Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me about your childhood pictures. Did you smile a lot? Did you look angry? Did you ever look miserable in them? Did you act like a superhero? Were you around others a lot? Did you dress in costumes? Did you play with toy guns or wrestle with your pets? How physical were you? Tell me all about them.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Umm I beat up the boys and if they grabbed me and tried to kiss me I punched them. Some things never change.

I once rode my tricycle off a 4 ft drop into thorns on a dare.. several times.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
Umm I beat up the boys and if they grabbed me and tried to kiss me I punched them. Some things never change.

I once rode my tricycle off a 4 ft drop into thorns on a dare.. several times.

Bahaha, I love it.

I remember being jealous because my babysitter was totally ignoring my pain when I stapled two fingers together, and instead was fussing over some girl who snipped herself with scissors. :dry: The same babysitter also said she liked Daniel's art more than mine. :dry: And I could tell the other kids were telling secrets behind my back. :crying:

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I tried to smile a lot. I say "tried" because I was never successful in executing an authentic looking smile; even to this day. Let's see... I was never able to handle defeat very well, I'd get very pissed off when I was defeated in videogames, red with rage, almost to the point of crying. However, as I got angrier, I got more aggressive at the game, until one day I started winning and winning and winning. Had a lot problems with bullies, even on kindergarden; due to the thick glasses I wore. However, thick glasses didn't stop me from getting into fights... when I got to elementary school, it was as if I had at least 1 fight a year.

My parents recall me being very unusual for a child. When I was a baby, I'd never cry for food; I'd make sounds, but never cry for food. I was (and still am) a huge fan of news shows, I'd see all of them and then retell the news when my mother arrived, I never threw a temper-tantrum like other kids do; and, even from a small age, I was fairly competent in talking to adults. I never got along very well with people my age.

I know this thread asks for a childhood picture; but, none of my childhood pictures are digitalized. Yes, people, I'm that old.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Tell me about your childhood pictures. Did you smile a lot? Did you look angry? Did you ever look miserable in them? Did you act like a superhero? Were you around others a lot? Did you dress in costumes? Did you play with toy guns or wrestle with your pets? How physical were you? Tell me all about them.

I hated smiling in pictures about half of the time. The other half I forgot that I wasn't supposed to like it. I especially hated sitting for pictures at Sears. I would never smile for the photographer because it was fake and it seemed humiliating to be forced to smile because some random adult told me to.

Yes, I liked pictures where I could have toy guns or something like that. It seemed different then.

Physical? No, I was generally pretty still as a child.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I was a child with no fear. I wasn't scared of a highway full of cars. I wanted to race my horse everywhere. I wanted to lead conversions, and had plenty to tell adults about what they needed to do. I got into fights pretty often, usually whatever I perceived as injustice... Or if I just wanted things done my way. Mom says I was quite the child to contend with.

Something a little bit more recent @MsBossyPants:

Face Hair Eyebrow Forehead Nose

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was a child with no fear.
Amen! I traveled alone on planes at age 8, 9 and 10 to visit relatives in Miami who barely watched me.. walked around by myself all day and loved every minute.. although my aunt & uncle let me watch "Alien" when I was 8, and the scene where it comes out of her stomach scared the living shit out of me because I could feel it in my own body and wanted to puke. When my parents took me to a resort in Jamaica at age 10, I did all sorts of things while my parents were busy, like going out on a raft alone with an older Jamaican guy to see more of the area. During that trip, I was about 10 and the elevator broke with five kids trapped in it. I was fearless and took control of the situation and calmed everyone down. (But I will confess that as an adult my heart skips a few beats every time I enter an elevator.)

At home I wandered around the woods by myself at night before I was ten (regularly)... climbed every tree.. took extremely long walks alone at a very young age. When I was 5 I played "miss nelson" in Miss Nelson is Missing and my wig fell off. Without breaking character I made a clever remark about the wig, put it back on and resumed my lines. On the playground, I came up with fantasy scenarios and told everyone else what parts to play, like a boss. I had two 'husbands' in preschool and was caught sleeping in a bed with a boy in second grade. I also defended disabled or mentally ill children from bullies. I had no shame and no fear.

·
Registered
Amateur Newscaster
11,502 Posts
@LeoCat

1.) As a child you were kind of cute

2.) Even in that picture you kind of looked distrusting "Whaddaya gonna do now..."

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

·
Registered
Amateur Newscaster
11,502 Posts
@LeoCat

1.) You're welcome

2.) Regarding daredevil stunts: I never deliberately rode a bike onto thorns, but I have done all sorts of things that most people would think would be nuts. Hell I kept riding a motorcycle after getting a TBI from a car-crash until I almost crashed from a dizzy spell (Actually I did it one last time to make sure the fear didn't dominate me for the rest of my life -- yes I know that sounds nuts)

3.) Dishing out Beatings: I was an oddball as a kid and I got picked on. Turns out people generally stop if you beat them senseless -- who knew?

Reactions: SophiaMarie

·
Registered
Amateur Newscaster
11,502 Posts
@LeoCat

1.) You're welcome

2.) Regarding daredevil stunts: I never deliberately rode a bike onto thorns, but I have done all sorts of things that most people would think would be nuts. Hell I kept riding a motorcycle after getting a TBI from a car-crash until I almost crashed from a dizzy spell (Actually I did it one last time to make sure the fear didn't dominate me for the rest of my life -- yes I know that sounds nuts)

3.) Dishing out Beatings: I was an oddball as a kid and I got picked on. Turns out people generally stop if you beat them senseless -- who knew?

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are 3 trends amongst my childhood photos. 1) I'm smirking slightly, like I just got away with something. 2) I have some sort of weapon in hand (one of my fondest memories is of stabbing washed-up jellyfish on the beach). And 3) In pictures where I didn't know I was being photographed, I have a very pensive, and actually rather melancholy expression.

Also, I share the experience of @Dodger in that there was a point where I stopped smiling when told to. I still don't.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And another thing -- I also never threw tantrums as a kid. Well, one, but that was when I was taken out of a bookstore to go to a doctor's appointment. My parents laughed because it was so out of character, and when I saw that it had no effect, I got up and walked to the doctor's (lived in NYC). Do 8's typically share this trait, of not whining/screaming/blubbering as children?

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@TheVenetian

Blubbering lol!! It makes sense to me that someone who is emotionally hardened later and can kind of "endure anything" and brush off a lot of things would not be blubbering as a child.

I thought for so long my anger and temper as a kid - which cooled down early in life - was yet another sign of 8 until I realized I am a core 4 ;) I now realize in retrospect how damn hot blooded those temper tantrums were.

How did your primal rage manifest as a kid? Also do you relate to "cold blooded vengeance?" Would that explain the weapons? If you do relate, did that manifest early in your childhood?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts