Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a discussion on the "What's my personality type?" forums- it was said that I lack Ti, but show a significant amount of Fi. Apparently that would make me an ENFP. This may be blurred by the fact I'm a 7w8. I honestly don't relate all that much to ENFPs, but according to my cognitive functions, I should be. I've always tested as ENTP, SCUEI, ILE. The assertion that I would be ENFP was made after I filled out a questionnaire (which was done to an extent jokingly), which I need to get to filling out more seriously.

I'm apathetic about peoples' problems, I'm not aggressive (other than breaking people down in debates), and I'm more interested in quiet contemplation than crazy cheese-sniffing. I'm not easily excited nor particularly responsive to anything I don't deem important. I've debated if I was a mistyped INTP before, but never if I was an ENFP. Never even crossed my mind, so it was surprising when that was suggested.

What would the differences between an ENFP 7w8 and an ENTP? Given my previous posts, this post, etc- would you think me to be ENFP or ENTP? Internally, how do the cognitive functions vary in their execution, I'm moderately uninformed about cognitive functions, past Ne/Si/Se/Ni.

Reactions: Dark Romantic

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I do not know any ENFP -7w8 but I'll ask about the cognitive functions, do you make decisions and judge in general more on your subjective logic (Ti) or more on your subjective values (Fi)?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Logic. Values play little to no part in my decision making process, nor in my life. I'm uncomfortable making value judgements, seeing morals etc. as societal structures with no real purpose other than keeping the masses in order. If that's what you're asking. I don't understand the basis from which the posters were typing me as an ENFP.

Reactions: possiBri

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I'm an ENFP 7w8 (with 1 and 3 fixes). I'm not much like the ENFP stereotype. I'm not hyper all the time, I'm not a slut, I'm not an emotional mess, and I'm not constantly up other people's asses.

More seriously though.... I don't state my beliefs without having research of some sort to back it up. I highly value logic. I do pay attention to my emotions, but my recovery time from my emotional moments is rather impeccable due to my strong Te. I enjoy debating and engaging in playful banter... it gives me a bit of a rush :) I'm sarcastic and have a natural inclination to be a bit crude. I do push boundaries from time to time.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I'm just as confused as you are with ENNG. I have been researching the past few days trying to come up with something that is satisfying for me. I'm currently typed as a 7w8, although after doing more reading and studying, i don't believe that is correct for me. I beginning to lean more towards 6w7 or 7w6 . The 8 just doesn't seem to fit who i believe i am at my core. It's isn't as easy process. Wish i could be of more help, the only thing for sure i know at this moment is im an ENFP with diverse patterns within the ENNG. Good luck with your search, finding a solid distinction between ENXP won't be easy, these two types can look so similar with their leading Ne.

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm an ENTP 7w8, hmm are enfps as aggressive as entp? the 8 way?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ENFPs would probably be more aggressive as an 8.

@MuChApArAdOx Honestly, 8 fits for me. I'm somwhere between 7w8 and 8w7. I also relate to ENTP. I'm just trying to get a sense of why I would be typed heavy-Fi.

@Ace Face Similar.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I'm an ENTP 7w8, hmm are enfps as aggressive as entp? the 8 way?
I used to think that type 8 was about aggressive behaviour, although realistic speaking anyone who is provoked or backed in a corner can be aggressive, all types. I'm not buying into it as much as i used to thanks to people who have done their homework with type 8.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts

@MuChApArAdOx Honestly, 8 fits for me. I'm somwhere between 7w8 and 8w7. I also relate to ENTP. I'm just trying to get a sense of why I would be typed heavy-Fi.

@Ace Face Similar.
Are you going by test results with your Fi, or are you self aware you use Fi strongly ? Test results can be skewed. I guess it would depend on how you vision Fi. Are you attaching it with emotions ? Fi in my mind isn't an emotion, its a internal center to filter and sort before actually expressing the emotion externally. You may want to do some research on what Fi really means. Too many people make an emotional correlation with Fi. There is lots of information out here, some good reading. Be sure to pick and choose what you should believe or not as not everyone has the correct information.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts

@Ace Face Similar.
If you could link me the questionnaire you filled out, I would greatly appreciate it :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Can't we just be 7w7? its refreshingly unique and original.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I used to think that type 8 was about aggressive behaviour, although realistic speaking anyone who is provoked or backed in a corner can be aggressive, all types. I'm not buying into it as much as i used to thanks to people who have done their homework with type 8.
Wing sixes are more private and somehow touchy and sentimental, but they're also idealists. 8s are more open and aggressive, often in a passive-aggressive way. When combined with 7 they can be controlling and a bit insensitive. Am i correct? Different kind of aggressive, 6s usually close up when hurt and act in a defensive manner, but not as aggressive as 8s who may act as if it doesn't bother them. 8s are more realistic and lack the absent-mindedness and free-thinking of 6, and could be more demanding in asserting their beliefs. 6s are genuine people who had strong beliefs.

Reactions: MuChApArAdOx

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm a very aggressive person generally speaking.

@Jabberbroccoli

I can usually tell the difference between 7w8s and 8w7s by the way they react when under stress. Did you fill out an enneagram questionnaire, too?
are you realistic? or more of an idealist? are you private an loyal or more of an anti-authority? Do you want power? I actually doubt I'm a real 7w8 as i think my wings are stable. Really, if 7w7 exists, I might be one.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Wing sixes are more private and somehow touchy and sentimental, but they're also idealists. 8s are more open and aggressive, often in a passive-aggressive way. When combined with 7 they can be controlling and a bit insensitive. Am i correct? Different kind of aggressive, 6s usually close up when hurt and act in a defensive manner, but not as aggressive as 8s who may act as if it doesn't bother them. 8s are more realistic and lack the absent-mindedness and free-thinking of 6, and could be more demanding in asserting their beliefs. 6s are genuine people who had strong beliefs.
I don't think there's anything passive-aggressive about 8s, lol.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I don't think there's anything passive-aggressive about 8s, lol.
Well, i saw some 7w8s and saw they are rather in a rather playful manner (the intentions could be a bit malicious though lol). While w6s usually is more straightforward and touchily defensive. Perhaps I just met unhealthy 7w8s.

Reactions: Ace Face

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
The more i read about 6, the more i know my core isn't an 8. Thanks for this information, it was really kind and helpful with my frustrating search. If you know , could you tell me the difference between a 6w7 vs 7w6 ?

Reactions: EmpireConquered

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
I too don't fit the ENFP description very well. I also use Ne Te more often than Ne Fi. Im also a CP 6w5 Sx dom which reads more like an 8. Because Si is one of my inferior function (Se is the most inferior for me) it took me a while to really recall information from the past that made the typing correct. Initially, I called bullshit, but after really thinking about it, it all started to make sense. The EFP for me, are more slightly expressed, so Im not bubbly, not a people person, not attention seeking. Basically, Im not a fucking bunny hopping through a field of wild flowers on a sunny day in June (this is how I see the ENFP descriptions, lol). If I were to list my function based on use, it'd probably be Ne Te Fi Ti Ni Fe Si Se or sometimes Ne Fi Te Ti Ni Fe Si Se. I also relate more to the NTJs than the NFPs.

I'd say think about it. Don't just discount it because you don't want to hear it. Being an ENFP aint that bad. I actually like it. The descriptions for it are shit, so take them with a huge heap of salt. Mull it over for a few days and think if you can recall any instances that could make the typing correct. Sometimes people see things in us that we don't see ourselves.

EDIT: Im also not indecisive or wishy washy. Im also very future oriented and I plan a lot. Dont believe all that you read.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you going by test results with your Fi, or are you self aware you use Fi strongly ? Test results can be skewed. I guess it would depend on how you vision Fi. Are you attaching it with emotions ? Fi in my mind isn't an emotion, its a internal center to filter and sort before actually expressing the emotion externally. You may want to do some research on what Fi really means. Too many people make an emotional correlation with Fi. There is lots of information out here, some good reading. Be sure to pick and choose what you should believe or not as not everyone has the correct information.
Test results say Ti, I think Ti- others said Fi.

@Ace Face I'm going to fill it out again with a bit more thought put into it. I'll link it then.

As for enneagram, I'm probably 7w8 sx/so/sp.

Reactions: Ace Face

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
are you realistic? or more of an idealist? are you private an loyal or more of an anti-authority? Do you want power? I actually doubt I'm a real 7w8 as i think my wings are stable. Really, if 7w7 exists, I might be one.
I am a realistic idealist :p I have lots of ideals that put me up in the clouds for all of like two seconds until my 8 wing helps bring me back down to earth. I like letting my ideas run away with themselves, but I'm completely aware of how realistic or unrealistic those ideas may be, and it somewhat spoils the fun. I'm loyal, but not so much private unless I am under a tremendous amount of stress. My behavior in these past two years proves that. I am quite combative towards people who lead inadequately in positions of authority. There was a reason most my teachers didn't like me, lol. I do prefer to have control over situations because I believe I am the most qualified to lead. I have an unmistakable confidence in myself to the point of coming off quite cocky at times. I have considered 8w7 as my core type, but I act very much as a 7 when under stress. I become a bit of an escapist and try to find things to distract me and keep me busy so that I don't have to deal with said stress. It's usually only emotional stress that can throw me off my game like that though. I can handle stress at work... hell, I LOVE stress at work. It gives me something to do.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts