Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, All! I've been lurking here for a while. Sorry to jump in unnannounced, and to mess around editing this so many times... I think I got way too complicated the first time, but I do still have a question. (hopefully someone will see this/ relate to it :p)

As a 9, I relate to almost every type on the enneagram. It seemed to make intuitive sense to me that I'd be a 974 tritype, but the more research I do, the more I find myself wondering if I could be an 952/925.

I guess I'm just curious how you all dealt with this problem. How do you find what you relate to *most*?

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,826 Posts
There will be those who disagree with me, but I really don't think it matters, it's like an Enneagram add-on without great value.

That said I am so strongly 7 that I mistyped that way for a long time so figuring out my head fix was a no brainer, as for heart fix for me it's a matter of which on vibes right, because if I'm wrong it doesn't change anything. The value of the system comes from your main type and instincts imo.

9, 7 and 2 are all positive types so combined would be super optimistic the higher the preference of that fix the bigger the impact, 9, 5 and 4 are all withdrawn types so will be considerably more low key and have a less positive spin.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I knew I had 7 in me before I realized I was a 9, so that was easy. Deciding between 2 and 4 was harder, as I have related to both fairly well.

Now, you know you're a 9 so you've got the hardest part down. :) As for the remaining fixes, don't look at the descriptions. Look at the motivations. Do you feel restless after being alone for too long, like a 7? Are you naturally optimistic, or do have a more "realistic" mode of thinking, like a 5? Is your natural tendency to be scattered and distracted or intensely focused? When you're insecure do you seek out approval, like a 2, or wallow, like a 4, and hope someone will come to you?

I'm using more stereotypes than anything, but hopefully you get the idea. It's easy as a 9 to think you're in the middle of everything, as we're good at seeing both sides of everything. But understanding other viewpoints is not the same as having them yourself, and I'm sure you fit in somewhere.

Also, like the poster above me said, tritypes are more about finding the "flavor" of your main type. You have the important part.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I don't particularly pay much attention to my tri-type, although at the time I formed it I felt it fit well enough. *shrug* I'm a 9w1. That's what matters, to me anyway. I think of the rest of my tri-type in the same way I think of my inferior function Se. It's there. It shows up sometimes. But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

Reactions: 2983

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now, you know you're a 9 so you've got the hardest part down. :) As for the remaining fixes, don't look at the descriptions. Look at the motivations. Do you feel restless after being alone for too long, like a 7? Are you naturally optimistic, or do have a more "realistic" mode of thinking, like a 5? Is your natural tendency to be scattered and distracted or intensely focused? When you're insecure do you seek out approval, like a 2, or wallow, like a 4, and hope someone will come to you?

I'm using more stereotypes than anything, but hopefully you get the idea. It's easy as a 9 to think you're in the middle of everything, as we're good at seeing both sides of everything. But understanding other viewpoints is not the same as having them yourself, and I'm sure you fit in somewhere.

Also, like the poster above me said, tritypes are more about finding the "flavor" of your main type. You have the important part.
Aaandd I'm back to 974 (holding out on 2, but maybe...). Thanks for the reality check, everyone. I think I freaked out a little on this one. All the intense Fauvre videos on tritype had me all jumbled up. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts