Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Membah Robo Force?

The blue one is called "S.O.T.A. the Creator." His name stands for "State of the Art" and he was the good guys' scientist (in my headcanon, that is), so naturally he was my fave.

'Membah "Rocks and Bugs and Things?"

'Membah Battle Beasts?

Those two were my faves. That's what we had before Pokemon. And yes, they're also Japanese. I don't recall Battle Beasts having their own cartoon series, though.

'Membah Sectaurs?

Skulk and Trancula were my faves.

'Membah "The Real Ghostbusters?"

My meemaw got a kick out of that one right there.
:tongue:
Fun Fact: I had a mullet at a time when it was socially acceptable.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a picture of S.O.T.A. since that other one decided to disappear and this BBS won't let me edit for no conceivable reason.

·
MOTM Jan 2015
10,308 Posts
Late eighties... and I had to call my mom to help me out with this. "Remember that little town where you'd control the little dolls with magnets?"

Precious Places!

3206e79c082cf61008132800b550e656.jpg

I loved the music box that came with the gazebo.

^And holy wow that melody just took me back lol.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently, I can't find Robo Force images that will actually stay. Oh, well. If you're curious enough, just do your own image search. I imagined S.O.T.A. to have an Egon Spengler type of personality (because he was my favorite Ghostbuster).

And holy wow that melody just took me back lol.
"Our memories are powerful." ~Captain Mike Hamilton, 'Lily C.A.T.'

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
Rich kids had an Amiga

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,352 Posts
My brother had a Puppy, I had a Purrie. (still have. shh, don't tell anyone)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'Membah the Radio Shack Armatron?
:happy:

Cue Ruckzuck by Kraftwerk (as used in the Newton's Apple intro circa 1983).

·
Registered
307 Posts
My family couldn't afford toys, so some I would like to pull from my cousins' stash were a glow worm (it was so fun to squeeze them) and Lite Brite. Popples skates was a personal favorite of mine and blowing bubbles.

Oh, I remember those! We probably would have been friends in the 80s...if I ever got my nose out of my books and realized you liked to roller skate, too!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Member He-Man? ( I used to be in love with him) and She-Ha? (looking back on these cartoons now, I never knew how awesomely feminist they were! (#Rockon)

Member the original TMNT comics? The cartoons from the 80's were just Meh, and I actually prefer the redo of the latest TMNT.
(What? I still like to watch these for...character development! Yeah!) No, but really, I watch it with my kids.

Member Ducktales? I also prefer the ongoing series of now (yep, better character development...hey, stop laughing!)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Member He-Man? and She-Ha?
Totes! I preferred Sectaurs and Power Lords, though. I've always liked the more obscure stuff.

Member Ducktales?
Totes! I preferred Rescue Rangers, though. Dale was (and still is) my fave.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Member He-Man? ( I used to be in love with him) and She-Ha?
(She-Ra)

That TV show got me through a rough period in my childhood. The toys were just awesome though I was late to the party and my He-Man and Skeletor were the battle armor versions instead of the originals... which had gone out of production by that point. This, of course, made me sad since those versions never appeared on the show.

Castle Grayskull remains one of my favorite toys of all time... behind only Legos and maybe some of the Star Wars stuff.

·
Registered
307 Posts
(She-Ra)

That TV show got me through a rough period in my childhood. The toys were just awesome though I was late to the party and my He-Man and Skeletor were the battle armor versions instead of the originals... which had gone out of production by that point. This, of course, made me sad since those versions never appeared on the show.

Castle Grayskull remains one of my favorite toys of all time... behind only Legos and maybe some of the Star Wars stuff.
Haha, pardon the bad spelling...I watched this all in Portuguese back in the day, and she RA was pronounced she HA ...LOL
I didn't know what GreySkull meant for many years after I stopped watching the show...it wasn't until I looked back on it that I realized....Ah....it's not just a name that sounds like Grehisco...It's actually Grey Skull! LOL perspectives from foreign kids on dubbed shows
(By the way, thinking back on Duck Tales, Uncle Scrooge Did Not have a Scottish accent in dubbed versions of the cartoon....why, oh, why? It takes part of his charm away!)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Haha, pardon the bad spelling...I watched this all in Portuguese back in the day, and she RA was pronounced she HA ...LOL
I didn't know what GreySkull meant for many years after I stopped watching the show...it wasn't until I looked back on it that I realized....Ah....it's not just a name that sounds like Grehisco...It's actually Grey Skull! LOL perspectives from foreign kids on dubbed shows
(By the way, thinking back on Duck Tales, Uncle Scrooge Did Not have a Scottish accent in dubbed versions of the cartoon....why, oh, why? It takes part of his charm away!)
I experienced a little of that, too. I have family from Latin America (Spanish, in my case) and a lot gets lost in translation. Kind of a bummer, really.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts