Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it natural for us 6's to always be angry with everything. For one, I just don't get into a bad mood, but after a while, I just break and everything around me is stupid. I don't have anger issues, but I do get pretty pissed off. I keep it all inside though. :(

Oh and well, i think this is weird, but I hate the number 6, but my name thing is lifesrule42. Add 4 +2 and you get 6. And I'm an Enneagram 6, it all just makes me so angry. Is this strange, or do I have a natural hate for 6?

thank you if you help me.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Being a 6, I also have anger issues once in a while but keep it all inside too. The anger is mostly from stress though. I don't see myself as someone being resentful or bitter and I hardly ever get angry for a good, real reason.

I don't think it is weird for you to hate the number 6. Maybe there was a bad experience you had relating to the number 6

·
Registered
307 Posts
The anger I get is from all the stress that I've bottled up for a certain period of time. I do not show it in public even though my internal is raging, my face is flat effected. Playing sports has helped a lot with the anger as I have a way of releasing it. I also find that blowing on your thumb has a calm effecting. It helps with lowering the heart rate by stimulating the vagus nerves.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Being a 6, I also have anger issues once in a while but keep it all inside too. The anger is mostly from stress though. I don't see myself as someone being resentful or bitter and I hardly ever get angry for a good, real reason.
This is very true for me as well. The more stressed I get, the angrier I become. The more I try to suppress the anger, the more it builds and builds, and I start lashing out at things in my environment. All of a sudden, doing dishes starts to piss me off, taking out the trash is about to send me over the ends. I try not to take it out on other people so I'll hate whatever thing is in front of me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Being 6 I have these issues, too. It's always I don't feel well or something stresses me a lot that I just happen to be heavily pissed off with everything and everyone. Maybe it's our nature, though it always occurs when I'm doing unhealthy things or things my gut tells me not to do. Or when I think I'm crap, I guess....

What kinda helps is telling somebody about it and just release my anger on something. I don't like sports though, so I always struggle find a way to do so. In the end I'll cry or something, but I trained myself to let it out on cushions instead. But sometimes it doesn't help ...

Reactions: lifesrule42

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
If I don't release a lot of anger and just have a screaming tear-down rage fit ever so often, I'll lose my mind. I used to have severe anger management issues, even prone to bouts of violence at times, but I have calmed down a lot because I have realized that most shit just doesn't matter.

I get angry in the moment easily if something annoys me, and it feels like its tugging at my insides too much. Like if too many people are trying to get emotional responses out of me, or force me to deal with too much external shit when I just want to be alone with my thoughts. That can work me into a boil.

What works me into a rolling boil is when someone disrespects me. I feel a tinge of homicidal mania. I used to just erupt and destroy the target, then after lots of anger management, I cooled off just enough to calculate revenge without an in-the-moment chimpout. But now I typically just think the fucktards are pathetic.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Counseling definitely helped. This past semester has been an absolute wreck and it was a good thing I had a professor to talk to and a counselor that knew nothing of me to help me get through the predicament I was in. I hate to admit this, but I was pouring tears down my face because of the anger/stress I was under while I was talking to my professor. I just find that after a good "cry", everything just seem back to normal for that moment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I don't think it is weird for you to hate the number 6. Maybe there was a bad experience you had relating to the number 6
yes, it's probably true. I did have a bad experience with 6 before. yeah, I don't get bitter or resentful, for the most part, but I am very stressed. Specially when people don't listen to me.
Thank you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question. Do you guys sometimes, just bottle everything up to the point where you feel numb and not react to things around you? That happens to me a lot. Does this happen to any of you?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've just becoming like that recently. Its probably the schooling that has taken its effect on me. My parents would call out to me when I've come home from school and I would just ignore them and walk into my room. I couldn't take it anymore so I just blocked everything out and focus on my own thoughts.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Counseling definitely helped. This past semester has been an absolute wreck and it was a good thing I had a professor to talk to and a counselor that knew nothing of me to help me get through the predicament I was in. I hate to admit this, but I was pouring tears down my face because of the anger/stress I was under while I was talking to my professor. I just find that after a good "cry", everything just seem back to normal for that moment.
I agree. Crying has always helped me in re-gaining stability in my emotions and its been effective in vaporizing my anger away. If possible, I would try to cry before my anger/stress explodes just so I can calm myself down for a while and not lose my mind. I have a counselor in my school who has also helped me in dealing with the stress I was going through and although I hate crying in front of people, I've cried in front of her.

·
Banned
649 Posts
yes, it's probably true. I did have a bad experience with 6 before.
That explains it. After all, bad experiences can lead to negative associations.

Another question. Do you guys sometimes, just bottle everything up to the point where you feel numb and not react to things around you? That happens to me a lot. Does this happen to any of you?

This happens to me too. Over the past few years, I've improved at bottling up things to keep myself focused during school or another specific task at hand. And it works brilliantly because during the entire day, I'm able to go into lifeless robot mode. I'm able to keep my thoughts away from all my personal issues and emotions that would ruin my concentration. I am particularly unreceptive to the problems of other people as well and put on an attitude of indifference. I suppose it feels numbing sometimes, but it has a calming effect and I actually like it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Anger is one of the easiest tools for bleeding off the stress. I'm very careful of when and where I unleash it though;I make it a point to find a nice quiet place to hurl/beat/stab inanimate objects. The thought of unintentionally releasing anger, ever, worries me, so I have made it a priority to keep it reigned in until an ideal moment. I suppose you could call that 'bottling it up', but I still carry the feelings inside. Separating my thought process from emotional responses has been a necessary adaptation.

Being an adult male, crying is something I've moved away from, although I will admit that in my late teens, there were at least three moments were I just sat in a quiet place and wept, and afterwords I felt like I had dropped so much weight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This happens to me too. Over the past few years, I've improved at bottling up things to keep myself focused during school or another specific task at hand. And it works brilliantly because during the entire day, I'm able to go into lifeless robot mode. I'm able to keep my thoughts away from all my personal issues and emotions that would ruin my concentration. I am particularly unreceptive to the problems of other people as well and put on an attitude of indifference. I suppose it feels numbing sometimes, but it has a calming effect and I actually like it.
I feel like that too. I just don't notice other people's problems at those simple times. It makes me feel like a jerk, to tell you the truth, but I have to admit after all the numbing and keeping everything at a distance, I start feeling kind of good again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anger is one of the easiest tools for bleeding off the stress. I'm very careful of when and where I unleash it though;I make it a point to find a nice quiet place to hurl/beat/stab inanimate objects. The thought of unintentionally releasing anger, ever, worries me, so I have made it a priority to keep it reigned in until an ideal moment. I suppose you could call that 'bottling it up', but I still carry the feelings inside. Separating my thought process from emotional responses has been a necessary adaptation.

Being an adult male, crying is something I've moved away from, although I will admit that in my late teens, there were at least three moments were I just sat in a quiet place and wept, and afterwords I felt like I had dropped so much weight.
Thanks, that helps. I worry about getting angry around people too. I know I don't want to hurt anyone, but sometimes when I lose control, (and it has happened to an almost non-exsiting degree), I felt so out of it. Like I didn't care, everything was not important, and I work myself to never getting too angry to the point where I lose myself.

Good thing is, I never get angry. I just get angry at myself, and when I'm alone, I realize I've been angry the whole time. I just never really thought about it. I guess I felt it though, but managed to ignore it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with being angry. I thought it was wrong of me, and stuff, but you all helped me alot. Thanks. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts