Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
545ff01bfadf942283eae4c5d53524bf.jpg.jpg

I tried to search but can not find any specific thread discussing this movie: A Beautiful Mind. I guess many of you will be easily relate with the character of John Nash albeit the typical way Hollywood depict his role is more "dramatic" than how Sylvia Nasar put in his biography book. I found this movie as a life lesson on what are the potential for triumphs or pitfalls far before I am exposed to this MBTI and INTJ classification things. Not to mention that I'm very much interested in the Game Theory too, beautiful piece indeed.

98a4b9c8546fd06f2433568ee6bfc835.jpg

I am curious how would you guys see this movie and what kind of inspirations or whether you have grudge and disagreements on it. Any translation to real life is very much appreciated because it may help us all too. Thanks before.

999e56ed704cafee53ccfb0d5ac4d5b3.jpg

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Thats a decent film. Its incredible how lonely it can be at the top, even when one is fully surrounded by cutting edge ppl. This film is about high IQ net reality. About the successes but also the burdaines of it. About the extreme loneliness one will experience in the world of consciousness expansion as continuos incoming multilayered, multidimensional data streams that just click everything in perfect order can be a lot to bear for a by-stander. Ive had the honor to meet ppl like that. They really are a wonder. And they never ever, in a whole infinity, reflect egoism. Just great stuff. Rare. Quite rare.

I think genious could mean just openminded, really. So you either hit it or get insane.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I will be back after I watch the movie tonight ...

Reactions: contradictionary

·
Registered
929 Posts
IM BACK A BOX OF TISSUES LATER......I was due for a cry in my yearly schedule anyway...

No warning of the feels that movie contained.... damn..... Shattered my stone heart and hit me right in the empathy synapses...

I saw many reflections of genius and madness I have know irl reflected in Johns character, and Alicia my lord... The strength of will and love that people that are close to those that endure mental illness is ....crazy... eheheh

But seriously, yes it is difficult to live with mental illness, but to watch a loved one go down that dark path and try to pull them out while keeping your mental health is one of the most incredible feats someone can do. The portrayal of this in the film is fantastic.

As you can see I was a bit more responsive to the emotion and mental health aspects of the movie than the plight of the intellectual outcast.... Sure when you're smart society leaves you out and might not give you the recognition you deserve but hey the intellectual usually knows/understand and probably doesn't care much about that haha

I can't remember many impactful movies that revolve around mental illness... many to do with the mind in general though. Melancholia was a brilliant film based on depression... highly recommend. Also perks of being a wallflower, about a guy named Charlie who has been suffering from clinical depression is recently been discharged from a mental health care institution to try adapt to a normal lifestyle as a young high school student, "adolescent mental health coming of age story". I also quite enjoyed black swan and its psychological twists and turns of a stressed soul portrayed so beautifully on screen.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've just been terrified, mortified, petrified,
stupefied.

(^_*)

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
You've just been terrified, mortified, petrified,
stupefied.

(^_*)

Unfortunately, movies do not equal reality.

John Nash Jr. and his wife died in a car crash because the taxi driver was an idiot, got them both killed.

Try picturing that inspirational movie ending.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately, movies do not equal reality.

John Nash Jr. and his wife died in a car crash because the taxi driver was an idiot, got them both killed.

Try picturing that inspirational movie ending.
Everyone would meet their demise one way or another but the story will ever be eternal. I wish you a good story =)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Everyone would meet their demise one way or another but the story will ever be eternal. I wish you a good story =)

Maybe the story is eternal, but the characters are not.

edit: other than that, I agree he had a lot to give back. Ron Howard is on the other hand, the real genius behind this production, and I really loved the movie myself at one time. Definitely one of my favourites.

However, John Nash seems more to me, as someone who had fairly marginal influence as a “genius”, compared to say Nikola Tesla or Isaac Newton.

There were more geniuses like Nash who were not represented as beautifully as he was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
An excellent movie and all the actors performed their roles perfectly, especially Russell Crowe. The story of the film was also great. The second half of the film was significantly better than the first half, but anyway I recommend watching it for everyone. Such movies inspire me to become better than I was yesterday. In addition to movies, I also listen to relaxing music and read stories that make me feel inspired. For example, I recently read invaluable lessons in life. This story has changed my attitude toward many things. So I advise everyone to read it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts