Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
yes. it is true. your body cycles at those intervals.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
This would not work for me as I could not calculate when I will fall asleep. Sometimes it takes half an hour, sometimes 2 hours.
This is my problem too. Some people can just hop into bed every night and fall asleep in under 10 minutes. Consistently.

Sleep is like death. lol. You don't know when it's gonna take you.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I know and there are people who can fall asleep any time they want, like if my mom takes a nap and wakes up at 7PM, she can still fall asleep at midnight but I would be up until the early morning.

Yeah, I find that some of my most negative or paranoid thoughts come as I am going to sleep, or trying to. It is when your mind is clear and all that shit just fills it.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Absolutely is true for SWMBO and I. And...there's an app for that.

The app will wake you up within a 30 minute window of your designated alarm time, based on how deeply you are sleeping. It is sleep cycle and there is a free and a paid version.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I believe so, more or less. It's how REM cycles work.

There's an iOS app called Sleepytime that can assist you with this.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
So it wasn't complete BS when the military teached me how to nap.
15 min "going to sleep", 15-20 min "sleep", 10-15 min "waking up".

What does all of this mean for napping? Giving yourself a full sleep cycle (90 minutes) can help you retain certain skill you’ve just learned, but for recovering from fatigue a 15-20 minute nap is ideal (and some research suggests a nap as short as 5 minutes could be beneficial!), since the farther along you are in your sleep cycle, the harder it is to get over that grogginess you sometimes feel when you first wake up (known in the sleep world as sleep inertia).

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For anyone interested, I tested this last night by going to sleep at 3 am and woke up at 6 am. I was surprisingly very alert, and didn't felt tired for my 8 am lectures as I usually am.

·
Banned
2,122 Posts
For anyone interested, I tested this last night by going to sleep at 3 am and woke up at 6 am. I was surprisingly very alert, and didn't felt tired for my 8 am lectures as I usually am.
I did the same as you today. It was weird to not feel tired! That really works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts