Personality Cafe banner

Better decade: 1990s, 2000s, or 2010s

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
voted 2010s only because of the internet and the technology. The amount of information on the internet right now is too cool to pass up on.
00's because of the cartoons
90's because of how much more chill it was

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
90's!

-I could refer to myself as a women without specifying " Cis" to avoid offending someone.

-I didn't even know what the Economy or a Muslim was.

- " Global warming" was possibly a future problem.

- Black people were friendly neighbors and classmates-not angry and rioting.

- Could buy an entire shopping cart of food for under $100.

-Globalization didn't exist and so did a large middle class.

-But the number one reason: no internet. No FB, no Twitter. No Yelp. No...just all the bullshit the Internet brought with it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
90's!

-I could refer to myself as a women without specifying " Cis" to avoid offending someone.

- Black people were friendly neighbors and classmates-not angry and rioting.

-But the number one reason: no internet. No FB, no Twitter. No Yelp. No...just all the bullshit the Internet brought with it.
-Literally nobody gets offended if a woman refers to herself as a woman, and I have this weird feeling that you don't care about offending people anyway.
-Have you ever thought about why black people are angry? Because it was happening in the 90's too
-Yelp has been nothing but lovely and helpful, and I don't see why you would come for her like this.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
-Literally nobody gets offended if a woman refers to herself as a woman, and I have this weird feeling that you don't care about offending people anyway.
-Have you ever thought about why black people are angry? Because it was happening in the 90's too
-Yelp has been nothing but lovely and helpful, and I don't see why you would come for her like this.
You're using lthe word itteraly wrong. Yes, they literally have and no I don't.

But then this this isn't the debate thread so..yah. I guess that's the end of that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
90s

People, kids especially get stupid with decades

·
Banned
5,979 Posts
00s.

When 3D games were hot (and hence developers and publishers invested a lot of time, money and effort into making them enjoyable), when music sounded coherent and melodic and when fashion wasn't so damn sexist and pretentious. The only reason why anyone should thank the 2010s for anything is because of its technology, and to some extent, politics, especially if you identify as LGBT or an ally for the latter.

The 90s I know too little about, and I don't really like any of the cartoons from that period because they all seem incredibly standoffish (because that's practically the topic of every other social media post once in a while, and I'm looking at you, Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy). I miss 00s cartoons because of the drawing style of the characters, and the gritty but still friendly feel to them.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
2010s>1990s>2000s

I really like the general "vibe" of the 2000s, but that's about about all it had going for it. The 2000s were entirely based around fear. Fear of a terrorist attack, fear of pedophiles snatching your kids, fear of not being able to keep up with the Joneses. I don't think there has ever been such a neurotic, and mindlessly consumerist decade. Much of the social progress made in the 90s suddenly went into reverse.

The 1990s were cool I guess, but people focus too much on the nostalgia. When people say "I miss the 1990s" what it ends up sounding like is "I miss my childhood". Seriously, good old memories are nice, but the unhealthy fixation some people give them just tells me that they've stopped making new good memories. Interestingly enough, what I think is the best part about the 90s, the mentality of "everything is going to be okay!" between the end of the Cold War and 9/11, is almost never brought up. It's always "okay, but remember Hey Arnold!" bullshit.

2010s. Today is what you make of it and so has potential to be better than either. Plenty about it is crap, the fashion is god awful, people get closer and closer to dressing like clowns; I expect a bright red rubber nose and big shoes to come into fashion soon. But it's the decade we live in and it's not going to be any good if you mope about how bad it is. So I voted 2010s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts