Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Messenger Archetype

478 – The Messenger Archetype

The 847 is the passionate, cutting edge, innovative, compassionate, freedom seeking, creative, non conformist focused on implementing and manifesting their original vision.

*Most freedom loving--478, 874, 784

sexual 748 is a very flamboyant type...748/847/478 is the most in need of freedom. This is the messenger archetype that feels they have a message to impart and wants the freedom to explore themselves and their external worlds. WIth 7 in charge it's an extremely hard to pin down type, that typically has no problems expressing the flamboyancy this tritype can bring (with 4 in charge the self consciousness can take over, like with myself, and with 8 in charge you get more of a playful 7ish 8, like Pink or Katherine Fauvre). She also said it's the least political of the tritypes (except maybe the 548 tritype) because of the outspoken nature of the three types coming to together (which helps explain why the whole political nature of grad school completely evades me).

478/784/847 Description: If you are the 478, you are intuitive, innovative and straight-forward. You want to be original, inspirational and self-possessed. A cutting-edge tracker of both your internal and external worlds, you are an unconventional, passionate master of solutions. Outwardly, you are confident but inwardly you are emotionally vulnerable. Life Mission: Your life mission is to find truth and communicate your findings. A true messenger, you are happiest when you use your creativity to find compassionate ways to understand yourself and empower others. Blind Spot: You can be so focused on your opinions, insights and what is new and profound that your freedom seeking nature can come across as arrogant, resistant, and/or uncooperative.
That blind spot was huge for me, having everyone in my life nod in agreement when it's read to them was a little hard, I really don't see myself as uncooperative but that's the nature of having a blind spot. My grandmother is a sp7w8 748 and we are very similar, she can seem so adamant about getting her way that it can look extremely childish if she really digs in. However, I try other tactics before getting to that but eventually the boundaries harden and flexibility I normally have completely disintegrates.

847: Intuitive and innovative. Most creative, original and noncomforming 8. Moody, intense, eccentric 8 especially if sx.

874 and 854 are very similar and can be difficult to distinguish as 8 has access to both 7 and 5. What is helpful is to look at the differences between 7 and 5. The most critical aspect engagement. The 7 engages and brings a positive outlook to the 84_. The 5 is more internal and brings more introversion and reserve. The 874 is more outgoing and spontaneous. it is the difference between facts vs activities.

478 and 451 are very different types of 4. The 478 is intensely individualistic and more assertive whereas the 451 is individualistic but much more introspective and reserved. The 478 is somewhat optimistic and focuses more on the need for inspiration than the 451. The 451 is more particular and is more motivated by gathering meaningful information that is useful.
(4)-7-8 - The Aggressive 4
4-(7)-8 - The Reactive 7
4-7-(8) - The idealistic 8

Somewhat manic. Dramatic and somewhat confrontational. Uncontrolled emotions.

eight with a four fix: the moody, loner eight. distinct outsider quality; as if on a highly
personal mission. tendency to feel exempt from conventional rules
and circumstances.

If 478 there is an emphasis on freedom, inspiration and diversity.

This tritype is the most creative type on the enneagram regardless of which type is in charge. This creativity may or may not have artistic talent but always has a sense of aesthetics. All three crave authenticity, depth and individuality,
The 487 craves attention, affirmation and mirroring more than autonomy and freedom. They need to be mirrored as not only unique but highly original. Their greatest demands are those they make of themselves.
The 847 craves autonomy and must be the master and commander of their lives. The 847 does not seek mirroring unless very narcissistic. All narcissistic types demand an undo amount of mirroring to feel safe. The 487 uses the power of indifference when in defense.

847: Intuitive and innovative. Most creative, original and noncomforming 8. Moody, intense, eccentric 8 especially if sx.

784: Direct and intuitive 7. Most independent, original and creative 7. Can be moody. Most non-conforming, and intense 7.

4-7-8 is the most individualistic and fun-loving 4. Appear more self-possessed as sadness is hidden.

For example, if you were an 8-7-4, you would have secondary strategies that are very different than an 8-2-6. The 8-7-4 is a fast paced creative, feelingful and optimistic Type 8 whereas the 8-2-6 is a more cynical, loyal and helpful Type 8.
the 874 is a fast-paced, optimistic, creative, and emotional type 8 whereas the 826 is a more dutiful, loyal and helpful type 8.

874 and 854 are very similar and can be difficult to distinguish as 8 has access to both 7 and 5. What is helpful is to look at the differences between 7 and 5. The most critical aspect engagement. The 7 engages and brings a positive outlook to the 84_. The 5 is more internal and brings more introversion and reserve. The 874 is more outgoing and spontaneous. it is the difference between facts vs activities.

If your primary Type is 8, you might have a Tritype configuration of 8-7-4. The primary Enneagram Type for you would be Type 8, however, this Tritype combination indicates that you would most likely be a strong, positive person who seeks solutions (8), options (7) and meaning (4). What is fascinating is that if the strategy of Type 8 fails to give you the desired results of overcoming obstacles, you would then employ the strategy of Type 7 and then if needed Type 4.

the 748 is a messenger of the new...always ahead of their time...triple creative, innovative doers...no restrictions....must have freedom...original thinkers that follow their own muse and must get the message out.

784--visionary, powerful and aesthetically brilliant, always ahead of the curve

874 tritype feels lighter and more enthusiastic to me, than does the 847 tritype, which feels more like a strike of lightning burrowing into the ground.

Perhaps the tritype is 847 where 7 acts as an ever-running generator, constantly humming underneath the surface. The 7 energy operates more like "monkey mind" than a physically expressed energy.

As an sx 874 I feel called to discover as much as I can about human nature and then share what I learned. Some of my greatest moments of clarity have come during times of great adversity. When I feel grief and loss it always feels personal and I feel separate from others. When I allow the pain and suffering the 8 wants to avoid, I am able to connect to that which is universal and know that all people everywhere understand the meaning of loss. This is when I remember that I am never truly alone or separate

The 458, 468 and 478 are all truth tellers in their own way. The 458 and 478 are their own authorities.

The 847 is more extroverted intuition with the attention going outward. It is a lighter and is more optimistic

I am one. Who else? What is your type/stackings/hobbies/worldview/etc? Just write something. Let it be our chat

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lets type people who seem like of the Messenger Archetype

What comes to mind:

Tony Stark (Iron Man) - ENTP 748 so/sx/sp
Jack Sparrow - ENTP 748 sx/so/sp
Anakin Skywalker - ENFP 847 sx/sp/so

@Animal would you be so kind and invite 478 you know. Or we could create a thread in the general forum for "The Messenger Archetype" :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Looks like yes :) I hope she is sure of her type because it seems like a result of the PerC quiz.
Oh, I'm definitely a 478. No need to worry. Never gotten anything close to that on the PerC quiz, either, haha.

So, what exactly are we discussing here? Just general things about ourselves? Trying to figure how well we relate to one another?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I'm definitely a 478. No need to worry. Never gotten anything close to that on the PerC quiz, either, haha.

So, what exactly are we discussing here? Just general things about ourselves? Trying to figure how well we relate to one another?
Yeap :) Also, we are searching for famous representatives if the tritype :) Any suggestions?

Question number 1: How powerful do you feel?

2: Do you procrastinate?

3: What can trigger your anger?

4: Art/Science?

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
tri types confuse me.

I'm curious what you think i am.

at work, when happy, super happy. I'm told I'm the happiest, most cheerful professor at our small college. I love teaching students who try.

When emotionally beaten up, I retreat to a 5. I am attracted to 2's, and 4's fascinate me.

>>847: Intuitive and innovative. Most creative, original and noncomforming 8. Moody, intense, eccentric 8 especially if sx.

This fits me.

i took a free test. spent almost 57 seconds taking it.

Your trifix is 7w8, 8w7, 3w2.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Hey buddy, I'm one as well..!

I think my stacking is something like 8w9 / 4w3 / 7w6 sx/sp.

I guess I have many hobbies but over the past few months I've been pretty damn focused on my schooling / future.. constantly doing things towards it. Could be because I am an INTJ MBTI type.

One thing I can say is that I know my worth and I treat myself really well -- if I want something I can't stop myself. I think that our tritype might be one of the least self-controlling types... I'm prone to overdoing things and over-consuming things that I like.

The Messenger Archetype

I am one. Who else? What is your type/stackings/hobbies/worldview/etc? Just write something. Let it be our chat
Yeap :) Also, we are searching for famous representatives if the tritype :) Any suggestions?

Question number 1: How powerful do you feel?

2: Do you procrastinate?

3: What can trigger your anger?

4: Art/Science?
Let me answer your questions..
1) I think I'm a pretty realistic person -- I view the world within reasonable bounds. That being said, I'm not afraid to push and go for things. I don't consciously think about power but I think it's always on the back of my mind.. I don't think of myself as a particularly powerful person in any normal situation but I know that the second a situation calls for it I don't have any fears I only see the target.

2) Oh my god I am the worst procrastinator in the world please let's not go here it is very sad and embarrassing..

3) Well a lot of things.. but lately what has particularly stirred me has been what I call "snakiness" ... just really mother fucking irritating (apologies for the language) passive-aggressive sly deceitful, dishonest, indirect ways of doing things. This really just freaking riles me up -- I had a burst out in the middle of class just the other day it was pretty epic.

Something else which really upsets me lately is people being really inconsiderate of others and violating their personal beliefs, space, and rights. Particularly when people think themselves superior than others and then begin to treat others condescendingly --and even more especially people in positions of authority who let it get to their heads and just COMPLETELY take advantage of others and try to twirl people around their fingers... as if being a fare inspector makes you a God ;p xD ... Oh my God I wish you could have seen me lol... it was BAD.

4) Science. LOVE science. But I need art in my life too. I'm actually a pretty sensitive person to be honest and I enjoy being able to share my softer side with people I feel safe with. I've been practicing being softer and more open lately after learning about my enneagram type and it's been helping me a lot :)

Anyway ! That is me !

AMENDMENT: I watched the 478 video.

To be honest I feel like her description is a little wishy washy and leaves a lot of things ambiguous and sketchy -- felt astrological in nature. I can't say I agree with her because there is not much to agree with, I'm not sure she makes too many points overall.

One thing I do identify with however is the thing she was talking about challenging the status quo. I do that regularly... and it often gets a lot of people gathering the townsfolk and Frankensteining my ass. :rolleyes:

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts

It's Jeff appreciation day. ;D Jeff Martin, Jeff Beck, Jeff Buckley. <3

But Jeff Martin gets three videos because I am obsessed.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Questionnaire for 478:
1. What is your mbti/detailed enneagram with instincts. You may include classic humours and other test results
4w5-8w9-7w6 Sx/Sp ENFP.

I don't go by test results. The average sum of my test results would leave me at 8w7-5w4-4w5 INTJ and that is not accurate. ;D

2. Does the description match your personality? What is not right for you?
I wrote this post a while back when I mistyped at 8:

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra...pe-archetype-descriptions-33.html#post3718246

I can elaborate on it more a bit later. But the short answer: yes, it's eerily accurate. Back when I was mistyped at 538 or 385 etc… I was complaining "these descriptions are wrong!" because the 847 one matched me so perfectly.

3. Your favorite music genre (bands), books (how much do you read)
I've posted some music here already - I have lots of bands that I love, but the artists who became obsessions to the point of soul-changing and life-changing, over the years, were, in this order: Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, The Beatles (specially John Lennon), Jeff Beck, The Tea Party/Jeff Martin.

As a child I was obsessed with Les Miserables and knew most of it in 3 languages, and knew one song in 5 languages. I read all of the translations and was learning French so I could read the original. I also wrote my first novel, around age 10, about a character who was an offshoot of Eponine. Then I re-wrote my character and wrote my first sci-fi novel around age 12, about 400 pages. I also , at that time, was working on a musical about these characters. My version of Eponine was a prostitute, so I had some vulgar lyrics about prostitution, as well as written scenes. For reasons like this I did not show anyone my writing until I met my best friend around age 15. That same best friend/muse/nemesis is now cast as the super-villain in my current novel. :)

I also like a lot of other music - I listen to classical more often than most other music actually, but more "listening at home" whereas I INDULGE in music more like what I post above. Indulge means blasting in headphones while exercising, blasting in the car, just letting it take me over. Listening is different; having it on while doing other things, at a normal volume. I made mix tapes all the way up until about 2011. I now make mixes in my iphone. I miss tapes but it is admittedly more convenient. There are a wide variety of artists.. radiohead, muse, evanescence, tori amos, pink floyd, led zeppelin, etc etc…

At home I listen to a lot of Bach, Philip Glass, Beethoven, Chopin, Clara Rockmore… I don't like "majestic" classical music with build-ups of horns.. I can't relate and I don't like the sound of horns. I like more beautiful, soulful music. It can be intense, just not majestic. If I can picture a marching band, it's not for me.

As for reading, I do read, but since I'm writing a fantasy series, most of my reading nowadays is research -oriented. I don't ahve time to read fiction lately :( and also I don't like to let other fiction cloud my thinking. I don't want to be worried that I'm absorbing something like a sponge (which I tend to do) and then having to differentiate between their world and mine. So I'll catch up on some fiction after I finish at least drafting book 1. The editing process will take a while anyhow.

When I used to read as a kid I could devour multiple books a week. Some of my favorite authors are Hermann Hesse, Kurt Vonnegut, Tom Robbins, Salman Rushdie (though really just the one book "The ground beneath her feet"), Carlos Casteneida. I also liked Dorothy Bryant "The kin of ata are waiting for you" - I read it a few times - and I LOVED the Alchemist, which I read recently.

4. Your hobbies?
My hobbies are also my work - music, writing, photography, photoshop, video. I love walking, climbing, hiking, swimming.. I want to move to a warmer climate so I can do this stuff outside for more than a few months a year. I take a 5-mile walk around my neighborhood, local lake, as often as I can… sometimes every day. But what's interesting is my hobbies all seem to mix with my art.. like when I go out.. I take beautiful nature pictures, then super impose them with other pictures… I can't get away from my art-love. Life is art, art is life. :)

Enneagram study may count as a hobby.

5. Favorite style of art? Do you make art?
Yes.. life is art. :) I can't draw to save my life though. Transferring from 2d to 3d is impossible, and not for lack of trying. I even took a few courses at art schools but I am hopeless. However I have a good eye for photography and photoshop, so I find ways to create some of the images in my mind that way. The rest have to be created in words (this is difficult for me but I am working on it for the sake of writing) or in music (this is my first language).

Favorite style of visual art.. not really sure. Salvadore Dali is pretty sweet though. But I like anything that strikes me as "beautiful" at the time. Photography can do it for me because I love nature and rawness so much.. raw humanity, nudes, sex, passion. I also like classic painters.. Boticelli etc. Can't stand most modern art. By their standards, I would be a good artist, and that makes me uncomfortable because I know I suck.

6. Sports?
I love lifting weights.. and hiking/climbing/swimming as I mentioned. And ice skating. As a pre-teen I competitive swam (I was best at breast stroke) and played softball - and I pitched the all-star game in my league - and won! I was known as the best pitcher in the league. But I had to give it up becasue I had a budding music career at the time, and I never really took up sports beyond exercise & enjoying nature again. However, being that I spent a lot of time on stage and doing photoshoots & video shoots, I did exercise a decent amount, to try to look good in my stage outfits. ;D

7. Do you know any famous 478? Who are they? Type them
I only like to type artists I follow very closely and none of them are 478s in my opinion. Most of my favorite musicians are core 4s and 6s though, I have noticed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Learning that I was a sx/sp 874 greatly enriched my life. It explained why I was focused on autonomy, power (8) intensity (8 and sx) deep connection, closeness (sx) freedom variety, and abundance (7) and meaning, loss and individuality (4). And most of all...together they all focus on aspects of creativity-problem solving (8), new possibilities (7) and uniques expressions... As you can see I wanted to get out to the public everything I found in each research study....

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Learning that I was a sx/sp 874 greatly enriched my life. It explained why I was focused on autonomy, power (8) intensity (8 and sx) deep connection, closeness (sx) freedom variety, and abundance (7) and meaning, loss and individuality (4). And most of all...together they all focus on aspects of creativity-problem solving (8), new possibilities (7) and uniques expressions... As you can see I wanted to get out to the public everything I found in each research study....
874 is truly the most creative, powerful and can-do tritype

How many famous/known people/characters you can confidently type as 874 or 847? And who would they be? :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
exemplars

sx/sp Katherine Chernick Fauvre ENXP
Sp/sx General George S Patton ENTP
So/sx Frank E, Horpel ENTP
Sx/so Denzel Washington ENXP
So/sp Mickey Rourke ENFP
Sx/So P!nk ENXP
Chrissy Hynde of the Pretenders INTP

·
Registered
91 Posts
11-10-14
Dear Fellow Enthusiasts,

I need more of the 478 Tritype if you would be willing to participate....

To date, in three weeks time, almost 900 people have taken the Enneagram Type, Tritype, Instinctual Type and MBTI Survey. Participants are all ages, from all over the world and from divergent schools of thought.

Of interest, is that the response ratios to the questions remain the same and are consistent with each of my earlier research studies. In addition, the current 900 participants have the same demographics and types as the first 100. This further demonstrates “who” is most likely to be interested in the field of self-help and the study of personality typing….and would also be willing to fill out a survey.

Now that I have this initial data, I can move to phase 2. In an effort to have all of the Enneagram Types, Tritypes, Instinctual Types and MBTI Types, nationalities and parts of the world represented, I need your help with phase 2.

In phase 2, I am asking for assistance collecting participants that are the types that are the least represented so far. In addition to your participation with the survey, it would be very helpful if you would encourage family members, colleagues, students and friends to participate. Please post the link below wherever you think it might interest other fellow enthusiasts. I am hoping for an even larger sample size to capture, as may variables as possible. With broader and deeper representations of each type in each category on the survey, there will be wonderful opportunities to learn important nuances of the types.

It would be helpful to have more data from:
Men
Military
Types: 3s and 8s
Tritypes: 137,268, 368,
Instincts: Social and especially anti-social
MBTI: ESFP, ESTJ
Native American Indians
African Americans
Asian Countries overall
Koreans
Eastern Europe
Central and South America
Northern and Central Africa
Pacific Islanders

The link to participate:
Survey : Greeting

If you use this link you will be anonymous. So, if you are willing to be interviewed by email (if you are among others with a shared pattern), remember to add your email in the box of the final question.

If you need an enneagram test code to determine your potential tritype…
Go to: Enneagram Test, free online personality test to find your type
Your free test code is: 3study2014 It is good for 2 weeks.
Without you, this research would not be possible….Thanks so very much!
Katherine Chernick Fauvre

1 - 17 of 17 Posts