Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might just be one of the oldest members on this forum, seeing that most topics are about 90s kids. I was born in September 1980 which makes me a true 90s teen. I grew up listening to Grunge/Alternative music and bands like Pearl Jam, Oasis, Chilli Peppers, Green day, Smashing Pumpkins, and Silverchair(who were teens like me). I also listened to other artists on the top 40 radio. I watched MTV and VH1, and TV shows such as Flash Forward, and Boy Meets World. I miss the 90s and I am sometimes deeply nostalgic for it. :heart:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I might just be one of the oldest members on this forum, seeing that most topics are about 90s kids. I was born in September 1980 which makes me a true 90s teen. I grew up listening to Grunge/Alternative music and bands like Pearl Jam, Oasis, Chilli Peppers, Green day, Smashing Pumpkins, and Silverchair(who were teens like me). I also listened to other artists on the top 40 radio. I watched MTV and VH1, and TV shows such as Flash Forward, and Boy Meets World. I miss the 90s and I am sometimes deeply nostalgic for it. :heart:
I was born in 1983, I loved listening to Grunge music. Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains. I enjoy MTV. Music videos are not the same anymore. I miss the 90s a lot. I'm always listening to 90's music in my spare time. One another thing I miss is Are You Afraid Of The Dark? and The X-Files. Do you remember DZ Discovery Zone? I loved that place, lol!! I miss it a lot of the time and continue to share pictures of me on Facebook. Thanks for making this thread! I could go on forever about the 90's! :heart:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m a 1982 baby (INTJ Female) and often listen to 90s throwback stations... alternative/grunge. I didn’t have cable growing up (my parents were hippies), so I didn’t get to watch much MTV or VH1 unless I went to a friend’s house, where it was a secret pleasure 🙂. Definitely pine for those times. I just rewatched most of the X-Files... so good! yeah Silverchair! First discovered them in 7th or 8th grade... That brings me back... and Soundgarden... ofcourse, have to throw in some lady bands like Mazzy Star.... so wonderful...how about TV shows like Night Court , Spaced... etc. good times.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Yeah, I totally miss the 90s growing up as a teen.

Remember when music spoke to your soul??

It was hits after hits on the radio. None of this lame lifeless music on repeat.

Remember when Beavis & Butthead would play on repeat along with Ren & Stimpy and MTV had NOOOO commercials AT ALL.

Remember Aaliyah, and her angelic voice?

And these heartthrobs??

Days when baggy jeans were in? And another all time teen fav?

And Shaggy?
h

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here. I was born in April 1979, and I was a teenager through most all the 90s. I believe it was a time when our generation were a bridged gap between late Gen Xers and Millennials. I remember in school the kids had beepers, but the flip phone did not come out until I was a Jr. in high school. Freshman year I did a paper about the new "world wide web" but the only time I could use internet was at the library. The big thing was still talking on the phone, even for males, and using 3 day conversation and call waiting and caller ID etc. Also the kids like to watch "trash tv" such as Ricki Lake, Jerry Springer, Jenny Jones. None of that really appealed to me. Dial up, no one had cable internet that I am aware of. Most of the kids at school were into bands such as Green Day, Nirvana (left over), and No Doubt. But I was more a Country music fan, and I felt isolated from my peers, although some were also Country fans, it wasn't the main thing. Besides not liking their taste in music, I had no friends. I do remember Jewel and "You were Meant For Me" In the 90s, everyone wanted to back to the 1970s for some reason.

This was my music

This was a short lived show I watched. I like it because the main characters were from Virginia like me.

Degenerate Trash TV
Ricki Lake show Girlfriend, I've Slept With Your Man And I'll Do It Again And Again!'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts