fe will be uncomfortable with disagreements of values, seeking to harmonize these differences. The Fe type may compromise themselves for the sake of group harmony or they may attempt to change other people for the sake of harmony. It's a common misconception that Fe is unselfish while Fi is selfish. Not true at all. Fe gone bad can manifest in the type of person telling other people how to live their lives (for their own good), while Fi gone bad can be really selfish.

So, for the ENFP, they are going to be most strongly influenced by their dominant Ne, which is going to make them a more 'live in the moment', experience life, try new things type of person, particularly they'll be into new ideas, things of an intellectual nature. Combined with the Fi, they'll encourage other people to be true to themselves (individuality), do not compromise or conform. They'll be fascinated with gathering information (Ne) about other people. The tertiary Te doesn't usually play too big of a role since it's tertiary, but it is common that a maturing ENFP will become more organized and responsible, more scheduled, more direct, more efficient, but a young disorganized ENFP can be quite a hot mess.

The inferior Si completely contradicts the dominant Ne so it is suppressed, so the ENFP will usually abhor routine, detail. Typically not very cautious or observant of their environment or even their own bodies/clothes. My ENFP friend once walked into the wrong restroom and didn't even notice the other people in the room were women (he's a guy) because he was just not paying attention. When stressed, their inferior Si can come out in extreme ways resulting in an obsession over details and an inability to make decisions. So, it's hard to say that you are ENFP for sure since I don't know you, but the things in your posts sure sound like ENFP.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All the newness that you desire is very common for Ne. Se likes newness too, but it's more physical typically, something like going on a vacation to somewhere new for example.

Classic ENFP is the type of person who wants to inspire other people to be who they truly are, to be true to themselves. They are oriented outwards/externally due to the dominant Ne, but the auxiliary Fi also plays a big role in who they are.

I've found that people misunderstand the functions a lot. Ne/Se/Ni/Si are all about gathering information. Ni and Si gather information from within themselves, while Ne and Se gather information externally from their environment. Se and Si see what is really there, what is reality. They are detailed and observant and usually realistic. Se sees things in the most vivid detail in the present moment, like a photograph while Si integrates what it sees in the present with past information. Ne is like Se in that it works in a flash, in the moment. It is spontaneous and craves newness. Ni is more like Si and develops a concept over a long period of time.

Ti/Te/Fi/Fe are very different from the N and S functions. Ti/Te will focus on how something works while Fe/Fi will be into the values/ethics or what SHOULD be. Ti will focus on the process of how something works, analyzing it logically, analyzing every little piece of something. Te is more into "what can I do with this?" than how the details of it work. You'll notice that dominant Ti types will tend to be very pensive, thoughtful, analytical while dominant Te types will be direct and efficient.

Fi and Fe are focused on right/wrong, good/evil, etc. Fi gets its values from within the individual. It's going to see the world in a way of everyone being true to themselves, expressing themselves. Fi is very, very individualistic and non-conformist while Fe is very conformist, group-oriented. Fe will be uncomfortable with disagreements of values, seeking to harmonize these differences. The Fe type may compromise themselves for the sake of group harmony or they may attempt to change other people for the sake of harmony. It's a common misconception that Fe is unselfish while Fi is selfish. Not true at all. Fe gone bad can manifest in the type of person telling other people how to live their lives (for their own good), while Fi gone bad can be really selfish.

So, for the ENFP, they are going to be most strongly influenced by their dominant Ne, which is going to make them a more 'live in the moment', experience life, try new things type of person, particularly they'll be into new ideas, things of an intellectual nature. Combined with the Fi, they'll encourage other people to be true to themselves (individuality), do not compromise or conform. They'll be fascinated with gathering information (Ne) about other people. The tertiary Te doesn't usually play too big of a role since it's tertiary, but it is common that a maturing ENFP will become more organized and responsible, more scheduled, more direct, more efficient, but a young disorganized ENFP can be quite a hot mess.

The inferior Si completely contradicts the dominant Ne so it is suppressed, so the ENFP will usually abhor routine, detail. Typically not very cautious or observant of their environment or even their own bodies/clothes. My ENFP friend once walked into the wrong restroom and didn't even notice the other people in the room were women (he's a guy) because he was just not paying attention. When stressed, their inferior Si can come out in extreme ways resulting in an obsession over details and an inability to make decisions. So, it's hard to say that you are ENFP for sure since I don't know you, but the things in your posts sure sound like ENFP.
Yeah, honestly you make a great argument. I don't see myself using Ti very much. I am programming at them moment and what strikes me is what you say about Ti trying to scrutnize every single aspect of concept. I find myself asking a lot of times " yeah yeah very nice but what is the function. What can do with this?" It is only when I answer this question that the concept becomes interesting and from there I can learn or speculate about alternative functions. The complexity itself does not appeal to me. I also would say that I use Fi more, but have found it to rub people the wrong way and have developed a more wide appeal. I pay attention to the crowd a lot, but always seek to stand out from them. Sometimes to the point that I freak some people out that have just met me. ENFP was what I got the first time I took the test, but it did not seem to fit, since I am at times reclusive, neurotic and distrust feelings in many instances. But it makes since that I am an iteration of that ENFP code that happens to also contain those qualities, making me identify less with the profiles. Thank you again eb44345

·
Registered
876 Posts
It is hard to say but I'm going ExFJ and I'm leaning to ESFJ but ENFJ could make sense to.

You seem like an Fe dominant user.

For more help to figure out your type describe this picture http://www.picturesnew.com/media/images/picture-wallpaper.jpg

Your answer will make it easier to know if you are a sensor or an intuitive.

·
Registered
404 Posts
ENFP was what I got the first time I took the test, but it did not seem to fit, since I am at times reclusive, neurotic and distrust feelings in many instances.
I've heard a lot of people who are ENFP or ENTP say that they are quite reclusive and sometimes they think that they have to be introverts. That's because what really matters is the functions. All introverts are different and all extraverts are different. It's the ordering of the functions and which functions are used that matter. Normally, people think of extraverted as being "energized by people" Under that definition, then the only extraverts that would exist are ESFJs and ENFJs, and everyone else would be an introvert. It's just a misunderstanding. Ne is not into "people." It's into ideas, patterns, concepts, interconnections, basically anything 'interesting.' When combined with an auxiliary Fi, it'll tend to be into things like "what motivates this person?" "How can I inspire that person?"

Being into people and being curious about them isn't Fe. Fe is into harmonizing, collective values, getting everyone to work together as a team, reconciling differences.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Being into people and being curious about them isn't Fe. Fe is into harmonizing, collective values, getting everyone to work together as a team, reconciling differences.
If that's true, then I'm not an Fe.

I'm very curious about people... I'm not saying that's not demonstrative of Fe, or that only Fe can be (absolutely not), but it is investing in the object, no? I think it depends on why the individual is interested in people, not the fact that they are.

I'm not into teams much... rather individualistic myself. I don't wear the latest clothes everyone is spouting. Well ok... some of them, but with my own twist. Looking exactly like everyone else is social suicide. :p

I want people together on another level, more like, having people understand each other, but if people all want to do their own things, I'm totally fine with that, unless it's what everyone wants to do. If someone genuinely feels left out, I'll help them out, but I'm not OMG GO TEAM all the time. It's not about people being on a team as much as people being comfortable and all of their needs being taken care of in the group. In fact, when I think Te, I think business team, which is stereotypical, but I'm not convinced "team" is just Fe alone. What kind of team? Why?

I also want people to be themselves. I feel like people are told too much to be a certain thing, to act a certain way, and I feel bad. I don't think Fe wants people to be fake, but through an Fi lens, they may view the motivations as fake. I also abhor routine and tradition, and you'd be surprised to find a large amount of SFJs reporting the same thing.

As said I'm not entirely positive on ESFJ, but it's definitely not a possibility I'm ruling out. I could see either way, but I'm not entirely sold.

I think you have the right idea, but some of what you're saying could be easily misinterpreted. It's not necessarily about "what" a person is doing as much as "why". When focusing on the "what" too much, we lead to confusion very easily. Motivation is key.

Edit: Reading Op's posts, ENFP might be it... emotion seems nuanced but I don't have the greatest comprehension of the functions. I barely scratch the surface. Muted understanding, but able to depict the obvious. I just really like throwing crazy ideas onto the table, and still am not ruling it out until I find persuasive evidence. ENFP or ESFJ... Ne and Si are clear. MAYBE ENTP, but I get a feeling hunch.

·
Registered
404 Posts
@hoopla

Totally agree with you that it's about the 'why' and not the 'what,' and I didn't mean to say that Fe is like "Go team go!" or something like that. It's harmonizing of values. And it'll appear a lot different depending on if it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

For the ISFJ type, it's not going to dominant them because they have a tertiary Ti, which counterbalances the Fe. There's a big difference between dominant Fe or auxiliary Fe.

I'm quite familiar with the ISFJ type. My wife, mother-in-law, and 4 other people that I know well are all ISFJ. They are primarily driven by their dominant Si. It's interesting contrasting them with the multitude of ESFJs I know. The ESFJs are far more aggressive and the type of people who don't like being alone, while the ISFJs are friendly, but not over the top with it (if that makes sense). If you don't know the ISFJs well, you might think that they are extraverts because what you see in them is the Fe.

And yeah there are similarities between Fe and Te because they are both extraverted judging/rational functions, just like there are similarities between Fi/Ti (introverted rational), Ni/Si (introverted irrational), and Ne/Se (extraverted irrational).

A good source of information on the functions are the youtube videos by Michael Pierce. Also, just observing people that you know who are of a particular type helps me, but then you have to have typed them correctly in the first place, so you kind of get a chicken or egg problem there. In order to type them right you need to know the functions and in order to study the functions you need to know their actual type. :) So, a good place to start is learning the functions online, get the basics of them that way. Then, you'll be able to type some people that you know well. Then, analyze them to learn a more in-depth understanding, not that you can ever arrive at a 'complete' understanding.

But from my understanding of Fe, it's about values/ethics/right & wrong/good & evil and getting everyone on the same page in those areas. It can manifest in changing oneself or changing others to conform to a group or community set of values. Now that says nothing about 'what' those values are. In fact, the values could be respect for individuality, and in that case it could appear a lot like Fi on the surface. One thing I've noticed that Fe types tend to do a lot is try to maintain the emotional states of other people. For example, last year my wife and I were kayaking with some friends. Her friend was not having any fun and complaining about the bugs, the heat, everything. I was just having fun kayaking. My ISFJ wife was upset because her friend was not doing well emotionally. She was worried about her, comforting her, wanting her to be happy. My attitude was "Oh well. She's just being a brat. Nothing I can do about the bugs. Just try to ignore them and enjoy the day." I wanted her to be happy, but it didn't personally affect me like it did my ISFJ wife. Anecdotal I know.

Also, sometimes you can understand a function by grasping the opposite function. For Fe, that Ti. Study people you know who are dominant Ti types (INTP, ISTP). What are they like when really stressed? What is the opposite of what they are like? That can help sometimes too. Just look at the issue from a different angle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts