Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had this feeling that something bad is about to happen? Today I got this feeling, and it felt so strong, a fear that can't be named, it is unexplainable. Is it meaningless or does it have a meaning? Or maybe its just me being a bit schizophrenic? Is it my Ni working? Its irrational and its hard to digest. :unsure: The fear is not about me, but it is on a larger scale.

Reactions: 47072

·
Registered
929 Posts
Could be real, could be a product of many other factors. Humans are quite capable of predicting the future intuitively, though not well on a conscious level I believe.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Have you ever had this feeling that something bad is about to happen? Today I got this feeling, and it felt so strong, a fear that can't be named, it is unexplainable. Is it meaningless or does it have a meaning? Or maybe its just me being a bit schizophrenic? Is it my Ni working? Its irrational and its hard to digest. :unsure: The fear is not about me, but it is on a larger scale.
You might be interested in reading an article posted here about synchronicity, when our feelings and events coincide.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My first guess would be that something in your life unconsciously triggered some anxiety. That or it's just a coincidence.
Are you tired or overworked?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first guess would be that something in your life unconsciously triggered some anxiety. That or it's just a coincidence.
Are you tired or overworked?
Nope. I'm not tired. Just depressed for no reason at all. And not sad kind of depressed, but fearful kind of depressed. Probably just a coincidence.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Paranoia. It's you being a bit paranoid. Which may or may not mean anything. Are you guilty?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Nope. I'm not tired. Just depressed for no reason at all. And not sad kind of depressed, but fearful kind of depressed. Probably just a coincidence.
So am I, but I'm hoping that it's some sort of per-menstrual syndrome because of the timing. Otherwise I am going back to therapy.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paranoia. It's you being a bit paranoid. Which may or may not mean anything. Are you guilty?
No or yes, I never felt guilt out of anything I do, nor have I done something remarkably wrong these days XD. Paranoia, I guess.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
No or yes, I never felt guilt out of anything I do, nor have I done something remarkably wrong these days XD. Paranoia, I guess.
Maybe it's unconscious guilt, like you are inadvertently blaming yourself for something? Who knows? You more than me, of course.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe it's unconscious guilt, like you are inadvertently blaming yourself for something? Who knows? You more than me, of course.
What's weird is the fact that my sis also felt this ominous fear. Perhaps we're both guilty of something. :proud:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ihave predicted many things before, But i wouldn't call it predicting, say for example 2 friends who hook up, and i know just exactly how long they will last and who will ruin who and mess with the other.

It could be a similar effect, you have enough details to see that a certain outcome is fairly likely to present itself

·
Registered
435 Posts
It could be real, it could be due to anxiety, it could be a mental imbalance, etc. We really have no way of knowing. Wait it out and see if something bad does happen. If it does, you will know you were feeling something real.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts