Personality Cafe banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
For people's sanity (both the typee and the typer), I do recommend the 40q one over the 80q, personally. For some reason people get very enthralled by the thoroughness of 80q though.
I attempt a lateral approach, occasionally, and give a bunch of philosophical questions.

It's surprisingly effective.

·
Registered
40 Posts
An Fi-leading type, an Fe-leading type, and a Ti-leading type, and indeed any other type, may well define a specific object of the psyche the same way.
Theoretically they would not, if metabolizing information differently.

Your concerns are valid but I feel like the questionnaire, despite flaws, prompts a fairly large personal writing sample that can be parsed to reveal a lot of decent typing information

-

I like the questionnaire because once I hid the :t: :p: :e: :s: etc, I was able to give honest answers that didn't feel tainted by my preexisting knowledge of socionics. Of course, as Aleksei implied, if nobody reads it, it will not matter :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Theoretically they would not, if metabolizing information differently.
It could sometimes happen but the overall trend would be different, yep.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
So, the main idea of the questionnaire is to make the person talk. Imo the content does not really matter that much but just that the person open up so one can get a sample what it means to be that person.

·
Registered
153 Posts
General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean? Means what it say
What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock? It stands for time. 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12. Though a 24 hour clock would be strange. So they divided by 2.
What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow? Rules slow us down, I rarely follow any non ethical rules.
What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write? I do follow them mostly, until I see it is crap. Then I make my own.
Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why? Only the laws that make sense
Tell us how about consistent you are? 60 percent
What is a "standard"? Why do people need it? Standards suck.
You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task? Just go by genre and series and take it from there.

You know these questions are way too much. I cant answer 80 sorry.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Taken from the WSS Facebook group. Please underline or somehow mention what blocks or questions that you felt elicited a specific reaction or are otherwise worth mentioning as being relevant when typing you e.g. you didn't like them, found the difficult or easy to answer, irrelevant etc.

Block I

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean? that general information is being specifide , specifide information is gennerelized
  2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view? logic means that a certain reaction or outcome of a sytuation gould be expected .
  3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock? as seconds wich must be counted as thousen one , thousend tho ect.
  4. What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow? a rule is a set parameter that specefise a action or reaction to a sytuation or quistion , to manny to mension .
  5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not? heirarchy is a chain of command , that makes diffrences between the level of responsebilaty and acountebilety .
  6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write? if neccecary i use instrucktionds , sure i gould write a simple manual , probly a construction manual .
  7. Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why? i dont agree , laws are set by a dominant forche that opresses the les dominant force whit a set of rules . laws should only be followd if they make logic and rational sense , if not they must be replaced or ignored .
  8. Tell us how about consistent you are? not consistance at all , im a big contradiction .
  9. What is a "standard"? Why do people need it? standard is a set of rules taken by the mass acording to the genneral opinion of the mass , ppl think they need it as a way of social security in there lives .
  10. You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task? i probly wont like doing it but i will , i probly do it logic and orddely .

Block II

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not? work is labour that takes efford in order to achief compensation wheter its satisfactional or not , there are probly some parameters i just cant think of one at the moment .
  2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality? therte is no corrolation just a big diffrence between both understandings , price goes up as quality goes up cause its more efford and cost to creat quality .
  3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it? if i buy a product i know wat the meaning of quality is to that product , so i can easy determen if im dealing whit high quality or just a cheap knock of . but parameters should be , high endurebilaty , created to last long .
  4. How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons? i feel satisfide cause work is finnishd and i can move on to something els .
  5. What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail. millitary field officer .
  6. You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly? i u se logic , i consider if the price is right for the quality deliverd .
  7. When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction? i ask how so ?
  8. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions? ah to bad whis i was that good , feelings i admire the proffesional for his or her skill .
  9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel? not much diffrent then i always feel .
  10. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions? ah no , thats so much work and heavy labour , feelings im tired by the idee itself

Block III

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion? beuty is a concept , idee standard taken by the mass , i consider beuty to be a beutiful mind personality and charakter , and physicle on second place , i dont know if my concept , idee standard corrolates whit the genneral accepted notion .
  2. Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before? thats hard to descripe , there is to much beuty in this world to mension .
  3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it? no there is no standard template , its a concept the constanly chanches over time .
  4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them? its again a standard wich is determent induvidual .
  5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    i dont follow fasion , i chose my own style .
  6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?i dont use recipys , i cook out of my loose wrist .
  7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?yep i gues im .
  8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person? not always , but sometimes i do .
  9. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why? i do it myself , i know best wat i like , dont need annyone els to tell me wat i like .
  10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others? there is no such thing as bad tast , tast is induvidual concept . i trust my own tast but dont mind hearing opinions of others to further develop my own concept .

Block IV

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen? depends in wat sytuation and cercumstances . if im given the position to do so in the chain of command , i probly can .
  2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it? incursion , if you or someone els interupt something . depending on the sytuation i can or can not deal well whit incursions .
  3. What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why? i dont know the concept of my ppl , only strangers .
  4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified? sure for anny given sytuation there is a battleplan , and sure i can aplie them when i want and how i want .
  5. Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations? no its not okay to occupy someone els terrertory , ppl should respect eithaters personal space .
  6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations? volition its willspower , under stress of combat its most effective .
  7. How do you protect yourself and your interests? aggresif .
  8. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force? depends on wat kind of opposition .
  9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person? ppl often overrestemate me thinking im strong and i try to live up to that , but even if im quit confident of myself there are times i think im weak .
  10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other? depends , mentaly strong or physicle strong , both diffrent kinds of strong .

Block V

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what
    boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically? boorishc is when i found myself in a booring sytuation and i try to explain my feelings to someone els , no my idee does not corrolate whit the genneral idee , no idee how i would explain it to a 10 year old .
  2. How would you improve the moral of the society? chanche of goverment lead by me and a few others , making big chanches to sociaty .
  3. Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so? to a certain level i can justify someones bad behaviour by the use of logic and knolicht .
  4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time? im not fammiliar whit the concept of love .
  5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc. both are right and both are wrong , it all deppends on the sytuation wich one aplies more .
  6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to? sympathy if you try to understand someone els in there sytuation and try to help out .
  7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?there are probly norms , i just dont live by them .
  8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong? i dont know .
  9. What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding ? moral and imoral can mean multible things depending on the sytuation .
  10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people? my reaction , be negative back , sure i can be negative back , sure ican give the silent treatment .

Block VI

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?depends how it should be interpeted then i can understand if i know how to interpent this scentece .
  2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions. in my own opinion , me expressing emotion is unaccaptable .
  3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?sure i like to use angre and hate against my opponents .
  4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it? how i show it depends on the sytuation .
  5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?ppl whit no real persoanlity or depth in mind .
  6. What are right or wrong emotions? there is no such thing a right or wrong emotion , all emotion is good all emotion is bad deppending on the sytuation .
  7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative? no i cant .
  8. What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen? usasaly it means telling ppl to cry , ey come on pour out your emotion boohooohoo .
  9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally? no 2 diffrent things .
  10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others? i dont track my own mood , but i notice other ppls moood .

Block VII

1. Do you like surprises?depending wat kind of suprizeses , ussaly not .
  2. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes? depends on wat kind of chanches .
  3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best? no not true .
  4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?bogus , fairytailes .
  5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real? soemtimes you can forcast a event by ussing knolitch and logic to determain/forsee a outcome of a sytuation .
  6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How? time can not be explain as its a induvidual concept its meaning .
  7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?no problem to wait , ill be anxius i admit .
  8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?no i can do that myself .
  9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?no im always on time , i react a bit tired .
  10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here… depends on the person im meeting and the sytuation in wich we meet .

Block VIII

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?live is like a train track whit 2 stations , station 1 you get born station 2 you die , purpose to reach station 2 as efficent as possible in as lees time you can do .
  2. What should be done so people can be happy? no autority or goverment telling ppl wat to do or think or basicly oppres ppl .
  3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?i only trust myself .
  4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?no i know from second 1 whit who im dealing .
  5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?i dontk now anny ppl .
    and no i dont think im intresting .
  6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.no idee .
  7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?sexual fantasies , the ussual i gues .
  8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why? i dont know im not succesfull .
  9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?probly my charakter .
  10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?to be a good person , succesfull ppl are not always good .

plz let me know the outcome of the quistionary thx .

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
One issue that's come up repeatedly: typing people as Ethical types due to talking about feelings when it was only done in response to the question explicitly asking about them.

Please take this into account when typing off this questionnaire. (Mostly an issue with the 80q, 40q has fewer such questions.)

Reactions: SheWolf

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Taken from the WSS Facebook group. Please underline or somehow mention what blocks or questions that you felt elicited a specific reaction or are otherwise worth mentioning as being relevant when typing you e.g. you didn't like them, found the difficult or easy to answer, irrelevant etc.

Block I

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
  2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
  3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
  4. What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
  5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
  6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
  7. Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
  8. Tell us how about consistent you are?
  9. What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
  10. You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?

Block II

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
  2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
  3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
  4. How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
  5. What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
  6. You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
  7. When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
  8. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
  9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
  10. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

Block III

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
  2. Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
  3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?
  4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
  5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
  6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?
  7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
  8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
  9. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
  10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?

Block IV

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
  2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
  3. What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
  4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
  5. Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
  6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
  7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
  8. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
  9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
  10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?

Block V

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
  2. How would you improve the moral of the society?
  3. Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
  4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
  5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
  6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
  7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
  8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
  9. What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
  10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?

Block VI

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
  2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
  3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
  4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
  5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
  6. What are right or wrong emotions?
  7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
  8. What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?
  9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
  10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?

Block VII

1. Do you like surprises?
  2. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
  3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
  4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
  5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
  6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
  7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
  8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
  9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
  10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…

Block VIII

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
  2. What should be done so people can be happy?
  3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
  4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?
  5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?
  6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.
  7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
  8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
  9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
  10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?

if i answer all these questions is someone going to type me? if yes, should i answer them here?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts