Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to add further to the ENTP-INFJ "natural connection" mythos, but ...

On rare occasions, for whatever reason, I get this sudden impulse to immerse myself in something ridiculously adorable, like a bathtub full of kittens.

It just now occurred to me: That's the thing you see in us that you like, isn't it? It's not our rippling intellect, sparkling wit, or outrageously good love-making abilities. It's that you know bubbling beneath the surface is a little boy squealing in a pool of baby animals.

I'm not quite sure how to process this revelation.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Yay, uninspiring bragging. I already didn't like ENTPs. Thanks for enforcing my feelings.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I found this one some time ago somewhere on the net, thought it was hilarious:

"ENTPs are the most self-aggrandizing of all the types, and they can usually be found looking into the mirror and fapping to their own image. ENTPs like to go around thinking their own shit don't stink, but everyone knows that's not true. Luckily, there is a fun experiment you can do with these crazed, self-deluded maniacs. The apparatus, INFJs, are a rare resource, partially because so many of them have been an hero to ENTJs. Once you find an INFJ, put it into the proximity of as many ENTPs as possible. (This works best with female INFJs and male ENTPs) After the ENTP talks to the INFJ for two seconds, hilarity will ensue once the ENTP finds they have been cockblocked."

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yay, uninspiring bragging. I already didn't like ENTPs. Thanks for enforcing my feelings.
Ouch, man ... that's a little harsh. I didn't say that I am (or ENTPs are) superior to anyone. My little flourish of arrogance was patently self-aware. I think you are greatly misinterpreting my intent (perhaps intentionally in order to reinforce your own admitted typist prejudices). My purpose was to rekindle discussion of a type-dynamic that I have always enjoyed and been fascinated by.

Reactions: hopebeat

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Not to add further to the ENTP-INFJ "natural connection" mythos, but ...

On rare occasions, for whatever reason, I get this sudden impulse to immerse myself in something ridiculously adorable, like a bathtub full of kittens.

It just now occurred to me: That's the thing you see in us that you like, isn't it? It's not our rippling intellect, sparkling wit, or outrageously good love-making abilities. It's that you know bubbling beneath the surface is a little boy squealing in a pool of baby animals.

I'm not quite sure how to process this revelation.
Lol!! Actually.. It's my theory that you guys are like cadbury eggs (around easter time they're out alot). Fe is the gooey insides. And the Chocolate is the Ne and Ti that's delicious and you guys never see it coming! Muhahaha!! Till we get to the center of Fe gooey yum.

Now. Infjs are more like tootsie pops. Delicious but hard exterior (That stubborn Ni Fe mix) that is irresistible! You're stuck and frustrated counting.. Knowing, that chewy yummy center of Ti will tell you all the secrets of the world and make everything make sense.. Like tripping on acid :tongue:

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Btw. Why is anyone taking this initial post as a personal attack or insult or even seriously? Concrete thinking not allowed in the intuitive domain!! No Fi allowed either. It's just no fun. And being serious in the center of our loly pop, it's best to opt for balance.

Reactions: hopebeat

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

"ENTPs are the most self-aggrandizing of all the types, and they can usually be found looking into the mirror and fapping to their own image. ENTPs like to go around thinking their own shit don't stink, but everyone knows that's not true. Luckily, there is a fun experiment you can do with these crazed, self-deluded maniacs. The apparatus, INFJs, are a rare resource, partially because so many of them have been an hero to ENTJs. Once you find an INFJ, put it into the proximity of as many ENTPs as possible. (This works best with female INFJs and male ENTPs) After the ENTP talks to the INFJ for two seconds, hilarity will ensue once the ENTP finds they have been cockblocked."
OUCH Level +10

Reactions: Necrilia

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OUCH Level +10
You mean because of its heteronormative presumptions? Yes, I found that to be quite offensive as well, but I was trying to keep the conversation light.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I didn’t see your original post as bragging, I found it charming and funny. Enjoyed it. I’m a big fan of kitties, as well as boys who enjoy kitties.

If I didn’t always have problems posting pics on this forum, I’d be spamming cute animal pics, stat!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I liked the original post too, and I might agree with it if I knew more ENTPs. But the unapologetically child-at-heart thing is what I really love about some of my long term INTP net friends.

I've seen at least two of them repost this
"Trying to remain a child at heart in an adult world"

I remember seeing it on the Encyclopaedia Dramatica. It's crude, but most of it is funny in a trollish way with equal bashing for all. I have to admit to loving the INFJ one. The hover over text is what makes it.

My one issue is it mentioning INFJs an heroing because of ENTJs. I don't think it's possible for that to happen. At least in my experience, I feel irritation towards them and their ingenuity by the second or third conversation.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the premise that no one could argue with kitties I came to the INFJ High Palace and offered up a bathtub full of them. Was I welcomed into the kingdom? Ohhhhh no ... my gifts were spurned.

SPURNED!

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
All the kitties are safe, not to worry. I've got two sitting on my desk right now looking thoroughly unthreatened by my bathtub fantasies.
Yuck!! No beastiality fantasies allowed!! I SPURN YOU! :angry:

Reactions: aliceinbrc

·
Registered
401 Posts
On the premise that no one could argue with kitties I came to the INFJ High Palace and offered up a bathtub full of them. Was I welcomed into the kingdom? Ohhhhh no ... my gifts were spurned.

SPURNED!
The title promised kittens. And nothing less than a bathtub full of them. You delivered none. I also doubt you could carry that many kittens in a bathtub without spilling them everywhere. The ideal vessel for kitten transportation is a box (which they love).

The level of disappointment I feel now is almost exclusively reserved for politicians, they're also all about annoying everyone with empty promises that they can't deliver.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'd also like that to be explained - and btw., is the J in ENTJ in the quote above a spelling mistake or not? Are we talking about ENTPs only or did ENTJs somehow get involved?

Excellent title, btw.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts