Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Explaining....

As far as I know, most Enneagram tests have a weighting on each of the 9 types, so that there is a scoring that applies. That means that 76% of your answers may be similar to how a Type 2 would answer or that 73% are similar to how a Type 7 may answer. Note that this implies some overlap between the two types which can exist in some cases where the Enthusiast and the Helper can both get pumped about stuff. My own results can be somewhat all over the map as I can get a high score in Type 5 as well as Type 1. Not everyone will have conclusive results that aren't subject to some interpretation.

As a flip side to this, there is alternative use of the Enneagram where one takes one from each triad,i.e. one from each of 2,3,4 as well as 5,6,7 and lastly 8,9,1 to form this idea of which of each area is someone more focused. In this case, this is where one can see a different view of themselves. Currently, I suspect my tri-type to be 1-2-5 though that could be subject to change in the future. I enjoy watching things happen, learning things and helping others with things so those do seem to reflect me quite well.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
If you're score is all over the place such as that, I'd look into types 3, 6, and 9.

7 and 2 are quite different.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Enigma- Where the types are located don't make a difference- For example, Threes and Sevens get misidentified often, and many people get close scores on both, but they are not located next to each other on the circle. Here's a link to the comparisons for Twos:

Can’t figure out your personality Type? Part 2- Comparing Twos to other types | AllPersonality.com

And here's how Twos and Sevens compare:

----------------------------------------------------------
Twos and Sevens:

Why they might be confused: They could be considered look-alike types in the way they appear to others, especially on a surface level. These types are mistaken because both can be emotional and melodramatic, although the emotions of Sevens are more apt to change quickly than the feelings of Twos. It is probable that more Sevens misidentify themselves as Twos than vice versa.

What is alike: Twos and Sevens are both upbeat, energetic, friendly, and eager to be liked. They both tend to be more extroverted and focus their energy outward to others.

What is different: Both types are gregarious and enjoy being with people, but their motives are different. Twos are genuinely friendly and warm, and interested in others–they would like to be the heart and soul of a family or community, the best friend or confidant everyone comes to for attention, advice, and approval. By contrast, Sevens do not get as involved in other people’s lives. Sevens do not see themselves as the center of a community or family, but as a free-floating island whose own enjoyment is enhanced by being with others. Sevens do not like to eat or drink alone, or go to the theater alone, or go on vacation alone, but this does not always mean that they are great lovers of people. They have just learned that their activities are more enjoyable when others are around to contribute to the excitement and stimulation they seek. While average Twos want others to need them, average Sevens do not want to be needed by anyone: just the reverse, they have little patience for anyone who is too dependent on them since dependents become a drain on their resources and limit their freedom. Average Twos can be possessive of their friends because they feel they have invested a lot of time and emotional energy in them and do not want to see them drift away. Average Sevens tend to be less attached to people. (”Fine. If you don’t want to be with me, there are always more fish in the sea.”) Sevens can be devoted to loved ones like anyone else, but they refuse to cling. Once they decide that a relationship is not working, they can end them fairly quickly. They may feel sad for a time, but seldom have regrets about their decisions. Twos can leave relationships behind as well, but have a lot more difficulty letting go. Sevens are action-oriented and expressive, but they are primarily thinking types. They are quick-witted and like to fill their minds with interesting possibilities and concepts. Although Twos can certainly be bright and knowledgeable, they really are feeling types and the reward for them is in the sharing of feelings and intimacies.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps! :happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts