Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a discussion on the "What's my personality type?" forums- it was said that I lack Ti, but show a significant amount of Fi. Apparently that would make me an ENFP. This may be blurred by the fact I'm a 7w8. I honestly don't relate all that much to ENFPs, but according to my cognitive functions, I should be. I've always tested as ENTP, SCUEI, ILE. The assertion that I would be ENFP was made after I filled out a questionnaire (which was done to an extent jokingly), which I need to get to filling out more seriously.

I'm apathetic about peoples' problems, I'm not aggressive (other than breaking people down in debates), and I'm more interested in quiet contemplation than crazy cheese-sniffing. I've debated if I was a mistyped INTP before, but never if I was an ENFP. Never even crossed my mind, so it was surprising when that was suggested.

What would the differences between an ENFP 7w8 and an ENTP? Given my previous posts, this post, etc- would you think me to be ENFP or ENTP? Internally, how do the cognitive functions vary in their execution, I'm moderately uninformed about cognitive functions, past Ne/Si/Se/Ni.

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I'm a 7w6... I think 8 wings are a little more aggressive. That would probably emphasize Te as a means to control your environment and establish your independence....and would look a bit like an ENTP. I'm not 100% sure either way.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well, after a discussion on the "What's my personality type?" forums- it was said that I lack Ti, but show a significant amount of Fi. Apparently that would make me an ENFP. This may be blurred by the fact I'm a 7w8. I honestly don't relate all that much to ENFPs, but according to my cognitive functions, I should be. I've always tested as ENTP, SCUEI, ILE. The assertion that I would be ENFP was made after I filled out a questionnaire (which was done to an extent jokingly), which I need to get to filling out more seriously.

I'm apathetic about peoples' problems, I'm not aggressive (other than breaking people down in debates), and I'm more interested in quiet contemplation than crazy cheese-sniffing. I've debated if I was a mistyped INTP before, but never if I was an ENFP. Never even crossed my mind, so it was surprising when that was suggested.

What would the differences between an ENFP 7w8 and an ENTP? Given my previous posts, this post, etc- would you think me to be ENFP or ENTP? Internally, how do the cognitive functions vary in their execution, I'm moderately uninformed about cognitive functions, past Ne/Si/Se/Ni.

Uh oh, what have you done?? Lol! You just described me. In ENFP 7w8. I don't know enough to understand the Ne/Si/Se/Ni stuff so I can't comment on that part.

I can't say I'm apathetic about people's problems as I enjoy listening and picking apart people. I sometimes feel less sympathetic because i have internal locus of control and can't comprehend people who want or crave external attention. Some is okay but I don't live my life for what other people think of me.

As extroverted as I am I sometimes wonder if I am more introverted. I love people but I need quiet time. I need time to think.

Although, I can be aggressive depending on the situation.

Anyway, all that to say that you have me wondering about myself now. I can't wait to see more responses.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Uh oh, what have you done?? Lol! You just described me. In ENFP 7w8. I don't know enough to understand the Ne/Si/Se/Ni stuff so I can't comment on that part.

I can't say I'm apathetic about people's problems as I enjoy listening and picking apart people. I sometimes feel less sympathetic because i have internal locus of control and can't comprehend people who want or crave external attention. Some is okay but I don't live my life for what other people think of me.

As extroverted as I am I sometimes wonder if I am more introverted. I love people but I need quiet time. I need time to think.

Although, I can be aggressive depending on the situation.

Anyway, all that to say that you have me wondering about myself now. I can't wait to see more responses.

People love hatin' on the ENFP like its weaker than NT types. I say poppycock to that.

·
Registered
160 Posts

You and I are exactly alike 95%. We probably have the same exact personality.
I think we are borderline ENTP and ENFP.

You are the comapssionate ENTP
You are the agressive ENFP.

738, 783
The Mover and Shaker, the super-assertive 7
3x Id

Stackings: Sx/So, So/Sx, Sx/Sp
Wings: usually 7w8
Mistypes:
Traits: dynamic, expansive, competitive, ambitious, protective, innovative, bold, decisive, outgoing, active, quick

A sort of stereotypical Type A personality. Productive people, goal-oriented – unusually focused and professional for 7s. Original thinkers, full of ideas, concerned with following their own muse. Probably common among politicians and enterpreneurs. They don't avoid conflict, and I suspect they might have trouble deciding between 7w8 and 8w7. I think they don't like descriptions which present 7s as scattered, not very intellectual, unable to fulfill their plans.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, no. I'm not compassionate either. When making this thread I didn't doubt I was an ENTP, more to see if anyone else shared the logic of the people trying to tell me I was an ENFP. In fact, this thread confirmed that I most certainly was not an ENFP, I just felt obligated to do additional research on the topic prior to dismissing it.

@Azubane A few of the guys in the ENTP shadow council typed you as an ESFJ based on your type me thread and related posts. Look into it. Fe-Si-Ne-Ti.

Oh, and the functions at the end of the OP were not my functions, but the ones I was most informed about at the time, read more carefully :p . I hadn't learned much about the Je/Ji functions at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts