Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

as I'm rather new to the whole MBTI thing, I'm still confused by many different test results... But it's so fascinating to learn about so many different aspects of personalities and how they actually work in society! :) I'm looking forward to find out more and will be happy to have your guesses about me and other people.

I'm almost 27, have a rather busy life, and English is not my first language (nor that of my autocorrect), so please be kind :) I'm always happy if I stand politely corrected - as far as it concerns grammar and spelling!

As far as I got, my only strong functions seem to be N and P.
Most results show me ultimately in the Extravert section, though I'm not too sure about that... Either I'm a natural introvert who has learned to gain a lot of energy from social connections, or I'm a natural extravert who just can't handle too much ;)
The biggest question for me is: F or T? This varies literally every single test. I'm known to be a quite opinionated. Could POSSIBLY have been called "harsh" once. Or twice. ;§ At the same time, I seem to process communication stuff mainly by empathising. The way somebody critisizes me is literally everything. And I'm sensitive as f... Well. Taking a lot of things personally. Luckily, this is part of my job as a professional classical musician.
At this place, sorry already if I hurt someone on here by putting things too drastically. I don't mean it. Really. Sorry. Gosh, I'm pathetic, apologizing already in the introduction post. Way to go!

So... -insert awkward wave, lopsided smile-
Hi Personality Cafe, hi Cafe Robot (thanks for the message btw), very pleased to meet you!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Meret and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Meret. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
hello everybody,

as i'm rather new to the whole mbti thing, i'm still confused by many different test results... But it's so fascinating to learn about so many different aspects of personalities and how they actually work in society! :) i'm looking forward to find out more and will be happy to have your guesses about me and other people.

I'm almost 27, have a rather busy life, and english is not my first language (nor that of my autocorrect), so please be kind :) i'm always happy if i stand politely corrected - as far as it concerns grammar and spelling!

As far as i got, my only strong functions seem to be n and p.
Most results show me ultimately in the extravert section, though i'm not too sure about that... Either i'm a natural introvert who has learned to gain a lot of energy from social connections, or i'm a natural extravert who just can't handle too much ;)
the biggest question for me is: F or t? This varies literally every single test. I'm known to be a quite opinionated. Could possibly have been called "harsh" once. Or twice. ;§ at the same time, i seem to process communication stuff mainly by empathising. The way somebody critisizes me is literally everything. And i'm sensitive as f... Well. Taking a lot of things personally. Luckily, this is part of my job as a professional classical musician.
At this place, sorry already if i hurt someone on here by putting things too drastically. I don't mean it. Really. Sorry. Gosh, i'm pathetic, apologizing already in the introduction post. Way to go!

So... -insert awkward wave, lopsided smile-
hi personality cafe, hi cafe robot (thanks for the message btw), very pleased to meet you!
pokeball go~ catch the wild noob

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

If you look in the Cognitive Functions subforum you'll find some Fi vs Ti threads, not sure if there's Fe vs Te in there as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@bigstupidgrin
Thanks for the welcome! :) Yes, that was a good hint, I've been strolling around the cognitive forum's sticky threads for a while now (lots of pretty tough stuff to read, whew!) and it's very insightful.

I guess my dominant function is Ne, and very likely Ti and Fi, and maybe Si. But no idea what is aux, tertiary or inferior here... But I have a hunch I'm a T personality after all, judging on my interactions with others. ENTP starts to sound about right, at least for a healthy state of my mind. I've read that many ENTPs can feel like "chameleons" - sounds familiar to me... Confronted with many ExTJ or xSxJ people in my immediate surroundings, I quickly change my behaviour, disguising as INFP, probably (I passionately hate being bossed around, but I also hate fruitless conflict. I can argue like a lawyer under pressure, but I will keep my mouth shut and comply when I see I'd only "make it worse", though probably everyone can see my discontent... Talk about passive aggressive...:/)
And in a surrounding of many INTx types, I could pass as ENFP, I guess. In a team with almost only analytical types, the role of the "people skill person" usually goes to me. But I feel like an objective

It's easy to get confused! But after all, we're more than four-letter-words, aren't we... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts