Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm stopping by here to share a test I made recently for both MBTI and the cognitive functions. The test has 106 (105 actually since one of them is a dud) questions that assess your scores using three different methods: a Grant/Brownsword-based algorithm, an axis-based algorithm, and a separate method altogether that uses a different collection of values to try and guess your Myers-Briggs type.

My Grant/Brownsword algorithm is contingent upon both an alternating I/E model along with the idea that you develop your functions through aging and assumes that your inferior function is undeveloped (though Brownsword stresses the idea of it coming out during stress, which isn't really accounted for on the test). The definitions I use for the functions belong to neither Grant nor Brownsword, however, and are more so based around my own observation of how the functions are generally* perceived by people when they are used to type characters in MBTI.

My axis-based algorithm assumes that you favor a particular stack in which two different axes are preferred over their respective opposites (e.g. Se/Ni vs Ne/Si) and also assumes that your four functions (a la Grant) are "developed" to begin with.

The third method of scoring types you using Myers-Briggs letters, with all of the test's questions having been assigned eight values with varying strengths along with the functions that they're meant to correspond to. If you're specifically looking for your Myers-Briggs type, I would recommend that this is the result you pay most attention to.

Thank you!!!! I hope y'all enjoy…

http://sakinorva.net/functions.php

·
Boaz & Jachin
ESTJ; LSE-Te; 6w5; 631; Sp/Sx; DC; TN
14,734 Posts

Good.
See the questions many before in other tests, a good collection.
Not exactly sure what a grant-brownsword function type or an axis-based function type is.
The cognitive and letter results are fairly consistent with other tests I have done so you haven't messed up in the algorithms.
Unsure what the purpose is to have 96 Qs and then to have 10 Qs to override them all. I suppose you are trying to achieve nuance with those 96 Qs, but I found a lot of them more relevant towards indicating a type for it to be placed lower in the priority compared to the 10 Qs, which I would say are generally lacking in the sense they are very basic and if your test is primarily founded on these 10 Qs then you may run into some issues.
You should explain what grant-brownsword function and axis-based functions are in you Q/As since those are not common type theories and since you have them as your result in your test then you will get people confused why they may for instant score ISTJ for one and ISFP for the other.
One more issue, it may be my eyes deluding me but the spacing between the Very Disagree and Slightly Disagree are greater than Very Agree and Slightly Agree.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Fancy. Let's try it.

Ne (extraverted intuition) 27
Ni (introverted intuition) 18.6
Se (extraverted sensing) 29
Si (introverted sensing) 15.8
Te (extraverted thinking) 12
Ti (introverted thinking) 35
Fe (extraverted feeling) 21
Fi (introverted feeling) 20

grant-brownsword function type ESTP
axis-based function type INFJ
most likely myers-briggs type ENTP
Hm. I'm unsure why I'm being classified as an extrovert when it's clear that my Ti (35) exceeds my Se (29). I'm just assuming I don't understand how this test data is distributed.

Reactions: NIHM

·
Boaz & Jachin
14,734 Posts
Fancy. Let's try it.

Hm. I'm unsure why I'm being classified as an extrovert when it's clear that my Ti (35) exceeds my Se (29). I'm just assuming I don't understand how this test data is distributed.
They are all using a different measurement or set of algorithms to arrive at those results, hence why you get several different types.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should explain what grant-brownsword function and axis-based functions are in you Q/As since those are not common type theories and since you have them as your result in your test then you will get people confused why they may for instant score ISTJ for one and ISFP for the other.
The Grant-Brownsword function model is the one that's been heavily popularized in the typing community… but its original creators' names have obscured with time. I may add that info soon, though.

·
Boaz & Jachin
14,734 Posts
The Grant-Brownsword function model is the one that's been heavily popularized in the typing community… but its original creators' names have obscured with time. I may add that info soon, though.
The heavily popularized typing models are; cognitive theory and MBTI.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fancy. Let's try it.

It's actually a tertiary/inferior function thing here (where your Fe edges out your Ni) along with that your function i/e responses may have been more E than I in general. I changed the formula a little bit to put more weight on the dominant function now—it was previously at equal weight with the auxiliary, which I don't think made too much sense in retrospect. Oops!

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Screenshot_20180403-082211.jpg

Good test. Better than some other's which are currently online.

·
Registered
285 Posts

This is consistent with what I get in most function tests, where I have overblown Ne, and Ni as a third strongest function.

I tend to identify with (and mostly recognize) Ti, which I find myself leading with in most cases. I'm also a lot more reserved as a person if I'm not being performative in public. When I do find myself engaging Ne in my creative projects (or some of my writing work), it's almost unfettered and I like watching my ideation process go haywire. I was considering the idea of being Ne-Ti, but while the intuition is overwhelming and fun, it's almost always to address something Ti-related that I want to confirm or disprove.

This is probably the only CF test I've taken where Ne supersedes Ti, but this doesn't surprise me.

Thanks for sharing this with us, OP!

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Strange receiving ENTP. I know I'm in a more favourable Te mode recently but I wasn't expecting that to skew the results that much. At least the other results are ENFP.

Reactions: NIHM and ai.tran.75

·
Registered
INFJ EII 5w4 so/sp (145) Pisces♓️
591 Posts
Ni 35,8
Ti 34
Fi 31
Fe 29
Si 25,1
Te 24
Ne 20,3
Se 16,3

F-functions: 60
T-functions: 58
N-functions: 56,1
S-functions: 41,4
Introverted functions: 125,9
Extraverted functions: 89,6
Judging functions: 118
Perceiving functions: 107,5

Dichotomies:
Introversion: 90,9 - Extraversion: 20,6
Intuition: 71,5 - Sensation: 31,4
Feeling: 51,8 - Thinking: 51,6
Judging: 62,3 - Perceiving: 37

RESULT: INFJ

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Strange receiving ENTP. I know I'm in a more favourable Te mode recently but I wasn't expecting that to skew the results that much. At least the other results are ENFP.
Oh my gosh. I first thought you may have given a really T response in the last bit but I realized I actually reversed a question that drastically affects your score… that was a little bit careless! I've fixed that now ooooops hahaha

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ne (extraverted intuition) 19
Ni (introverted intuition) 19.8
Se (extraverted sensing) 28
Si (introverted sensing) 19.8
Te (extraverted thinking) 16
Ti (introverted thinking) 19
Fe (extraverted feeling) 21
Fi (introverted feeling) 18

grant-brownsword function type-ESTP
axis-based function type-ESTP
most likely myers-briggs type-ESTP

Overall, I like this test over the keys2cognition as it doesn't force you to change your answers if you choose too many disagrees. The only real issue that I see are the Fe and Si questions. I feel they are too stereotypical to gauge the actual preference of Jung functions. Still, Great Test!!

1 - 20 of 252 Posts