Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, here are my answers to a questionnaire I found somewhere on this website. I would greatly appreciate any insight you can provide although I have a pretty good idea of the type I come off with theses answers.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nothing at all. I'm a 21 years old male.

1. Click on this link:*Flickr: Explore!*Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

I couldn't post the picture because I don't have enough posts to insert an image. I guess you're gonna have to imagine the picture based on my answer ;)
I chose a random picture of a bison walking in the middle of a road with cars all around him. We can contrast the bison with the car next to it as an old mean of transportation (not sure if people really rode bisons before but let’s assume they did) versus a recent one. Maybe on a subconscious level the bison is doing a race with the car, who knows :p. If they are, this could represent how the old way is generally less efficient and slower than the new way and cannot compete with it. Therefore we should consider moving forward instead of living in the past. However, the progress has made us gain in speed and efficiency but we became more detrimental to our environment, to the bison itself. We could even say that the new way is not only replacing the old way but also hurting it. Moreover, seeing so many cars in what seems to be a forest also shows how much we have expanded ourselves into the nature and imposing our will on it. I wonder how the photographer captured this picture. Were they standing on the road, outside of their car or did they just open the window to take it?

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I would be pissed off but I wouldn’t let that keep me from seeing my favorite band/artist/musician. How much time do we have until the concert? I would suggest calling someone to fix the car because I have literally no knowledge of cars (assuming no one in the group does) and once they arrive and take the car, I would call a taxi if that is possible or I would hitchhike.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Depends if I’m tired or not but I’m usually one to go to after parties so I guess I’d go.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would argue against it and show him how I think he’s wrong or at least try to understand why he thinks that way.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Hum I probably wouldn’t care since I don’t have those beliefs anymore. Weird question.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Life is an adventure that is meant to be lived fully. Not very original but I have spent too much time brooding in the past and sometimes worrying about a future that I can control. I now think it’s smarter to just enjoy the ride. I also like to live a spontaneous life that is at least a little out of the ordinary. For instance, I decided in a heartbeat to go work abroad next term in a country of which I don’t really speak the language and one week later I already had a job, a lead for an apartment and a plane ticket to leave right after New Year’s Eve.
I have a hectic sleep schedule; my room is a complete mess and I don’t really like structure. It’s not that I can’t do it it’s more that I really don’t want to. I prefer it that way. Living this way sometimes give me anxiety and makes me wonder how I would feel if I lived a more structured life (not saying that I’m Indiana Jones) but overall I’m fine with that so I probably won’t change.
I wish people would think for themselves a little more and be more open minded to alternate theories of things, as long as they make at least a little sense.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I would say my desire to change things in a way most people wouldn’t. I changed my major on a hunch (in my country it’s not that easy, I had to change school and start over from the beginning and I don’t regret it one bit as this gave me so many opportunities for growth) and I did the same when I decided to go to work abroad. I tend to have big ideas and sometimes fail to see if they are realistic or not.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

See above for the answer to this question.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Talking to people energize me but paradoxically I’m not the most extroverted person there is because I am bored easily. Staying active, both physically and mentally keeps me energized as well. Any boring activity is annoying and to be avoided.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I don’t know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I got Enfp. Not sure if this 4 questions test was really reliable though. I think I am indeed an Ne Type of some sort but I can't really choose which one..
"In a relationship you are inspired by as exceptional, extraordinary and irresistible partner as yourself. You recognize talent in people when you see it and know well how to manage people's feelings and opinions to serve your needs. You feel that to be knowledgeable is important and essential to you but you can never be sure that your erudition is adequate. You enjoy simple physical pleasures and people who know how to create them."

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ENFP - Jung Type Descriptions

Just curious if any of this resonates with you.

Do you have moments where you're excitable, talkative, etc. and then have moments where you shut down and need to recharge? In a "I'm on right now" and "I'm off right now" sense? ENFPs do get bored quite easily and need to find another interest to flock to. I think this occurs with people too. Sociable but then moving on to the next person. Like a social butterfly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious if any of this resonates with you.

Do you have moments where you're excitable, talkative, etc. and then have moments where you shut down and need to recharge? In a "I'm on right now" and "I'm off right now" sense? ENFPs do get bored quite easily and need to find another interest to flock to. I think this occurs with people too. Sociable but then moving on to the next person. Like a social butterfly.
From the description in the link : "easily talked into doing silly things" lol i relate to this way more than I'd like to admit. I relate to most of them but I also relate to the adjectives in the Entp description. I think the main problem with my indecisiveness is that I kinda change character all the tiiiime. I do that because I usually get bored from being the same way for too long. For instance, I'll think and act as an Entp one week then as an Enfp then try to act as an Esfp for example which makes it hard to know which type I am exactly since I can see both Entp et Enfp in myself, along with some other types but to a lesser extent.

From your answer: I totally relate to those "on" and "off" moments! I'm usually more on than off but it depends mainly on my mood. I speak on a regular basis to many different people.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Let's assume you are a dominant Ne user. ENXP.

"I need to isolate myself to process how I feel about the activities I've been engaging in lately and decide whether or not to keep doing them."
Fi auxillary ENFP.

"How can I manipulate the way that this object or situation works so that it instead works the way I'd like it to?"
Ti auxillary ENTP.

How does this help the process of elimination?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely the first one ^^ although I could see the second one as well but much less often. Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts