Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
[dis]illusioned
3,580 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
It's more complicated than that, heh. You're probably going to get swagger competitions and not actual pain causing, if that's what you're after. Unless, you set something up....anything "set up" will get them going.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's more complicated than that, heh. You're probably going to get swagger competitions and not actual pain causing, if that's what you're after. Unless, you set something up....anything "set up" will get them going.
Exactly. I'm looking for PerC-wars. Battles of the wit. Cyber-swagger. Painless but invigorating. What could make for better internet-browsing than a cyber-swaggering competition? ;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Exactly. I'm looking for PerC-wars. Battles of the wit. Cyber-swagger. Painless but invigorating. What could make for better internet-browsing than a cyber-swaggering competition? ;)
Battles of wit? Collect some logical base (Ti or Te) 8's for the wit battles. Collect Se familiar users for the swagger. Your intensity will do nicely for the invigoration, if this flies.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battles of wit? Collect some logical base (Ti or Te) 8's for the wit battles. Collect Se familiar users for the swagger. You're intensity will do nicely for the invigoration, if this flies.
Ha! Intensity? I'll take it. I don't need Se or Ti or Te for that, do I? :angry:

·
Registered
587 Posts
You do know my Fe and Fi nerve has shriveled up to stone, right? I mean no disrespect, if that's what you mean.
I'm just trying to tell you how to see what you want come to complete reality :)

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You do know my Fe and Fi nerve has shriveled up to stone, right? I mean no disrespect, if that's what you mean.
I'm just trying to tell you how to see what you want come to complete reality :)
I'm not even sure what you mean by disrespect in this context? But don't worry, brash is my native tongue. Things that are watered down or half-assed don't really register. =P

What is your MBTI? How can you shrivel your Fe or Fi?

·
Registered
594 Posts
*takes popcorn and waits* :cool:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm not even sure what you mean by disrespect in this context? But don't worry, brash is my native tongue. Things that are watered down or half-assed don't really register. =P

What is your MBTI? How can you shrivel your Fe or Fi?
hmm, I've become the prey. Fight or flight? I've triggered an appetite, probably the Te. Eh, I've reached my objective anyways.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm, I've become the prey. Fight or flight? I've triggered an appetite, probably the Te. Eh, I've reached my objective anyways.
Objective, you say? Care to share? :proud:

Mmm, my appetite is insatiable, and the world is my prey.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I am sick of the mbti worship and bigotry people spout sometimes.. it is theory people.. not hard science.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is what I wrote about MBTI a few days ago:

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/156968-mbti-does-not-exist-its-hard-shake-meme.html#post4004124

The MBTI system is a perversion of Carl Jung's cognitive function model. MBTI boxes different thinking styles together and puts them into the context of "personality." Imo, the specific way in which your mind works will not have that great of an impact on your personality, on its own. You also have to consider motives and fears.. which is where enneagram comes in. As an ENFP 8, people often think I "seem like a 7" or "seem like a 4" because I read between the lines & I'm NF, fantasy lover etc. However nobody would describe me as a bubbly, fluffy bunny bouncing from thing to thing, like ENFP's are, because I do have the hard goal-focus and power-drive of an 8. The only way to understand "why I seem the way I seem" would be to take both into consideration - my thinking style and how I navigate people and information through cognitive functions, and also, my deeper motives and fears. Even then, two ENFP 8-4-7 sx's will not be the exact same person. There's also life experience, learned habits, personal interests, and genetics. A system can be used to help understand a person, or help a person to understand herself, but it is clumsy to use it to define that person. Enneatype and JCF are not an identity, they are a tool and a map.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Thing is, neither enneagram nor mbti actually "exist", just enneagram is a way more potent tool for personal development. And i mean, that is all there is to it, all typing systems are tools. Just, mbti is kind of static, you can't do much about it. It is interesting knowing your mbti, but you can't really change it. It might be good for knowing certain weaknesses and strengths of your cognitive processes, but really enneagram is the only theory that really helps you understand the why of it all. To me, that is infinitely more useful.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thing is, neither enneagram nor mbti actually "exist", just enneagram is a way more potent tool for personal development. And i mean, that is all there is to it, all typing systems are tools. Just, mbti is kind of static, you can't do much about it. It is interesting knowing your mbti, but you can't really change it. It might be good for knowing certain weaknesses and strengths of your cognitive processes, but really enneagram is the only theory that really helps you understand the why of it all. To me, that is infinitely more useful.
Enneagram theory offers a path of growth for each type. What does MBTI offer? Just theoretical understanding of how your mind might work. Enneagram, even if you're mistyped; the growth path of any type can help a person grow. Studying the growth paths all the types is recommended by enneagram theorists as the best way to grow. That in itself makes me think it's worth studying as a system. Also, understanding the "why" within yourself as well as others, and how this may differ , can aid communication as well as character analysis & understanding if you're an author.

It's also a great conversation starter: what's your deepest motives and fears? Really gets the ball rolling. ;) In most contexts, many people are apt to say "I relate to that!" or to tell everyone "I don't relate to any of it!" but typology provides a context for strangers to dig into themselves and communicate who they are to one another, starting with that lens; hopefully not being limited or defined by that lens.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Enneagram theory offers a path of growth for each type. What does MBTI offer? Just theoretical understanding of how your mind might work. Enneagram, even if you're mistyped; the growth path of any type can help a person grow. Studying the growth paths all the types is recommended by enneagram theorists as the best way to grow. So, it is worth studying as a system. Also, understanding the "why" within yourself as well as others, and how this may differ , can aid communication as well as character analysis & understanding if you're an author.

It's also a great conversation starter: what's your deepest motives and fears? Really gets the ball rolling. ;) In most contexts, many people are apt to say "I relate to that!" or to tell everyone "I don't relate to any of it!" but typology provides a context for strangers to dig into themselves and communicate who they are to one another, starting with that lens; hopefully not being limited or defined by that lens.
This is truth. To me, mbti was a great tool in understanding my own possibilities and limitations, but really enneagram does have all the possibilities that you list. I mean, just the fact that i relate more to the people in this sub when they write of the why, than i do in the entp sub when people speak of the how, is telling. I understand how they think, but it is useless. Here i understand WHY people think, and that is so much more interesting.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts