Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi PersonalityCafe members!

I've been browsing these forums for a bit and so far I've found it rather amusing; clearly, a membership wouldn't hurt so I signed up and here I am – rather obviously – writing an introduction.

And as such I would like to introduce myself: my name is Kevin and I'm a 22-year old Swede (this year). I study to become an electrical engineer here in Sweden but also hold hobbies such as drawing and writing that I would like to – in the future – bear as professional occupations.

Amusement isn't the only reason why I joined; talking with people that are willing to get to know themselves better and are happy to share their own experiences would be absolutely fantastic. For a start I might have to introduce my type: INTJ. Of course, this doesn't really tell you all exactly how I behave and what my core values are but it gives a decent framework to go on. And who knows, maybe INTJ isn't my type – maybe I don't know myself well enough.

I'm what you would call a Swedish country boy with an aptitude for technology and a – hopefully – decent English vocabulary and grammar. A vocabulary and grammar built from reading lots and lots of books, which might explain the occasional error here and there (which I would be very happy if you pointed out). What does the country boy aspect have to do with anything? Not much really, the only thing I can think of is that I've become immune to the smell of cow dung. And somehow an association with dung beetles, then again I blame Halo 2 and its Scarab for that.

Starri has – in the friendliest of ways – pointed out general guidelines for newbies, and I'm certainly new to this site as I post my very first thread. In these guideline she did mention the possibility of posting a picture of myself, which I find will be a good way to let you all smack a face onto the username Scarab.

View attachment 141969

I hope that you – the one that read all this, obviously – know a bit more about me. That is afterall the whole point of this post, but then again there is so much more to know about a person than just a few paragraphs. Therefore I'll leave your possible interactions with me on this forums and eventual questions in this thread for you to figure out who I am – if you are at all interested.

Hope to interact and learn with you on the forum,

Kevin

PS. I tend to be sarcastic, a lot.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Scarab and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Scarab. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

WELCOME! I aim for amusing, even humorous, at times. My paternal grandmother's family comes from Varmland in Sweden. Fegastrom was her maiden name.
And who doesn't like humorous and amusing people!? It sure is a pleasure to meet a knight in shining armor, not every day one does that; except for fairy tale princessess, which I hardly think I am.

I've been to Värmland, it is a bit to the north from where I'm from (Västra Götalands county). They got some nice mountains for skiing, which was the main reason we went there.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome !!

And look out for another Swedish member by the name of @Swede now residing in Kentucky, USA.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open so I don't accidentally stumble upon this Swede with an appropriate appellation. Then again, I could never be too careful.

And thank you for those big orange and heartwarming letters, certainly something I might consider using. :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi PersonalityCafe members!

I've been browsing these forums for a bit and so far I've found it rather amusing; clearly, a membership wouldn't hurt so I signed up and here I am – rather obviously – writing an introduction.

And as such I would like to introduce myself: my name is Kevin and I'm a 22-year old Swede (this year). I study to become an electrical engineer here in Sweden but also hold hobbies such as drawing and writing that I would like to – in the future – bear as professional occupations.

Amusement isn't the only reason why I joined; talking with people that are willing to get to know themselves better and are happy to share their own experiences would be absolutely fantastic. For a start I might have to introduce my type: INTJ. Of course, this doesn't really tell you all exactly how I behave and what my core values are but it gives a decent framework to go on. And who knows, maybe INTJ isn't my type – maybe I don't know myself well enough.

I'm what you would call a Swedish country boy with an aptitude for technology and a – hopefully – decent English vocabulary and grammar. A vocabulary and grammar built from reading lots and lots of books, which might explain the occasional error here and there (which I would be very happy if you pointed out). What does the country boy aspect have to do with anything? Not much really, the only thing I can think of is that I've become immune to the smell of cow dung. And somehow an association with dung beetles, then again I blame Halo 2 and its Scarab for that.

Starri has – in the friendliest of ways – pointed out general guidelines for newbies, and I'm certainly new to this site as I post my very first thread. In these guideline she did mention the possibility of posting a picture of myself, which I find will be a good way to let you all smack a face onto the username Scarab.

View attachment 141449

I hope that you – the one that read all this, obviously – know a bit more about me. That is afterall the whole point of this post, but then again there is so much more to know about a person than just a few paragraphs. Therefore I'll leave your possible interactions with me on this forums and eventual questions in this thread for you to figure out who I am – if you are at all interested.

Hope to interact and learn with you on the forum,

Kevin

PS. I tend to be sarcastic, a lot.
Hey I'm Leen from The Netherlands, I'm 25 but soon 26; nice to meet you Kevin

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
I'll keep my eyes and ears open so I don't accidentally stumble upon this Swede with an appropriate appellation. Then again, I could never be too careful.

And thank you for those big orange and heartwarming letters, certainly something I might consider using. :)
Heh, you just stumbled upon me. Ouch! ;-)
Welcome to PerC!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts